Thread: The Division

Has anyone played the horde mode or tried the improvements to underground yet?

I only managed to get in and do a bit of boss-killing on Tuesday as I'm trying to finish the Destiny DLC first, but curious as to how those two things are faring so far. Planning on dumping more time into the game this weekend to try them out for myself, but want to set expectations before going in so I'm hopefully not over/underwhelmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Has anyone played the horde mode or tried the improvements to underground yet?

I only managed to get in and do a bit of boss-killing on Tuesday as I'm trying to finish the Destiny DLC first, but curious as to how those two things are faring so far. Planning on dumping more time into the game this weekend to try them out for myself, but want to set expectations before going in so I'm hopefully not over/underwhelmed.
    I have enjoyed The Underground changes thus far. It is certainly much easier than it used to be... I used to not even attempt soloing challenging three phase five directive missions because all of the directives on actually made it incredibly difficult and if you died it was over.

But the new directives, while still occasionally offering some challenge, are much easier to deal with and even offer some advantages... That coupled with there being checkpoints now, it is way easier. Also way more rewarding since they updated the loot table, can get classified gear and exotics in there.

Haven't tried resistance yet.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-12-07 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I have enjoyed The Underground changes thus far. It is certainly much easier than it used to be... I used to not even attempt soloing challenging three phase five directive missions because all of the directives on actually made it incredibly difficult and if you died it was over.

But the new directives, while still occasionally offering some challenge, are much easier to deal with and even offer some advantages... That coupled with there being checkpoints now, it is way easier. Also way more rewarding since they updated the loot table, can get classified gear and exotics in there.

Haven't tried resistance yet.
    Is getting pug groups easier than it used to be? I got bored soloing and the group finder was always such a massive pain in the ass -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Is getting pug groups easier than it used to be? I got bored soloing and the group finder was always such a massive pain in the ass -_-
    Can't comment on that, I never play with group.

There was a login queue when I tried to log in once, so there are certainly more people playing now than in recent months.

Can't comment on that, I never play with group.

There was a login queue when I tried to log in once, so there are certainly more people playing now than in recent months.
    Yeah, big patch + sale + free weekend should drive some attention back, especially with the luckwarm reception to the Destiny DLC.

I started playing a bit again recently and I still quite enjoy the core gameplay, just been waiting for new stuff to actually do, which this patch has delivered. Definitely planning on dumping a bunch of time into it in the coming weeks and can't say I'd be sad if this ended up replacing Destiny as my "primary" game atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, big patch + sale + free weekend should drive some attention back, especially with the luckwarm reception to the Destiny DLC.

I started playing a bit again recently and I still quite enjoy the core gameplay, just been waiting for new stuff to actually do, which this patch has delivered. Definitely planning on dumping a bunch of time into it in the coming weeks and can't say I'd be sad if this ended up replacing Destiny as my "primary" game atm.
    Yea I really want to play aswell (or should state me and a friend), but we are also still having fun with D2 and the new heroic adventures and strikes..... choices choices....

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Has the marksman rifle ever not been king? I started from scratch a while back and while smgs dont feel as good as they used to a marksman rifle is a monster in nearly any situation.
    Yes and no. A lot depends on how steady your hand is on the mouse or controller. I personally think that the AR is still the best all around weapon(although that might change with some of the new 6-piece sets). I'm especially interested in trying the new D3-FNC out, since you can get an SMG with crit while using it now. Stack up some heal on crit mods and I think you could be kind of unstoppable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    Never understood people not carrying a sniper rifle in any content.
    I went dual AR for awhile with Alphabridge, and for most of my daily missions I have a backup SMG or LMG that almost never gets used. Honestly, I just don't find sniping to be all that enjoyable, and much prefer the run and gun playstyle.

But I've seen some videos of people using a sniper rifle and quickscoping to headshot everything in a fraction of a second. I'm just not that much of a superhero to play like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    gonna post this here as well as posting on official technical support forums

dpc_watchdog_violation BSOD

this started happening recently, but already before 1.8 release. i wanted to play a few days prior to 1.8 launch.
    im just unable to play the game because it occurs everytime i choose to select a character and try to get into the world, then BSOD kills my PC.

it never ever happened to me before, on this or previous PC. it just doesnt happen to any other game currently, just the division.

i5 6600 3.3ghz
    16gb ram
    geforce 1070 (drivers always up to date, just dowloaded the newest one)

its a shame i cant play now when 1.8 hit
    help me solve this big deal issue

thanks in advance
    Turn all graphics settings to minimum. Reinstall latest graphics drivers. Turn off any and all anti-virus. Maybe try a clean install of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    For those who look for those crazy overpowered loadouts, How is Alphabridge + Dual Assault Rifle these days? Last time I played, it was crazy powerful.
    I haven't gotten it yet, but AB got kicked in the balls back in 1.5(or 1.6? I can't remember). The weapons only share a single trait now instead of all traits. You can still do some interesting things with it, but I didn't like it nearly as much as Predator's Mark or Striker for DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    For those who look for those crazy overpowered loadouts, How is Alphabridge + Dual Assault Rifle these days? Last time I played, it was crazy powerful.
    Alphabridge with classified pieces is actually one of it not the strongest solo builds currently.

