10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    The high/blood elves pale skin was already an abnormally from their exposure to the sunwell. The blue skin is closer to their dark troll ancestors who were completely natural.
    But it is still a change. You cannot be arguing against all evidence that a Void elf is identical to a High/Blood Elf? They were Blood Elves like Undead were Human.

They are now transformed.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-12-07 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    But it is still a change. You cannot be arguing against all evidence that a Void is identical to a High/Blood Elf? They were Blood Elves like Undead were Human.

They are now transformed.
    Never said they were identical, even the high elves and blood elves aren't identical. I just said they are the same race.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

The high/blood elves pale skin was already an abnormally from their exposure to the sunwell. The blue skin is closer to their dark troll ancestors who were completely natural.
    According to the Troll Compendium Dark Trolls had gray to black skin. Perhaps Void Elves are regressing

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Technically speaking, nearly all the playable races of the Warcraft universe are mutations.

Trolls - likely evolved, mutated elementals.
    Elves - mutated Trolls due to the Well of Eternity.
    Humans - mutated Vrykul due to the Curse of Flesh.
    Dwarves - mutated Earthen due to the Curse of Flesh.
    Gnomes - mutated Mechagnomes due to the Curse of Flesh.
    Worgen - cursed Humans.
    Pandaren - likely the mutant offspring of a Wild God effected by the waters of the Vale of Eternity.
    Forsaken - undead Humans.
    Orcs - evolved/mutated elementals from the lineage of Grond.

Only the Draenei and the Tauren are essentially "natural" beings. The Draenei's mutated cousin being the majority demonic Eredar, and the Tauren being the descendants of the Yaungol (who may or may not be the offspring of a Wild God).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post

Only the Draenei and the Tauren are essentially "natural" beings. The Draenei's mutated cousin being the majority demonic Eredar, and the Tauren being the descendants of the Yaungol (who may or may not be the offspring of a Wild God).
    The tauren mutated due to the well of eternity.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    snip
    yeah keep telling yourself that , you guys are delusional, not even a public interview can't change your minds nothing will LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The tauren mutated due to the well of eternity.
    I couldn't find anything that verified that - only that they were descended from the Yaungol, and that the Yangol may be the brood of an unknown Wild God.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Never said they were identical, even the high elves and blood elves aren't identical. I just said they are the same race.
    Well I am saying High Elves and Blood Elves are virtually identical, but Void Elves are very different.

Remember, the reason we are having this debate is that some think if they can prove a blood elf is as different from a High Elf as a Void Elf clearly is, then it opens the path for High Elves.

I couldn't find anything that verified that - only that they were descended from the Yaungol, and that the Yangol may be the brood of an unknown Wild God.
    It is in chronicle vol 1 page 90.

Over the passing generations, the energies emanating from the Well of Eternity and keeper wrought machinery changed the yaungol in unique ways. Those near the vale would keep the name "yaungol", though they grew more warlike than their cousins. Those in central Kalimdor, close to the Well of Eternity, would take the name "tauren".
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-12-07 at 07:33 PM.

In the same way the Undead are former Humans who have been transformed by their curse, Void Elves are former Blood Elves who have been transformed by their actions.

They have evolved somewhat, not to a superior form but a different one, and made themselves different by their choice.
    My point was(like yourself wrote) that they are Blood Elves, even if its former. Any change does not change that.

There are three different types of High Elves now. High Elves, Blood Elves and Void Elves. Only the colored flavors are playable. Strawberry and Blueberry. I guess that makes Vereesa, Alleria and their people Vanilla.

Wich again means your signature is incorrect. You can now also be High Elf on Alliance. Just another flavor. Blueberry.
    Last edited by Doffen; 2017-12-07 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    The point is(like yourself wrote) that they are Blood Elves, even if its former. Any change does not change that.

