Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    If anyone was expecting TTK level of DLC...they're nuts....Hopefully the first major expansion of D2 will not only fix most to all of the major issues in the game..but also add another class into the game.
    That just isn't going to happen, It has not through the Entirety of D1 and all it's Expansions if they were going to do it D2 was the time to add another class. I want a True Trinity style gameplay and am never going to get it. I personally have given up on D2 it has no replayability I got all 3 classes to 305 with ease cleared the Raid with Ease and was left with nothing to do. SO I quit after a Month and a Half. Now I have lost all desire to play and have hopped over to Warframe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

But apparently it's being discussed internally at Blizzard because even they are supposedly stumped by this.
    This part. Don't know if it's true but i suppose they're going Disney on them because they have a pretty much "good" history with players (at least on this kind of practices, not talking about games quality/enjoyability) and seeing their name tied with a project that's just going EA-way isn't going to bring good stuff.

Hell, they let Activision putting their game on BNet launcher and this happens, they're not amused for sure.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Good luck sadly I can't get a refund since I bought it physical.

I have swore off buying anything with Bungies name on it tho.
    Why have you been posting for the last 300 pages then bitchinggggg

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tried to get a refund from Blizzard since that's where I purchased the game. Even the GM I talked with there on live chat thought it was ripping people. But sadly his hands were bound and could not grant a refund even while Microsoft, Sony and Amazon are granting those.
    Only thing he could do was to keep track on the issue and forward it to blizzard/bungie

ITT: people acting surprised an MMO would keep end game content at the end game. And yes, that means that once the engame shifts to new level cap after an expansion, so does the endgame content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This isn't a excuse stop defending this shit ffs. No other game removes content you payed for and makes you buy said content again.

This is text book anti-consumer and you are defending it.
    So how's that lvl 85 ranked PvP serving you in WoW right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudoo View Post
    Tried to get a refund from Blizzard since that's where I purchased the game. Even the GM I talked with there on live chat thought it was ripping people. But sadly his hands were bound and could not grant a refund even while Microsoft, Sony and Amazon are granting those.
    Only thing he could do was to keep track on the issue and forward it to blizzard/bungie
    Yeah had a GM who thought the same.

Even said they were stumped by a move like that.

Honestly Blizzard support is arguably the best when it comes to games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    This part. Don't know if it's true but i suppose they're going Disney on them because they have a pretty much "good" history with players (at least on this kind of practices, not talking about games quality/enjoyability) and seeing their name tied with a project that's just going EA-way isn't going to bring good stuff.

Hell, they let Activision putting their game on BNet launcher and this happens, they're not amused for sure.
    I bet they are kind of regretting that now.

Problem is Activision can tell them if a game is going on their launcher then it is.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah had a GM who thought the same.

Even said they were stumped by a move like that.

Honestly Blizzard support is arguably the best when it comes to games.
    I find it really weird that just they couldn't give a refund while all other companies seems to give a refund for the broken product it is right now. But at the same time this is gonna make it a lot tougher for other companies to get their product on battle.net after this fiasco unless Activision has veto power over Blizzards own launcher :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    ITT: people acting surprised an MMO would keep end game content at the end game. And yes, that means that once the engame shifts to new level cap after an expansion, so does the endgame content.

- - - Updated - - -

So how's that lvl 85 ranked PvP serving you in WoW right now?
    Uhm WoW has kept end game content at it's respective end game for 13 years. It's revamped a few raids and dungeons along the way. And even revamping them kept the core identity of them.

Try again. MMOs do keep their respective end game content at the level intended for the most part or revamp it to try something new with it. (Zul Dungeons or Onyxia as an example)

Destiny 2 should not have removed Nightfalls and gated it behind the DLC so stop bloody defending it. It's greed. "Pay us more money and get the content you paid full price for unlocked again"

That would be like if WoW locked every other raid behind buying the current expansion. There is a reason they don't. It's corporate idiocy.

But sure use PvP as an example which is really only done at max level and in a dire state atm.

60/70 and even 100 guilds exist in WoW for the sole purpose of seeing that content. Sure it's not possible to recreate the 60/70 experience entirely due to how much the game has changed power wise but the option is still there.

But alas I remember why I had you on ignore now so I won't respond further.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-07 at 03:52 PM.

I bet they are kind of regretting that now.

