Thread: Clicker Heroes

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ...
    $30 sounded like quite a bit, but... in a reply post by the main dev over on reddit, he said the cost of making CH2 was at $2 mil, so they need to recoup the cost back somehow.
    Still torn though.

10+ Year Old Account
    New patch has hit Steam by the way. Giving it a shot to see how it feels. Seems the numbers make progression sound much slower, the forced transcendence isn't really fun, and I didn't really know what to do with my ancient souls. But I got Libertas and Siyalatas with a single Quick Ascension, so at least we're moving quickly.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-12-02 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I came back to the game when the new patch hit... Was back in Cookie Clicker within the week. I don't like these changes and tbh it makes me worried for CH2, if this is the direction they're taking.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    $30 sounded like quite a bit, but... in a reply post by the main dev over on reddit, he said the cost of making CH2 was at $2 mil, so they need to recoup the cost back somehow.
    Still torn though.
    lolwhat?
    Not spending that on an idle game EVER.

The whole reason for it's success is that it's free and easy to get into,.
    they start adding a massive pricetag,. they'll lose most if not all of their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    New patch has hit Steam by the way. Giving it a shot to see how it feels. Seems the numbers make progression sound much slower, the forced transcendence isn't really fun, and I didn't really know what to do with my ancient souls. But I got Libertas and Siyalatas with a single Quick Ascension, so at least we're moving quickly.
    While I can understand your qualms about the forced transcension, the new patch actually speeds up a ton, especially right after transcending/ascending. The new Phandoryss ensures that you have a large DPS boost even on your first run after transcending (even if you don't manage to immediately pick up say Siyalatas/Libertas or Juggernaut), and the revamped Ponyboy ensures that you'll get tons of souls even on that same first run without having to pick up Solomon (who's gone now). Then a very notable part is that leveling ancients like Atman and Kumawakamaru is much more efficient; you can quite quickly get to the point where you only have to fight 2 monsters a stage, which is a ton faster than the old hard minimum of 5 per stage.

I popped back in to try the new patch for about a week, but then quit again (which is normal for me), but during those few days my highest zone ever went from about 6k to 10k..

10+ Year Old Account
    Already (easily) broke my all time zone record, so yeah. Seems to be moving along. Kumawakamaru seems much more important now to keep things moving fast too.

I got past 30,000 HZE right before the patch, so I haven't really been playing much now that I've 100% the game (in terms of Steam achievements).. from the sounds of it, Solomon was removed so I'd think it'd be slow... but I guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems there's a stall at Wepwawet/Midas to Tsuchi. I find myself barely making any progress each ascension. Is there any trick here other than just pumping Midas, or is it a time for a likely transcendence?

Also, what are bloop coins and candy canes for?
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-12-06 at 10:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, what are bloop coins and candy canes for?
    Not sure about Boop Coins, but Candy Canes are used for free Res' they're super awesome.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    They took Solomon out??

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    They took Solomon out??
    They removed several ancients. Iris, Thusia and Khyros are gone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin-Sane View Post
    They removed several ancients. Iris, Thusia and Khyros are gone as well.
    Those three were pretty much removed looong ago (or at least for players that have 1 Transcension). Solomon was just recently removed, with the revamped Ponyboy now directly serving that purpose instead (Ponyboy greatly increases the amount of Hero Souls from primal bosses, as opposed to greatly increasing the effect of Solomon who increased the amount of Hero Souls from primal bosses). It's a buff; the new numbers result in getting more souls, and you don't have to try to pick up Solomon immediately after a transcension.

Ah. wasn't aware of when they were removed, I just got back playing recently and noticed those were gone in addition to Soloman, they were all there last time I played. The whole primal ancients and transcend mechanic is new to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bubos' wording now confuses. I assume it still reduces boss's health, but by how much is unclear.

Bubos' wording now confuses. I assume it still reduces boss's health, but by how much is unclear.
    Boss health is now calculated as a multiplier of normal monsters' health. I think 10x to start with and increases by 0.4 with every 500 floors, so say a lv 1700 boss has 11.2x a normal enemy's health, or something like that. So if your Bubos says -2.00 monsters worth of health, then that boss would effectively have 9.2x the health of a lv 1700 normal enemy.

I'm confused by the auto tappers. I'm playing on Android, and I have 3 auto tappers. I've noticed that when I have the game in the background for an amount of time, the auto tapper gets turned off. I've heard some people mention that they don't work in the background, so I get that. But then I've read other people say that they use an auto tapper to click the "upgrade" button on a hero, so that he is leveled up automatically when you earn enough money. But that doesn't work for me, because once the app goes into the background, the tapper is canceled

Also I don't get the auto progression stuff. There have been many times when I would leave the app in progression mode, and it would just keep going as long as it could. But then other times, I'd come back to the game, and progression mode will be turned off, and I will be behind 1 level than I should. I know that's how it works if you are in progression mode and don't kill the boss in time, but that's not what happens. I'll come back to the game and be on, say, Level 1043, with level 1044 open, but for some reason, it backed off that level. Is that a bug, or am I missing something about how this works?

Gah, odd discovery here.

So I have been murdering my way through the GTA series over the last couple of months and GTA 4+5 were running like absolute shit. 5 has such bad texture pop in the game was almost unplayable, the in game "internet" was returning 404 messages lol, nice touch. What does this have to do with clicker heroes? Also seeming unrelated my powerline ethernet adapters just caught fire so I am on wifi.

So anyway I start to see what is up with this nonsense and find that chrome and the stupid system program that wants to share your wifi internet over lan are using 50%+ of my CPU cycles. Clicker heroes was the worst at about 30%. After ditching CH and disabling my LAN port everything is golden. I am guessing because it was running in a browser window it also was very high priority, the LAN thing did not help either. I suspect the steam version of this will probably not be so intrusive because of the priorities but I don't care to try as I think I am done lol.

Just a heads up for anyone that is still playing. I am guessing this is an issue that will creep up on you as you get into the big numbers.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Gah, odd discovery here.

So I have been murdering my way through the GTA series over the last couple of months and GTA 4+5 were running like absolute shit. 5 has such bad texture pop in the game was almost unplayable, the in game "internet" was returning 404 messages lol, nice touch. What does this have to do with clicker heroes? Also seeming unrelated my powerline ethernet adapters just caught fire so I am on wifi.

So anyway I start to see what is up with this nonsense and find that chrome and the stupid system program that wants to share your wifi internet over lan are using 50%+ of my CPU cycles. Clicker heroes was the worst at about 30%. After ditching CH and disabling my LAN port everything is golden. I am guessing because it was running in a browser window it also was very high priority, the LAN thing did not help either. I suspect the steam version of this will probably not be so intrusive because of the priorities but I don't care to try as I think I am done lol.

Just a heads up for anyone that is still playing. I am guessing this is an issue that will creep up on you as you get into the big numbers.
    yeah use to play this game, but it kept crashing chrome/firefox. After awhile it seem to straight up lag me when ever I was on wow or playing dota 2.