Eye of F'harg/Shatug

Anyone have any idea how the Eye of F'harg/Shatug stacks up for us in terms of tanking trinkets?

Is it comparable to something like a 900 Immo Deck when you consider the Armor gain on Deck is variable?

Just got it tonight on Heroic (945) so I'm trying to decide if it's a keeper or yet another trinket that will gather dust thanks to Deck + Arcanocrystal combo.

I don't have the Immo deck so I can't give you a comparison of that, but I do have the Eye and I actually like it. Simply i like the option to have more health if need be or more dps if working on farm content. Currently use the eye with the pantheon trink, though I will drop one if I get the leggo from argus. Also have Archi's if I want an absorb, but only using that for bosses that I need another CD for, which is rare.

Quote Originally Posted by supertigerlamp View Post
    Anyone have any idea how the Eye of F'harg/Shatug stacks up for us in terms of tanking trinkets?

Is it comparable to something like a 900 Immo Deck when you consider the Armor gain on Deck is variable?

Just got it tonight on Heroic (945) so I'm trying to decide if it's a keeper or yet another trinket that will gather dust thanks to Deck + Arcanocrystal combo.
    Lucky you. I've used 12 coins on hounds trying to get that trinket. So far no luck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Lucky you. I've used 12 coins on hounds trying to get that trinket. So far no luck.
    12 coins in 8 days since Antorus opened? whoa.
    or was this after all trinkets got buffed?

either way if someone is going this far for a tanking trinket then it must be good.
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    12 coins in 8 days since Antorus opened? whoa.
    or was this after all trinkets got buffed?

either way if someone is going this far for a tanking trinket then it must be good.

Well, it looks good (tanking wise), not to mention I still use DMC: immortality (900 ilvl) while every other piece of gear I have is over 935..

What's more interesting is how good would this trinket AND dmc are for defensive purposes (at least until I'll get amanthul). Well, got 3 more tries this week. Fun Byers crossed.

Deleted
    As long as your Co-tank isnt wearing the Counterpart so your armor gets buffed further, a 945 Eye provides less mitigation than a 900 DMI.

If a fight allows to fully utilize the eyes on both tanks (switching trinkets with taunt swap) it might be better. For General purpose the Coven trinket or Apocalypse drive should be better.

Looks like this will be a must have for proper raid tanking, but only of both tanks have them equipped to activate the secondary bonuses.

having your off tank wear a giant stam stick that he doesn't need so the other tank can get some armor sounds like great min/max

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    having your off tank wear a giant stam stick that he doesn't need so the other tank can get some armor sounds like great min/max
    Well actually you can just swap with tank swaps. One tank isn't locked into a single version in combat, that's what makes the trinket interesting. You can swap benefits on tank swapping, you can also swap to stam/vers for taking a big magic hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well actually you can just swap with tank swaps. One tank isn't locked into a single version in combat, that's what makes the trinket interesting. You can swap benefits on tank swapping, you can also swap to stam/vers for taking a big magic hit.
    I'm aware of that. It's cute that you can swap a trinket mid fight to go between magic and armor mitigation, but for the most part the stam is just wasted because most people really don't need that hp buffer, so they will either opt for pure mitigation trinkets or offensive options.

Btw does anyone know what's the range on this trinkets? What does "nearby" mean in this case?

15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on when you get this. If you get it as soon as you step foot in Heroic ABT, it's extremely valuable. If you get it after you've already collected like 8 pieces of other wearable loot on your way out to Mythic, then yeah, it's probably not gonna do much for you.

I lose some haste equipping it, but it's a decent trade off for now.

One of the most pointless gimmiks I've encountered in the game to this day, I would probably not bother with it and just use a good trinket from the get-go if I had the option to do so. Given how our tanks haven't seen one on any difficulty in what amounts to5-7 lock outs by now I also don't think they would use it once they have a pair each.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-12-15 at 06:11 AM.

Deleted
    I'm really thinking about a fight where you would ever want to switch. I just got a 980 one from our second M Hounds kill and it is just a giant amount of strength, but still less armor than DmD:I on average. The only fight with 30 sec tank swaps I can think of would be Portal Keeper so far, and the damage of the tank debuff there is physical so no reason to swap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming you need to use a Pantheon trinket for your raid, you only have one trinket slot. Since Apocalypse Drive is SUPER busted (holy fuck that trinket is strong), you really don't have a slot on both tanks for F'harg and Shatug, especially since you'd probably use DMC:I for anything you don't use Apocalypse Drive for, and sometimes one of the tanks would want to use another trinket (an on-use, a really well titanforged M+ trinket, etc.).

It's a great idea for a trinket, but unfortunately we only have 2 trinket slots.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only boss thus far that's hit hard at all is Imonar, and that's mostly because on the second and third platform we have a giant bleed on us (ignoring armor) from popping bombs purposely. Maybe this changes later, as I've only pulled 7 bosses. Tank damage doesn't seem that gnarly though to where I think I'd need to wear something with bonus armor. I'll generally just wear one of the pantheon trinkets (not sure if the DPS one is neutered for blood, I assume it probably is because that's a trend this expansion).

Apocalypse drive is a very good trinket though, and Aggramar's trinket is stupid in M+ if you do some giant pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Only boss thus far that's hit hard at all is Imonar, and that's mostly because on the second and third platform we have a giant bleed on us (ignoring armor) from popping bombs purposely. Maybe this changes later, as I've only pulled 7 bosses. Tank damage doesn't seem that gnarly though to where I think I'd need to wear something with bonus armor. I'll generally just wear one of the pantheon trinkets (not sure if the DPS one is neutered for blood, I assume it probably is because that's a trend this expansion).

Apocalypse drive is a very good trinket though, and Aggramar's trinket is stupid in M+ if you do some giant pulls.
    I'm 90% sure the bleed doesn't actually ignore armor, same as Harjatan's bleed (although you're right that bleeds usually do ignore armor).
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts