View Poll Results: Should guilds note be changed?

Voters
16. This poll is closed
  • Yes, i would love this change!

7 43.75%
  • No, it is perfect how it is.

8 50.00%
  • I rather have a "note" log.

0 0%
  • I'm fine with both ideas.

1 6.25%
    10+ Year Old Account

Should guild "notes" be personal editable ?

Right now the "Note" that you can fill in when you are in a guild is quite shitty. Most of the guilds don't give their members permission to use it. And reasons for that is because most of the time inside a guild. There is atleast 1 person who will abuse it and write crap in it.

But what if we change it? What if we give everyone the permission to use it. But in return they can only change their own note (Which actually makes alot more sense then it does right now) If someone wants to write crap in their note, not only does the officers know that he did it himself but also he can't write crap in other people's note.

What do you think? should they make a change like this?

Or you rather have it as it is now but instead have some kind of log. To see who changed someone his note.

(For those who don't know what note im talking about)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

15+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* I read the title as "Should guild "notes" be edible?" I do agree on with both suggestions as either would be fine.

I wish there less of these threads about petty bs. Seriously how the hell can this be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scornedfury View Post
    I wish there less of these threads about petty bs. Seriously how the hell can this be a problem.
    If it is bullshit, then you never managed a guild. And have no interest in guilds at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Don't know that it matters. We use ours to keep track of what toons are alts of which mains, which is pretty darn public and noncontroversial. If there's any "who has an enchanter" questions we use discord for that.

Our secret officer notes just track how people were recommended to us, in case some sort of buried drama comes up (it doesn't).

It's been a while since I handed over guild master so I don't know to what degree that's customizable, but it would be nice if it was per-guild option at least. In our case locked down makes sense. In yours, do what you like.

What the fuck? The guild leadership sets the note editing privileges. Maybe quit joining garbage-ass trade chat cesspool guilds if you're tired of people editing youw wittwe note, baby boy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Don't know that it matters. We use ours to keep track of what toons are alts of which mains, which is pretty darn public and noncontroversial. If there's any "who has an enchanter" questions we use discord for that.

Our secret officer notes just track how people were recommended to us, in case some sort of buried drama comes up (it doesn't).

It's been a while since I handed over guild master so I don't know to what degree that's customizable, but it would be nice if it was per-guild option at least. In our case locked down makes sense. In yours, do what you like.
    Don't even need a discord for that, you can see who has what professions right in the guild interface. Who has what prof, what level, and what recipes they know.
    Though I too read the title as 'edible' so at least I got a laugh.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Our Officers use it to write down how much EP/GP the players have, and everyone can see it, or who the toon is an alt of.
    This, if your guild uses EP/GP then the officer note isn't a problem because anything other than X,Y in it is going to throw off the addon. But if you don't use that addon and people are just putting random crap in it you aren't happy with, then that is your problem with the leadership.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Don't even need a discord for that, you can see who has what professions right in the guild interface. Who has what prof, what level, and what recipes they know.
    Very true, I never use that so it didn't come to mind. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    If it is bullshit, then you never managed a guild. And have no interest in guilds at all.
    Lol you're extremely wrong. Just lol at your immature guild drama. Usually reflects on poor leaders. Good luck. Going to need it with such a petty problems as this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I am sure you can do that already. Of course, no, officer's note is for officers. The other one can be enabled for all.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

this. another retarded thread about nothing

i'd personally like it, im glad that some guilds don't allow it though

the guild i am currently in, only notes certain players which is kind of random... i get noted all the time, but i am also friends with the officers and the GM so its ok.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Why does everyone’s and their mothers need a discord for everything these days? Fuck discord. Fuck it in the ass with a big rubber dick!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Why does everyone’s and their mothers need a discord for everything these days? Fuck discord. Fuck it in the ass with a big rubber dick!
    The original post was saying they have their guild discord and ask questions in it. It's really not abnormal to have a guild discord to replace older VOIP programs, stop getting angry at normal things you overdramatic loon.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

I've left our player notes editable, only the officer one isn't, and that's only due to how EPGP works. Otherwise I wouldn't care. People like to write each other little love-letters, let'm have some fun imo.

ahem...

"NEVER EVER MAY YOU PEOPLE DISCUSS QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES BECAUSE I THINK IT'S PETTY WHILE COMMENTING ON A FUCKING FORUM POST ABOUT THINGS I FIND PETTY."

Paraphrased. Time to suck that cheeto dust off your fingers.

On topic for OP:

I think it would be a good change. All they would have to do is make it a toggle. Either permissions could be "no edit" "all edit" "personal edit". That way people who want to keep it the same would have that option, while those who would like people to write their own guild notes without the fear of lighthearted vandalism can have that too.
    Last edited by Protean; 2017-12-07 at 07:01 PM.

Why would anyone bother to just write random stuff in it? My guild's is editable by anyone, but all they ever says is spec/ilvl/__'s alt. If you're having issues with people putting inappropriate/unnecessary stuff in the notes then that's an issue with your guild, not the feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread doesn't seem to be producing much in the way of constructive discussion. Closing.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead