Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    The Asians just killed Coven, so probably Aggramar stream inc.
    Did he just end the stream or am i at the wrong one?

Quote Originally Posted by Katniss68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    (i'm just lurking in this thread but figured I'd chime in)

I run a design/engineering department at a prototyping company. I've been here almost 7 years and I only get 10days paid vacation a year. Most people I know get between 5 and 10 days. some get none. Those are people in the design/engineering world. not low level workers.

Either you work in the most shit corporate environment or your're a liar. Engineers who are only going to accept 5 paid vacation days a year, after 7 years of service? Riiight, OK, Jan...
    He said he gets 10 days after having been there seven years, which is a little light, but not crazy. I've worked several places (I am an automotive engineer) where you get 1-2 weeks at the start, and have to go to 5 or 10 years to get an extra week. But the pay is good and we get personal time as well, just like he mentioned. Honestly, most years I couldn't take off more than a week or two if I wanted to, due to deadlines and program launches.

All that being said with the caveat that every job market is different, and within every job market every company can vary. Now can we stop with this? Most if not all the world first raiders aren't leaving corporate jobs to raid anyways. Sco is the only one I'm aware of that had an office job, and he quit that years ago.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by m2k View Post
    Did he just end the stream or am i at the wrong one?
    Yeah, I have no idea what's going on, everyone except the tank logged off. Maybe they are calling it for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    Now can we stop with this?
    I'd be all for this because the topic brings out the full retard in people, but we need SOMETHING to fill this thread up before the inevitable Argus kill! May as well be the usual "US cant get WF cuz they work 25hrs/ 367 days a yr" meme.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am REALLY curious to know what is happening with Aggramar that is stopping LiMiT, but didn't stop Method/Exorsus. It can't possibly be the difference in the amount split runs or gear luck (gear shouldn't be what fixes it at their level).
    "When you build it, you love it!"

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katniss68 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    (i'm just lurking in this thread but figured I'd chime in)

I run a design/engineering department at a prototyping company. I've been here almost 7 years and I only get 10days paid vacation a year. Most people I know get between 5 and 10 days. some get none. Those are people in the design/engineering world. not low level workers.

Either you work in the most shit corporate environment or your're a liar. Engineers who are only going to accept 5 paid vacation days a year, after 7 years of service? Riiight, OK, Jan...
    Why are you guys talking about your vacation time in a progression thread. So pointless. No wonder these threads fill up so quickly.

Has method won the "race" yet

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Why are you guys talking about your vacation time in a progression thread. So pointless. No wonder these threads fill up so quickly.
    This always happens. Matter of fact, it's been pretty tame this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Has method won the "race" yet
    Because EU playtime vs US playtime is a hot topic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I am REALLY curious to know what is happening with Aggramar that is stopping LiMiT, but didn't stop Method/Exorsus. It can't possibly be the difference in the amount split runs or gear luck (gear shouldn't be what fixes it at their level).
    The amount of skill I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Asian guild killed Coven.
    Any stream link ? Can't find it on Twitch for some reason.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    Because EU playtime vs US playtime is a hot topic
    every kind of competition needs to turn into a nation/continent fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Except the NFL, apparently.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

He said he gets 10 days after having been there seven years, which is a little light, but not crazy. I've worked several places (I am an automotive engineer) where you get 1-2 weeks at the start, and have to go to 5 or 10 years to get an extra week. But the pay is good and we get personal time as well, just like he mentioned. Honestly, most years I couldn't take off more than a week or two if I wanted to, due to deadlines and program launches.

All that being said with the caveat that every job market is different, and within every job market every company can vary. Now can we stop with this? Most if not all the world first raiders aren't leaving corporate jobs to raid anyways. Sco is the only one I'm aware of that had an office job, and he quit that years ago.
    yup you get it. most of my larger and regular clients are automotive suppliers. I also have a ton of friends that are designers/engineers up in detroit (i went to school for car design). most of the time i cant take time off due to running a part of a company.

I think it is relevant to bring up the time availability of the aging wow player base. If i were in a worlds first raiding guild, i would technically have enough vacation to do it, BUT my wife would be furious. no wife or kids or job responsibility? less of an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

i dont think its so much about that (well to some people of course). I wish i got more time off. I'm pretty jealous of europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Yeah, I have no idea what's going on, everyone except the tank logged off. Maybe they are calling it for today.
    It is 3am over there
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Xinkir View Post
    Asian guild killed Coven.
    What was the stream link?

EU clings to any time they beat the US in any sort of competition because the US decimates in almost any other competitive area outside futbol and Tennis (and that is just a more balanced field for some reason). And instead of the "US can't world first cause of work" cop out, we get the "our population isn't as great" cop out. Always annoying either way.

Lets hurry up these Asian guilds I want to see some Argus streams.

3am didn't stop Alpha last tier. I remember checking in when it was like 5am over there, and there they were smashing their face against Avatar. IIRC their Avatar kill came at some ungodly morning hour, like 6AM or something their time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    oh look jdance is arguing against the benefit of PTR testing again
    Seramore you are a cutie patootie dude I love you so much

Call centers also pay roughly half, if that, of what a design/engineering company will, and it's a lot easier to replace someone if they're out of the office at a call center.

Saying the company sounds like garbage when it's pretty much industry standard for any decent-level job says a lot about you.
    this call center pay ranged anywhere from 50k/yr -120k/yr . Your 10 days a year is standard for call centers. The standard for a decent-level job is way more because you are harder to replace. So yes your company is garbage and probably doesn't attract top talent with vacation time like that. I have a friend whose mother is a pension consultant for charles scwab and she got a one month sabbatical after working there for 5 years. All their employees get it from the janitor to the executives.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic316 View Post
    this call center pay ranged anywhere from 50k/yr -120k/yr . Your 10 days a year is standard for call centers. The standard for a decent-level job is way more because you are harder to replace. So yes your company is garbage and probably doesn't attract top talent with vacation time like that. I have a friend whose mother is a pension consultant for charles scwab and she got a one month sabbatical after working there for 5 years. All their employees get it from the janitor to the executives.
    "I have a friend whose mother"

So you have no practical experience in the job market yourself, I see. Please come back and tell me all about your weeks and weeks of paid vacation and amazing salary when you do so I can apply and leave my "garbage" company.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!