Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The majority of people I see screaming for changes, updates and QOL things to be added to the game are the same people who fought to get Vanilla in the first place. Saying it will be retail player who may have never played vanilla are the ones asking for changes is wrong. The changes are being asked for by both sides and honestly they should just stop right now let them implement Vanilla as it was and let everyone play a true vanilla and then they can decide love or hate it. All this fighting over updates or what patch to start on is a waste of time considering absolutely no one knows what they have decided and when it comes as a complaint or rant no one will listen anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    The majority of people I see screaming for changes, updates and QOL things to be added to the game are the same people who fought to get Vanilla in the first place.....

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    HA HA HA! If you had played vanilla... you would know there was no "rushing to 60"... the "outdated raids" would still need attunements, gear, and resist sets, but the sitting and complaining... you apparently are practicing that now.

When Classic servers open up I will take a few days off and play until I fall asleep, a huge grin on my face. I'll join a casual guild, level my professions, work on attunements, raid when I can, and stay subbed the entire time.

That's already tons more than I did for WoD and Legion... and at least I will feel like I am getting my money's worth.
    I did play Vanilla.

I'm not saying people rushed to 60 then. It was all new. But NOW people will rush to 60, and slam through the raids which - yes - are outdated. Boss mechanics, design, and such... not to mention the fact that many of those who did it 13 years ago will be playing and will already know it and have done it hundreds of times. The 'newness' (oldness?) of Classic is not going to last long.

I loved Vanilla. Attunements are something I wish they would bring back more often. I didn't raid until TBC but I fondly remember earning my Kara attunement as a huge achievement.

I'm not looking 'forward' to Classic servers though - if for no other reason than I believe the already cancerous playerbase will be further deepened into constant bitching and complaining.

Hence my post.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    I'm not looking 'forward' to Classic servers though - if for no other reason than I believe the already cancerous playerbase will be further deepened into constant bitching and complaining.
    I am hopeful the fact that you are held accountable on servers for your treatment of others and your skill, that it will weed out much of that nassssssty attitude that plagues retail now.

Not sure why everyone is arguing. It can be stated that both retail and private server players have asked for changes as well as for keeping it the same. I truely love the fact that the people who have exclusively played on a PS are trying to pin everything on to the people still playing the game.
    As I've stated before, even Nost wasn't true vanilla and had some things streamlined and class balancing to an extent. I see people talk about how they "rush" to 60. How long does that take? A few days? A week? Or is it closer to vanilla where it took a lot of casuals weeks to even a month? Can you hit level cap on a PS thru quests? Well, guess what, that's not vanilla then.
    I can't wait to see the community. People spamming general and trade chat "LF5M for MC," and then talk about what a close tight knit community you have. That's not a community, it's a flea market. "Oh no, I'm blacklisted, what shall I do? Oh, I know, I'll go with this other group who doesn't give a rats ass!" That's the other thing. Going by Blizzards current standing and even accounting for the influx of players, I doubt Blizz is going to dedicate more than a few servers. It's not like when the game launched there will be 10+ for each type (PVP/PVP/RP), and will more likely have 1-2 for each. With so many massive amounts of people (that PS players say will play again) do you really think blacklisting will do much?
    Honestly, I hope it succeeds. I really do, as it will give Blizzard more capital to put into retail (and possible future IPs) further down the road. I can't wait for people who want to live in the past to support me going into the future.
    Will I play Classic servers? I might check it out if certain things happen, such as items no longer available come back and can be xmog@d into retail, or they make titles you earn on Classic able to be used on retail. That would actually be hilarious..."Nice, High Warlord, that must have been a pain!" "Nah, I just played Classic servers off and on for 2 years."
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-12-07 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    So by your reasoning, this is happening is so that Blizz can lose money?
    Oh- you're an idiot. Well that's neat.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gosh, it feels like those demanding changes just keep coming...
    Please understand that “vanilla is vanilla” for good or for bad. No changes needed. What we can discuss is what happened during original 1.x wow timeline. Everything else shouldn’t be there or it will not be vanilla.
    You want your changes- please wait for an expansion when they were implemented or go play retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    You could you know, learn to listen to these people and grow up instead of being ruled by nostalgia. Feed yourself quality content and stop living in the past. Despite how aggressive these people come across intentions are generally good. No one enjoys seeing people make dumb decisions.
    How absolutely ignorant can one be. Astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadsop View Post
    I did play Vanilla.

I'm not saying people rushed to 60 then. It was all new. But NOW people will rush to 60, and slam through the raids which - yes - are outdated. Boss mechanics, design, and such... not to mention the fact that many of those who did it 13 years ago will be playing and will already know it and have done it hundreds of times. The 'newness' (oldness?) of Classic is not going to last long.

I loved Vanilla. Attunements are something I wish they would bring back more often. I didn't raid until TBC but I fondly remember earning my Kara attunement as a huge achievement.

Hence my post.
    i love how Antorus is proving exackly this point - without stupid " 1 person fuck up kills whole raid people" and "you gotta play the frogger game spending half time runing throught shit " people are blowin through it like knife thought butter - and vanilla will be 10 times easier mechanic wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i love how Antorus is proving exackly this point - without stupid " 1 person fuck up kills whole raid people" and "you gotta play the frogger game spending half time runing throught shit " people are blowin through it like knife thought butter - and vanilla will be 10 times easier mechanic wise.
    Except in Vanilla a group of 40 people weren't vastly outgearing new content due to titanforged & previous mythic raid tier gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Except in Vanilla a group of 40 people weren't vastly outgearing new content due to titanforged & previous mythic raid tier gear.
    Such a weird comparison. So you're saying previous raid gear in vanilla didn't give you an edge and better preparedness for the next raid to release? Whenever a new raid released people had to go thru dungeons all over again? Is that the gist of it, because that's the only comparison I can make from what you just stated.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    Did you ignore the other part of what i said? Because if live is for people who are less hardcore than "the hardcore" have no right to complain about it. And while on the topic of endless grinds Legion introduced a TON of them in forms such as
    titanforge
    legendaries
    AP (which is literally impossible to get the last trait by the end of the expansion unless you do if i remember correctly 1134 mythic + 10 keys a day)
    It's meant to be impossible, not terribly unlike getting to max level in Diablo 2.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Then why am I having such a ball playing it now?
    Because you're getting it for free, along with some twisted sense of smug satisfaction for supposedly getting one over on the company you delude yourself into believing ruined the perfect flawless game that exists only in your imagination?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you trying to tell people what they feel?
    I am not. Why are you trying to tell me how I feel?