The six set bonus makes it so every time you kill an elite enemy you activate one of the ultimate skills, with them rotating every few seconds on which one is up...

It is very very strong.

The default four set is meh, the extra talents are nice, but nothing crazy. I personally prefer having an alternate weapon. If you have some god roll weapons and god roll set pieces then it is probably still pretty good though.

---

Alphabridge was so good back then mostly because the other sets were pretty bad... The new exotic items open up other options.

Skull MC Gloves (16% increased damage if no set items are equipped) make it so an all high end build can get some pretty decent damage/survivability, since you get that 16% increased damage plus all the passives from the various high ends, making it compete if not outpace most 4 sets.

There is also the Ninjabike Messenger Bag. It counts as a set wildcard item. So you can equip three pieces of one set and two pieces of another to have both a 4 piece set and a 3 piece set at the same time.

ok so question, specifically for ps4 players, but maybe others might have a solution as well. I've been having some double vision issues with Division. upon doing some research I saw that there was a double UI bug that was supposed to have been fixed 2 years ago. except... I still have it. there is a almost like super imposed shadow of an image just slightly to the side of the main image, not just UI either, everything. I messed with visual settings. its still there. and it looks disturbing and tiresome to play with

any suggestions how to fix it? (last resort, i could try to delete and reinstall the game, but that's last resort) oh and I have a game on physical disk, in case that makes any difference.

There is also the Ninjabike Messenger Bag. It counts as a set wildcard item. So you can equip three pieces of one set and two pieces of another to have both a 4 piece set and a 3 piece set at the same time.
    What?!? They actually made ninjabike worth a damn?? Took em long enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    any suggestions how to fix it? (last resort, i could try to delete and reinstall the game, but that's last resort) oh and I have a game on physical disk, in case that makes any difference.
    Play on PC is my only suggestion. Playing shooters on console is a terrible idea to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alphabridge with classified pieces is actually one of it not the strongest solo builds currently.

The six set bonus makes it so every time you kill an elite enemy you activate one of the ultimate skills, with them rotating every few seconds on which one is up...

It is very very strong.

The default four set is meh, the extra talents are nice, but nothing crazy. I personally prefer having an alternate weapon. If you have some god roll weapons and god roll set pieces then it is probably still pretty good though.

---

Alphabridge was so good back then mostly because the other sets were pretty bad... The new exotic items open up other options.

Skull MC Gloves (16% increased damage if no set items are equipped) make it so an all high end build can get some pretty decent damage/survivability, since you get that 16% increased damage plus all the passives from the various high ends, making it compete if not outpace most 4 sets.

I have the Alpha bridge set with Barrett’s bulletproof vest and I forget the name of the backpack, but it is yellow. And weapon wise, A Lightweight M4 and Bullfrog (Famas) I'd have to load up the game to look into my talents and mods. I got this set up before Classified items were available, so it has been a very long time since i've updated my setup.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    What?!? They actually made ninjabike worth a damn?? Took em long enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Play on PC is my only suggestion. Playing shooters on console is a terrible idea to begin with.
    wanna buy me a copy? :P jokes aside even with it being on sale right now, I would really rather not spend another $20+ (base game+underground) on a game I already own and paid full price for and that will not have much replayability value for me. its the principle of a thing :P so.. gotta figure out how to fix visuals on existing copy.

that said, from trying out various weapons, it seems like assault rifle is the only one I genuinely feel comfortable and effective with. just how long does alphabridge take to farm? you know once I get to that point? and is it needed to check out the underground? (and I swear it feels like they bumped up xp rewards for side and main missions because I genuinely do not remember gaining levels that fast with that few missions before).

10+ Year Old Account
    So I installed and played the game last night. Didnt realize they had green sets like in Diablo 3.

