Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Withered Army Training Scenario - LLothien Prowler

So I've been through this scenario top to bottom. There are no more chests to loot. I am wondering though if there is a minimum score I need to do to get the chest(s) that drop the "Torn Invitation". I'd hate to continue to make my way all the way to the end if I don't really have to.

I got mine just the other day. I don't know if there is a minimum score you should get though. I do suggest you also get the Nightborne cache whenever the emissary is up.

I believe the minimum score to get is 400-425 or something like that. After that it's completely random.

You need just 420 points iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine from the emissary quest of that zone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Did every emissary q, every withered army training scenario since it was avaible - still no fox, fml :'(
    My mind has left, my body follows

10+ Year Old Account
    So basically you have to get to the end... FML.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    You do not need to get to the end to get a score of over 400.

Just kill everything in every chamber you get to. Then let your withered die.

I literally did the emissary from launch, i just got my mount like 3 months ago. the rng on it is a fucking joke.

IIRC you can even get it from the small chest (0 score)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I literally did the emissary from launch, i just got my mount like 3 months ago. the rng on it is a fucking joke.
    You should have seen it in your mission table way sooner than that. I suspect it triggers as bad luck protection after you've tried X times with the training scenario. Unless you've only done emissary and not withered training I guess.

Usually people would just 400 for the largest chest because it had more items them the smaller ones. But both have the chance to have it in the chest.

A full clear is like 700 points so you definitely don' need to get to the end.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I capped out at about 815 or so on a full clear, just for giggles. definitely don't have to get to the end.

In fact, the original strat for most loot/least work is literally clearing to 400 and then leaving for the big chest
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    You should have seen it in your mission table way sooner than that. I suspect it triggers as bad luck protection after you've tried X times with the training scenario. Unless you've only done emissary and not withered training I guess.
    I think I did withered training like 3-4 times in total. It was completely pointless to do so I never bothered.

I got it on my second or third attempt, didn't even realize it was special. Can't believe people still don't have it after all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I find it retarded that more score doesn't equal higher chance of fox.

Early on in 7.0 I was able to max the score out. Still no fox.
    This.

I did the scenario for my Blood DK Hidden skin and i can't bring myself to do it again for the MOnk and the Paladin.

The Drop chance should go higher or at least the quantity of loot you get, if you get a better score, otherwise there is no point in going any further in the scenario.

I got the invitation from literally starting, going in, killing 1 or 2 withered, and then running away leaving my "army" behind until they all despawned and I was returned to the start.

Before that, I was clearing it 100% every chance for 9 months without a result.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I got it on my second or third attempt, didn't even realize it was special. Can't believe people still don't have it after all this time.
    RNG is just RNG, most WoW players should be familiar with it.

Won't be the first item people try for over a period of many years without it dropping.

From what I've heard, you don't have to kill a single mob to get the mount item, you can just immediately end it. It's completely RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    I think I did withered training like 3-4 times in total. It was completely pointless to do so I never bothered.
    It's the main source of the invitation. Emissary are supplemental. That's why you had such bad luck. Not RNG