Do the undead transform from human by choice?(I got no idea)

There are three different types of High Elves now. High Elves, Blood Elves and Void Elves. Only the colored flavors are playable. Strawberry and Blueberry. I guess that makes Vereesa, Alleria and their people Vanilla.

Wich again means your signature is incorrect. You can now also be High Elf on Alliance. Just another flavor. Blueberry.
    By far the closest playable race to the High Elf ideal is the Blood Elf.

The silver covenant are not the ideal. They are exiled, retrogressive traitors storywise.

A Void Elf is much farther from the ideal.

My signature is fine. Just ask those people spamming the US forums looking for High Elves.

Technically speaking, nearly all the playable races of the Warcraft universe are mutations.

Trolls - likely evolved, mutated elementals.
    Elves - mutated Trolls due to the Well of Eternity.
    Humans - mutated Vrykul due to the Curse of Flesh.
    Dwarves - mutated Earthen due to the Curse of Flesh.
    Gnomes - mutated Mechagnomes due to the Curse of Flesh.
    Worgen - cursed Humans.
    Pandaren - likely the mutant offspring of a Wild God effected by the waters of the Vale of Eternity.
    Forsaken - undead Humans.
    Orcs - evolved/mutated elementals from the lineage of Grond.

I wonder what the origin of vulpera will be, especially with the speculation that they'll become the goblin allied race. Would be cool if they were an offshoot of goblins transformed by a fox loa or something.

It's in a chapter in Chronicle part 1. The original Yaungol started off in central Kalimdor being friends with Cenarius. Later they migrated south, were captured by the Mogu who transformed them into stronger and smarter Yaungol. Some of these later migrated back north. Under influence of the well of eternity and titan machinery they evolved further to their current forms. Yaungol and Taunka were influenced by both the well and titan machinery in current day pandaria and Northrend. Tauren were closest to the well so mostly influenced by that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is in chronicle vol 1 page 90.

Over the passing generations, the energies emanating from the Well of Eternity and keeper wrought machinery changed the yaungol in unique ways. Those near the vale would keep the name "yaungol", though they grew more warlike than their cousins. Those in central Kalimdor, close to the Well of Eternity, would take the name "tauren".
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfurion View Post
    It's in a chapter in Chronicle part 1. The original Yaungol started off in central Kalimdor being friends with Cenarius. Later they migrated south, were captured by the Mogu who transformed them into stronger and smarter Yaungol. Some of these later migrated back north. Under influence of the well of eternity and titan machinery they evolved further to their current forms. Yaungol and Taunka were influenced by both the well and titan machinery in current day pandaria and Northrend. Tauren were closest to the well so mostly influenced by that.
    Ah, I'm at work and don't have my copies of "Chronicle" available - good to know, so I guess we add the Tauren to the list of mutated playable races.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I wonder what the origin of vulpera will be, especially with the speculation that they'll become the goblin allied race. Would be cool if they were an offshoot of goblins transformed by a fox loa or something.
    Origin of asian mmorpg.

By far the closest playable race to the High Elf ideal is the Blood Elf.

The silver covenant are not the ideal. They are exiled, retrogressive traitors storywise.

A Void Elf is much farther from the ideal.

My signature is fine. Just ask those people spamming the US forums looking for High Elves.
    Sure it is fine, but you can tell the US High Elves spammers that they got their High Elf version now on Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Origin of asian mmorpg.
    Vulpera don't really look like something from a South Korean/Japanese MMORPG, most Asian RPGs just have humans with fox ears/tails, but these are just straight up anthropomorphic foxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Vulpera don't really look like something from a South Korean/Japanese MMORPG, most Asian RPGs just have humans with fox ears/tails, but these are just straight up anthropomorphic foxes.
    That makes it even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Sure it is fine, but you can tell the US High Elves spammers that they got their High Elf version now on Alliance.
    Well I can't due to forum restrictions but that is my position, they got close enough.

Well I can't due to forum restrictions but that is my position, they got close enough.
    Yeah, Void Elves are fine enough.