Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    But thats not something US based players can really use as a arguement as all those things are available to them also.

Then again, i do think this whole "paid vacation" thing is being blown out of proportion, i work for a Dutch company which also has offices in US and all our US collegues have paid vacation, the same number of days we have. Also in my working field (IT) everyone based in the US also has paid vacation that i've met in person. I'm getting a bit of a feeling that the whole unpaid vacation thing is mostly for the lower scaled jobs, and alot less a thing in higher scaled jobs.
    Oh, I wasn't making excuses or trying to argue. I was just stating that those factor into the ability to compete (regardless of region), I can care less about the US/Euro argument. It varies from game to game and seems to be pretty cyclical in nature. WoW is kind of unique in that one side has dominated for so long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Yup
    We need a guild banned now
    We might need to invent some kind of rubix cube style bingo with additional squares. I feel like every tier additional memes get added to the pool.

Depends on the game. Starcraft has been dominated by Koreans forever I believe. Possibly longer than WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeBit View Post
    Sarri you are still playing? How is the raid from a melee perspective? I gave up my beloved warri after the melee unfriendly shit last addon.

Sry for being OT.
    I'm playing on a social level this expansion, due to IRL stuff, so can't give any first hand accounts for how it's been to progress this time.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

So anything interesting from Method/Exorsus about Special Mythic phase of Argus yet? I imagine they reached it already (At least Method) after a day of trying, probably broken as usual and gets fixed as they fight him...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    So anything interesting from Method/Exorsus about Special Mythic phase of Argus yet? I imagine they reached it already (At least Method) after a day of trying, probably broken as usual and gets fixed as they fight him...
    Well apparently Exorsus has been at 13% by stacking 6 havoc DH's - but Blizzard silently changed something and now they're back to wiping at 80%
    https://twitter.com/ExorsusWoW/statu...14527285747712
    https://twitter.com/ExorsusWoW/statu...36561516552192

So nothing about the extra phase yet

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Well apparently Exorsus has been at 13% by stacking 6 havoc DH's - but Blizzard silently changed something and now they're back to wiping at 80%

That was wrt Aggramar...

that was aggramar, not antorus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fohpo View Post
    Unpaid leave? Part-time jobs, college students, etc. also becomes a factor when considering playtime.
    That's not good. Students should focus on their studies not be spending hours on end on gaming. What happens when they can't find employment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post

That's aggramar, not Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    That's not good. Students should focus on their studies not be spending hours on end on gaming. What happens when they can't find employment.
    Well, the millennials come to complain on the MMO-C forums. Other groups, IDK...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Trial of the Grand Crusader? Mogu'shan Vaults?
    Very possible -- I did a search for MSV and couldn't find the "official" thread for heroic (maybe there wasn't one?). There was one for ToES, which was 24 pages. Even though that was 4 bosses, clear time was comparable to MSV, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    Can page count be considered a reliable metric, tho? Interest in the race has plummeted.
    This is true as well. Someone pointed out that there wasn't real drama this tier, but I feel like if there's interest in a race, the drama tends to get manufactured somehow, even if it wasn't there to begin with. I think the lack of difficulty so far (I'm talking about difficulty relative to what Method/Exorsus/Limit have done in the past, not how long it will take guild 200 to clear) has contributed to the lack of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    (i'm just lurking in this thread but figured I'd chime in)

I run a design/engineering department at a prototyping company. I've been here almost 7 years and I only get 10days paid vacation a year. Most people I know get between 5 and 10 days. some get none. Those are people in the design/engineering world. not low level workers.
    your company sounds like garbage. call center employees.. thats right call center employees get 28 days a year after 5 years. 20 days to start.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    your company sounds like garbage. call center employees.. thats right call center employees get 28 days a year after 5 years. 20 days to start.
    Call centers also pay roughly half, if that, of what a design/engineering company will, and it's a lot easier to replace someone if they're out of the office at a call center.

Saying the company sounds like garbage when it's pretty much industry standard for any decent-level job says a lot about you.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

So Kuznam is back in Method, eh? With Acurielle if I'm not mistaken. That was kinda .... predictable

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    So Kuznam is back in Method, eh? With Acurielle if I'm not mistaken. That was kinda .... predictable
    Except Acurielle was never Kuznam's character, he only account shared it.

The Asians just killed Coven, so probably Aggramar stream inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Call centers also pay roughly half, if that, of what a design/engineering company will, and it's a lot easier to replace someone if they're out of the office at a call center.

Saying the company sounds like garbage when it's pretty much industry standard for any decent-level job says a lot about you.
    I wouldn't waste any time trying to reason with this person. (The person you quoted)

Reminds me of a 14 year old with no idea how the real world works and a very closed off view of the world.
    Last edited by Veshx; 2017-12-07 at 07:43 PM.

Agree with this. Generalizations are bad. I've been in a company where the lowest income earners can accrue upwards of 32 days/yr (after some time served), and I've also been in a company where professionals earning in the 90th+ percentiles of US income get much less vacation. Elitism on the internet is comical and pathetic. Everyone makes 400k a year, owns a 7000 sqft house with 3 acres of land, and most importantly, is 12/11M.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Asian guild killed Coven.
    Any melee? lol

lol ya its a good job, just a small company, can't afford to have people out. only thing that should change here is we dont get more vacation until 10 years which is dumb, should be 5 more at 3 or 5. Hell, even massive huge international abbott nutrition white collar workers in this same city only get like 10 days to start.

Also, I get sick and personal time on top of the 10 vacation days. but those can be used a little different. we also have great health care.

Most companies in america start people with between 5 and 10 days of vacation if you get any at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Acurielle is Gamko's hpal, played by Kuznam during NH when Serenity lacked healers.