Problem is Activision can tell them if a game is going on their launcher then it is.
    Sure. I'm not really sure Activision has this much power on Blizzard given how they could have every single game pushed onto bnet if they could, but didn't happen. Looks to me more like a test run.

Honestly, it was back in the D1 days and Titan project that i was wondering if Activision had any role in scrpping the original project because D1 looked like to become a futuristic MMOFPS and Titan would have just overshadowed it probably in addition to get all the pc players, something they wouldn't have been able to get back for D2.

I mean, it's not just that for sure, things are more complicated than that. But still it leaves me wondering if.

Sure. I'm not really sure Activision has this much power on Blizzard given how they could have every single game pushed onto bnet if they could, but didn't happen. Looks to me more like a test run.

Honestly, it was back in the D1 days and Titan project that i was wondering if Activision had any role in scrpping the original project because D1 looked like to become a futuristic MMOFPS and Titan would have just overshadowed it probably in addition to get all the pc players, something they wouldn't have been able to get back for D2.

I mean, it's not just that for sure, things are more complicated than that. But still it leaves me wondering if.
    Activision own them. I doubt Blizzard had much say in D2 being on the app.

If Activision say "CoD is going on the Battle.net App" then what can Blizzard do out of curiosity?

This whole situation is an utter mess though.

Not only have Bungie essentially said "buy our expansion to access content you already paid full price for" (See my WoW raid comparison above) but the fact there are people defending this tells me the state of today's gaming community.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

To be honest, that wouldn't surprise me one bit if Activision had something to do with the scrapping of Titan so it didn't overshadow what they thought would become a futuristic MMOFPS, I never trust Activision since they're not really thinking about the players

Activision own them. I doubt Blizzard had much say in D2 being on the app.
    Again, not really sure on this. But i don't have any actual data or source so not going to delve too much in this. Sure as hell they have some kind of power to apply pressure. But also Blizzard isn't one of the small studios big companies like to buy and close.

Again, not really sure on this. But i don't have any actual data or source so not going to delve too much in this. Sure as hell they have some kind of power to apply pressure. But also Blizzard isn't one of the small studios big companies like to buy and close.
    Yeah I'll admit I don't either.

This is pure speculation on my part. But no point delving further as you said unless we have actual proof/data.

Ech well, so I'm down 35 bucks. Shrug.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Ech well, so I'm down 35 bucks. Shrug.
    They said they are discussing it internally. Least that is what I was told when I opened a ticket.

Only two options are these

1. Offer refunds or some form of compensation.

2. Bungie sort themselves out and put Nightfall and the other removed content back on the base game.

Or hell they could do nothing at all but well people are already annoyed on the matter so they really wouldn't be doing themselves a favor adding more fuel to the fire.

Just to get it straight - since line sucks i've yet to finish the update and i'm going to leave for 2 weeks tomorrw so yeah

You could do stuff at X power level. Now with the DLC the required (for these activities) and max power levels have all been updated (basically increased). However if you don't have the DLC you cannot actually reach the new levels required thus you're gated out.

Or it's literally "no access until you own DLC"?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got the season pass, so I'm not experiencing this, but if they've just removed the capability to do Nightfalls completely, that's bullshit. You should at least be able to run "vanilla Nightfalls", or whatever, with the old gear caps. When I go to queue for Crucible, there's the regular options for Crucible and Competitive, and CoO queues with new maps. Don't see why they couldn't have done the same with Nightfalls and Strikes.

You can no longer run Nightfalls without the DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've got the season pass, so I'm not experiencing this, but if they've just removed the capability to do Nightfalls completely, that's bullshit. You should at least be able to run "vanilla Nightfalls", or whatever, with the old gear caps. When I go to queue for Crucible, there's the regular options for Crucible and Competitive, and CoO queues with new maps. Don't see why they couldn't have done the same with Nightfalls and Strikes.
    As I said.

It's like if any other game with raids or dungeons said "buy our current expansion or you can't run any old raid or dungeon"

It's greed and I don't blame those asking for refunds.

The worst part is the refunds are having to be dealt with by Blizzard for PC because it goes through their App/system. Not that their support is bad I just feel sorry that their support has to deal with it for the most part.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-12-07 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You can no longer run Nightfalls without the DLC.
    Like, literally, hover with the mouse and it's crossed red? That's just awful. What the hell.