Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Non-canon.

I'm hoping Arthas' body is on display somewhere in Silvermoon, hanging on someone's wall like a trophy.
    It's believed to be cremated.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Can we just keep Arthas dead?

His arc was over. There's nothing more they can do with him that wouldn't be stupid. Illidan was brought because his arc ended really abruptly and pointlessly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    It's believed to be cremated.
    Maybe they put it in a blue crystal in some cave so a time traveling Kel'Thuzad can float through the cave and find it then laugh as chains cross the crystal then.....

Wait...

The quest is about arriving just after another player kills Arthas and forgets to loot the reigns. I don't think it's taking place "currently".

Isn't Arthas Canonically buried in Stormwind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I think we could do a redeemed Arthas storyline -in the Shadowlands-. Where he stays dead, but is a major help to us, there, in stopping some greater evil.

That would be a good way to do it?
    Perhaps but I feel like he shouldn't be redeemed. In my heart he made a terrible mistake and the wrong decisions because he was terribly flawed and full of rage. He doesn't need to be brought back and pushed into the light again. Those who knew him, forgave him for the most part. At his end, he regretted his decision.

Deleted
    I think we could do a redeemed Arthas storyline -in the Shadowlands-. Where he stays dead, but is a major help to us, there, in stopping some greater evil.

That would be a good way to do it?
    You can't redeem someone who did not commit wrongs. Shadowmourne stripped him of his soul, swallowed his goodness.

This quest is a joke.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    You can't redeem someone who did not commit wrongs. Shadowmourne stripped him of his soul, swallowed his goodness.

This quest is a joke.
    The quest is a joke, but he slaughtered innocents in Stratholme before he got Frostmourne. And killed his own men on the Frozen Shore of Northrend. Burned the boats. Slaughtered the mercenaries he hired to keep them from telling the truth...

Arthas did a lot of evil before he took up Frostmourne.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Isnt Arthas buried in the unmarked grave in Stormwind cemetary, with the Lordaeron signet on?
    Just a fan theory with no evidence to support it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Isn't Arthas Canonically buried in Stormwind?
    Just a fan theory.

Can’t see Arthas returning as anything but a Force Ghost. Let the boy rest.

The quest is a joke, but he slaughtered innocents in Stratholme before he got Frostmourne. And killed his own men on the Frozen Shore of Northrend. Burned the boats. Slaughtered the mercenaries he hired to keep them from telling the truth...

I mean, he wasn't wrong in Stratholme, I personally think if he'd followed uthers advice even more would have died to the plague as stratholmes zombies spread far and wide.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Deleted

Arthas spared them from the undeath, from spreading the plague. This very action saved his kingdom. He did, but only to serve greater good and justice itself. They became martyrs. Stopping Mal'ganis was a priority.

I see no evil in him, brother.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Stratholm was a colossal f up on everyone part no matter what arthas did people were Gona die, if anything uther screwed that up. If uther didn’t leave, him and his knights coulda help vetted some of the people saving more lives.
    Agreed with the mercenaries getting betrayed part thou

Some say its in menethil harbor since there is a bigger unnamed grave.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I mean, he wasn't wrong in Stratholme, I personally think if he'd followed uthers advice even more would have died to the plague as stratholmes zombies spread far and wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heart of Thorns View Post
    Arthas spared them from the undeath, from spreading the plague. This very action saved his kingdom. He did, but only to serve greater good and justice itself. They became martyrs. Stopping Mal'ganis was a priority.

I see no evil in him, brother.
    Sister.

Both of these posts hinge on the same thing: Actively making the choice to take an evil action to create a better outcome. And it's been argued all throughout history. But. Just because something good came out of it doesn't mean it was a good act. There were many uninfected people in Stratholme that he cut down "Just to be sure".

And any good person would still feel guilty about doing it, even with the better outcome. Arthas was so sure of his decision that his guilt was, at best, minimal. And then he went on to do even more evil acts, with less and less "Good Reasons" to do it.

I think he should have a redemption arc, one in which he acknowledges that he should have -found- another way to contain the evil.

It's all a Trolley Cart problem, in the end, though.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Sister.

Both of these posts hinge on the same thing: Actively making the choice to take an evil action to create a better outcome. And it's been argued all throughout history. But. Just because something good came out of it doesn't mean it was a good act. There were many uninfected people in Stratholme that he cut down "Just to be sure".

And any good person would still feel guilty about doing it, even with the better outcome. Arthas was so sure of his decision that his guilt was, at best, minimal. And then he went on to do even more evil acts, with less and less "Good Reasons" to do it.

I think he should have a redemption arc, one in which he acknowledges that he should have -found- another way to contain the evil.

Mercy killing isn't evil, it was more evil to walk away and let them turn to undeath *uther*
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Man, this is a total joke quest that highlights game mechanics like raid loot. The very character that "forgot to loot" Invincible already has Invincible "from last week's lockout". Do you think it's canon that Arthas is killed several times weekly, has several Invincibles, and carry his horse in his pocket?

Clearly he doesn't carry Invincible in his pocket, I would have looted it by now!

Deleted
    Sister.

Before I have made my account here I remember reading one of your comments, you know, the one about living in Jerry Springer era. This is why I called you 'brother'. But as courtesy I will use 'Lord's child' from now on. Win-win I hope.

Killing is neither good nor evil. Intent makes it so. Better sure than sorry!

Minimal guilt is all he needed, for purity carried his hammer. Mal'ganis could always return, releasing him was the most important task.

I guess we are meant to disagree, as I simply can't see place for redemption here.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreiOptyck View Post
    Idk. I'm just curious if this is canon or not. I don't want blizzard to f with arthas for expansions. Just bring him back already.
    Fuck no, don't be those types that want the same Characters / Bosses we killed years ago, come back again with a much bigger shit story with them then!

Let him stay dead, you types are the reason why the new KJ was nothing like Sunwell one!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Though Arthas could be brought back or at least made relevant again. After the Chronicle books came out fleshing out the universe it pretty much explained that he would go to the Shadowlands after death. So unless his soul was destroyed he is pretty much in the dark evil place that Sylv saw when she died from the Icecrown suicide.
    Sylvanas saw him there when she went to the Shadowlands after her suicide at Icecrown Citadel.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.