You can't blanket state that it was only "the newness of the experience" that made it amazing.
    Where did I say "only"? That's right I didn't. You're trying to twist what I am saying to suit your own narrative.

What I am trying to say is that the newness factor is a significant part of the equation, and to explain why relative to WoW today, which is subjectively a far better game, Vanilla was still a better experience (for most people). Also why a lot of the things that people who go on about Vanilla talk about as being superior gameplay elements, while back in the day worked well, wouldn't suit today's WoW (eg it was awesome to spend 6 months levelling your first character because it was a new experience. Doing it a second/third/tenth/twentieth time, it becomes tedious - for most people).

The only people for whom Classic will ever be able to offer the same experience will be those who have never played before, or managed to forget the entire experience through a blow to the head (or simply lack any capacity to remember things from that long ago) - Again, where do you get off telling people how to feel or remember. Stop making blanket statements with no validity. You know what, I like playing on my PServer EVEN MORE than I did back then. How does that fit into your narrative?
    Again, I am not telling people how to feel or remember. I am explaining what drives those feelings. It's great that you enjoy playing on your PServer EVEN MORE than you did back then. That proves my point: It isn't the same experience. For you the experience may be better, I even acknowledged that if you'd bothered to read instead of just cherry picking.

What's tiresome and annoying is jerks like you, coming onto a forum ESPECIALLY FOR CLASSIC WOW and telling people how they won't like it, it's only nostalgia etc etc.
    Except I never said any of that. Which makes you the jerk for trying to put words into my mouth.

If you have no valid points to make or no relevant experience in the matter, kindly do one.
    If you cannot see the validity in what I am saying that is your failure. You seem to have completely misconstrued my actual message, probably because you've assumed you know what I am saying before you skimmed through what I wrote with the intention of putting me in my place.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2017-12-08 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    Gosh, it feels like those demanding changes just keep coming...
    Please understand that “vanilla is vanilla” for good or for bad. No changes needed. What we can discuss is what happened during original 1.x wow timeline. Everything else shouldn’t be there or it will not be vanilla.
    You want your changes- please wait for an expansion when they were implemented or go play retail.
    Yeah but it's classic not vanilla (and I really have no dog in this fight either way)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then why am I having such a ball playing it now?
    Different strokes for different folks. As I said in the same post "sure, there are people out there who enjoy the change of pace in going back to an older version of the game, or are just tired of where the game has headed, but I really think you guys represent a tiny fraction of the actual WoW community."

My point is directed at the retarded graph in your sig. You may enjoy the vanilla re-experience more than the evolved game, but I think you're delusional if you think that you represent the norm and that is what I take issue with, because you're using that assumption to justify trying to push your agenda as somehow more meaningful than everyone else's.

Deleted
    Yes. Yes they do. And it could be slapped on a cheap white box Windows Server 2016 box. So spare me the "Oh how difficult it would be"
    oh look our favorite Arm-Chair-Developer is at it again......no clue about coding but setting up classic is so easy...and the integration into bnet is easy....

Can we stop using "retailers" as a derogatory term already? It makes you sound absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Can we stop using "retailers" as a derogatory term already? It makes you sound absolutely ridiculous.
    It really is up there with some of the stranger moral high grounds I've seen on the internet. Labelling people for enjoying the current iteration of one of the most popular games ever instead of as it was in some arbitrary point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Because you're getting it for free, along with some twisted sense of smug satisfaction for supposedly getting one over on the company you delude yourself into believing ruined the perfect flawless game that exists only in your imagination?
    It would never have occurred to me to waste time playing a game I didn't like. But man you are dark... you should write novels!

So you are saying that if Blizz made retail WoW free I'd love it too? Crazy! I wonder how many of those millions of other free games out there I would love?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Different strokes for different folks. As I said in the same post "sure, there are people out there who enjoy the change of pace in going back to an older version of the game, or are just tired of where the game has headed, but I really think you guys represent a tiny fraction of the actual WoW community."

My point is directed at the retarded graph in your sig. You may enjoy the vanilla re-experience more than the evolved game, but I think you're delusional if you think that you represent the norm and that is what I take issue with, because you're using that assumption to justify trying to push your agenda as somehow more meaningful than everyone else's.
    Agenda? I am on the Classic WoW forums talking about Classic WoW... Excited and hyped... sharing my thoughts on the game. Why are YOU on this forum?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    oh look our favorite Arm-Chair-Developer is at it again......no clue about coding but setting up classic is so easy...and the integration into bnet is easy....
    Seemed pretty easy for them to add Destiny 2 (a game not even their own) onto BNet?

Actually plugging Classic WoW into BNet will be simple. I doubt it will veen be an option of it's own... but a drop down from the current Wow section... i.e. where you select PTR or other accounts... you will have a Classic option.

Anywho... yeah. If a handful of unpaid people can get Nostralius up and running... imagine people who already have the original code can do...