Poll: would you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I would quit for good. Gambling is a sinful adventure, and so is enabling greed. I don't play games with lootboxes.
    Last edited by mmocbf7d4bd671; 2017-12-07 at 05:26 PM.

Everything is ready for it. They could very easily make relinquished tokens available for money and keep the possibility to Titanforge to the max. How awesome ! Now you can spend much money to maybe get this elusive Arcanocrystal.

I can see the marketing carefully raising the hype with arguments such as

"Catch up to your friends in Azeroth with this special lvl 110 Boost + 15 relinquished tokens offer !!!"

"Pre order BfA, and you can choose an Argus mythic cache to get a sweet shot at a Pantheon trinket ! No PUG will ever decline you again !!!"

"Missed your M+ run last week ? Trade a wow token for that weekly treasure chest that you know your skill deserves !!!"

depends, if the items inside the boxes offer no ingame benefit then I wouldn't care about them being added to WoW.

I'd be out the door faster than Sonic the Hedgehog.

No interest in seeing an game like WoW or FF14 do that kind of garbage.

Bad enough Rift, Wildstar (kind of) and GW2 did it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love WoW a good bit for being a very solid themepark that constantly pushes out content. However, I've grown to despise how much money Blizz is trying to suck out of WoW.

You're paying an upfront box, an expansionpack, then the next one that releases every 2 years, then you have a subscription. I was fine with that, knowing I get everything the game has to offer.

Servers being completly dead forces people to buy servertransfers and it is realistic that said people have 3-8 characters, if not more, that they care about - the game's been out for a long time, I can understand that. 20 bucks a pop is just absolutely overkill for that. Server merges need to happen faster, putting a pricetag on transfers is the only real option for offering-but-limiting it to prevent every server but a few becoming huge, I see that.

Then we also have stuff like race-changes and namechanges. I... Don't mind them since I don't use them at all but I do feel annoyed by the existance of the Cash shop for pets, mounts and a few transmogitems.

I'm paying so much for WoW already, having optional things to buy as well is a pretty cocky move all things considered. On top of that, because Legion offered a maxlevelboost, you gotta have those available for purchase otherwise people will buy legion + box over and over for instant max-level characters.

I can tolerate all of that. Lootboxes, however, might just be what makes me quit for good. I love WoW's content, I love the gamefeel, the world and everything, but Blizzard has shown to become more and more greedy over the years with their optional things you can buy. You can argue that it's not greed, but I'd at most agree to disagree with that notion.

When I pay so much for a game already, I should be expecting everything the game has to offer. This is already not the case. Putting yet another "optional" system on top of that would make me quit. Lootboxes are annoying me, as they're yet another fad for making cash. Remember +-ing your weapons in Asia MMORPGs? I see it as something like that. Still exists in some games, but has gone down a whole lot. (mostly due to there being less MMORPG releases but...Eh.)

Lets not kid ourselves, no one would actually quit this game for good. Its so much easier said than done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd still play probably, but if we're talking gamble boxes that f2p games have I just wont fork out a extra cent if they cost money to open, or to buy a key to open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    What the h*ck do you think the caches are?

My dear blizzard posts are funny. Guess who started this modern lootbox craze? Guess who put macro transactions in a sub mmo? Rmah in an action rpg?
    Blizzard didn't create lootboxes you silly goose, mobile gaming started it all. or at least popularized it, making gaming companies go "Boy look how much money they are making maybe we should get more money as well as charge them for the game"

Get your head out your poo poo hole you crazy doo hickey
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-12-07 at 05:29 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I dont play full price games, that have loot boxes. I sure as hell am not going to pay for a full price game with a subscription and loot boxes.

I find loot boxes to be a shitty game mechanic in general, but if you tie them to a f2p game and make them cosmetic, I find it hard to complain about them, because they need to make money somehow.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Lets not kid ourselves, no one would actually quit this game for good. Its so much easier said than done.
    It really is not, brother. If you find in yourself vines of addiction then fight it.

It already has them and you pay $15 a month plus some of your time to get them.

Buying RNG reward boxes for money in F2P or buying access to RNG loot boxes via a sub is essentially the same thing in terms of the addictive impulse.

Bonus roll coins cost gold (or other) and are in a form loot boxes that can be bought with money.

TLDR: WoW already has loot boxes, they just hide it better than other games.

I think the 'only if its cosmetics' argument is getting pretty old right now. Especially since the only meaningful rewards are cosmetic variations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Blizzard didn't create lootboxes you silly goose, mobile gaming started it all. or at least popularized it, making gaming companies go "Boy look how much money they are making maybe we should get more money as well as charge them for the game"

Get your head out your poo poo hole you crazy doo hickey
    They didn't invent it, but don't you think it's weird that we've had more games with loot boxes in the last year and a half than between tf2 getting them and overwatch coming out? You can keep defending them, but they're just as bad as ea. My dear blizzard posters are funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't invent it, but don't you think it's weird that we've had more games with loot boxes in the last year and a half than between tf2 getting them and overwatch coming out? You can keep defending them, but they're just as bad as ea. My dear blizzard posters are funny.
    How am I defending them when I said I would quit if they added them ? lol.

I haven't brought a single game thats involves a P2W service, especially through micro transactions and loot boxes. And yes I like Blizzard, outside of that dumb BMAH in Diablo 3 and adding loot boxes to HotS (two games I don't play lol) I don't really have an issue with them. But loot boxes would be the nail that drives it home, especially P2W, even cosmetics, unless they are free but the whole loot boxes format needs to die.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-12-07 at 05:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    How am I defending them when I said I would quit if they added them ? lol.

I haven't brought a single game thats involves a P2W service, especially through micro transactions and loot boxes. And yes I like Blizzard, outside of that dumb BMAH in Diablo 3 and adding loot boxes to HotS (two games I don't play lol) I don't really have an issue with them. But loot boxes would be the nail that drives it home, especially P2W, even cosmetics, unless they are free but the whole loot boxes format needs to die.
    Because you said they're better than ea when they keep setting trends on how to nickle and dime people. I would even rather have micro transactions in wow than the macro ones we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victoria View Post
    Greetings champions, good to see you all!

With the lootbox controversy surrounding almost every new game, I'd like to ask you:

Would you still play WoW if it had lootboxes?

I'll create a poll with some options. Feel free to express why would you play or abandon the game.
    It does have loot boxes.
    Buy gold tokens, play the BMAH.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

It's called the black market auction house isn't it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    WoW already has. Sort of. Everything you do in-game is for the chance of aquiring a new, shiny item. Same concept in a different packaging.
    Cant buy em in the shop and thats what counts.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you said they're better than ea when they keep setting trends on how to nickle and dime people. I would even rather have micro transactions in wow than the macro ones we have now.

I said myself blizzard are no saint they have made some dumb decisions, I am aware, but I'll take what they have over additional payments with loot boxes. (anything that makes me spend more real life money). I honestly have no issue with the way WoW is right now. Maybe you do, but I honestly I am super fine with it. Now if you wanna talk about Overwatch and HotS that side of Blizzard I can agree on. Just keep that shit out of WoW.

I would probably still play the game, I just wouldn't buy the boxes.