I'm seriously thinking about buying the season pass. I need something to play until Destiny 2 gets more content.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I'm seriously thinking about buying the season pass.
    The only things you gain are survival (seperated mode) and the underground dungeon generator, nothing else. Only pick it if you get it for a few bucks.
    I've only spend about 5% of my total division time in the dlc parts, because they get boring after a few runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanden View Post
    The only things you gain are survival (seperated mode) and the underground dungeon generator, nothing else. Only pick it if you get it for a few bucks.
    I've only spend about 5% of my total division time in the dlc parts, because they get boring after a few runs.
    Then that sounds like DLC done right IMHO. Granted Ive only started playing again, and for like 3 hours tops. But those three hours were pretty damn fun, I didnt even have any of my friends online, completely solo.

What should I be doing to get my gear score up? I hit 185 last night and was able to put the map in tier 2 mode. Not sure what that did though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hit 185 last night and was able to put the map in tier 2 mode. Not sure what that did though.
    All the bad guys in the world are now higher level and a bit more challenging and the gear drops are higher item level.

I think at 185 you should be able to set it to tier 3 which would make it bit harder but also give better gear rewards. Tiers go to 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    All the bad guys in the world are now higher level and a bit more challenging and the gear drops are higher item level.

I think at 185 you should be able to set it to tier 3 which would make it bit harder but also give better gear rewards. Tiers go to 5.
    Ohh nice, so its like torment levels in D3. Im noticing a lot of Diablo game systems being added to this game. I think its pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that said, from trying out various weapons, it seems like assault rifle is the only one I genuinely feel comfortable and effective with. just how long does alphabridge take to farm? you know once I get to that point? and is it needed to check out the underground? (and I swear it feels like they bumped up xp rewards for side and main missions because I genuinely do not remember gaining levels that fast with that few missions before).
    There's no real way to target a specific set that I'm aware of. Sometimes they sell set pieces in the shops downstairs in the base, though, for phoenix credits. Um...not sure what Alphabridge has to do with Underground(DLC content). It's a 4/6 piece set bonus. It doesn't unlock any content.

As for weapons, I also prefer the ARs. You can gear for stability and recoil control and really put a lot of bullets into a target very easily. I haven't tried the new weapon balance at the level cap yet, since I'm also leveling a new character to get me re-acquainted with the game. I guess ARs got nerfed a little on their fire rate, but I haven't noticed it yet.

Some people swear by sniper rifles, or SMGs, or LMGs. I keep an LMG for big fat targets out of cover(which are the most annoying enemies IMO). But really I place all my worship at the altar of Armor damage since it seems to be king in PVE still. Other experts might chime in on this. But I think it's mostly a matter of playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

What should I be doing to get my gear score up? I hit 185 last night and was able to put the map in tier 2 mode. Not sure what that did though.
    Farm missions on hard in your current world tier until your gear score goes up high enough to join the next world tier. Keep doing that til you run out of world tiers(Tier 5?), then start dumping Division Tech into optimizing your gear.

Or just keep farming hard/challenging missions for more loot. Maybe roam the DZ for a bit and get some stuff out of there. You could also run some PVP. I'm not a fan, but I think it can drop 256 stuff? Someone who gives two rat turds about PVP can answer that.

What should I be doing to get my gear score up?
    Wear anything with higher gearscore till you get access to world tier 5 then start farming gear you actually want to use.
    First thing to do should be daily/weekly "milestones" (2 hard missions, 1 challenge mode, survival two times for weekly, random stuff for weekly). The weekly loot crates give each a exotic equipment piece.

If you have someone to play with HVT are the way to go. Require intel.
    If not do all the open world bosses, they are easy as hell and drop 2 high end or even set items. They respawn every 4 hours. Google for spawn map.
    Otherwise Hard/Challenge Mode Missions.
    Intel farming is never a bad idea (open world loot + 1 high end as reward + intel for HVT).
    Underground is the "sick of everything else" option. Loot may be better now, before 1.8 wasnt really worth it loot wise.
    Survival has a higher income of high end weapons, but you need to finish it to make it worth the time.

If you can manage alone or find a group to do legendary missions, you get an exotic first time of clearing each week.
    All in all you can get 5 guranteed exotic caches each week (3 legendary mission + 2 weekly caches).

10+ Year Old Account
    So I installed and played the game last night. Didnt realize they had green sets like in Diablo 3.

I'm seriously thinking about buying the season pass. I need something to play until Destiny 2 gets more content.
    I would suggest you just get The Underground if you go that route. The final DLC is an exclusively PvP mode and Survival is, IMO, not really worth.

The Underground is definitely worth though, especially with the 1.8 changes. I think its only like $7 on Uplay right now.