Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Their money isn't good enough for them? I thought open borders was a thing in Europe? Oh I guess it's ok to deny racists entry when they aren't hiding behind a certain ideology. It says in the article that people confront them and attack them and the NRM uses these situations to their advantage. Guess what. You let them in and ignore them and they will go away. You can prove to them they are not worth listening to by doing this.

As long as they are a private ferry company and not funded by either government or the EU there is currently no issue with this. Not sure why you felt the need to bring this article up other than to say "WOW LOOK AT THESE RACISTS AND HOW THEY WERE DEPLATFORMED LOL!!".
    Because for most people, laughing at Nazis getting wrecked is still a great western pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Their company,their rules. Thats fair enough.

But dont bitch when some restaurant decides to not serve gays/muslims/whatever.
    How you're born is very different from your political ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Thank you for demonstrating exactly what I said in my second paragraph. Pretending as if the discussion has an obvious answer because of the extreme cases. "Obviously we should be allowed to reject literally Hitler! But that isn't the same as rejecting literally Jesus! It is so obvious!". Then of course you have to derail the discussion by presenting one side as ridiculous by completely misrepresenting their reasoning in blatant hyperbole. But as I've said earlier, I've come to expect nothing less from this cesspool of a web forum

So what do we do now? Do we say that all people labeled as white supremacists or neo-Nazis can be rejected service anywhere they go? If not, then what kind of reasoning would be sufficient to do so? Would it always have to be 'fear of violence' or something of the sort? If that is the case, must there be sufficient evidence that violence could take place in order to justify this, and if not then they who rejected the service of this 'white supremacist'/'neo-Nazi' faces legal consequences? How about we get down to brass tacks instead of just slandering the other side by implying that they are afraid of 'cooties' and ending your argument there?
    I gave a perfectly valid reason as to why these people don't qualify for the selective outrage on display here. You ignoring it, and then taking the last part of my post, which was pretty obviously not meant to be taken seriously, as serious is entirely on you. You focusing on the shitposting and ignoring the actual valid point I made is not my problem.

They're Finnish Nazis, they have a history of violence, and a private boat company in Finland doesn't want them on their boat. Simple as that. There is no fucking basis of comparison with an American bakery that refused service to homosexuals due solely to their sexual orientation, which is patently fucking illegal in the United States Of America, until the point if/when the courts see otherwise.

I see no discussion to be had here, I was never interested in any discussion here to begin with, and I honestly don't even know why you wasted your time and mine by quoting me. So this is me taking my leave. Better shit to do.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-12-08 at 12:55 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    When Antifa kills six million people, you get back to me.

Tipping over trashcans and vandalism is not equatable to genocide.
    Never realised Neo-nazis killed 6 million people. I know actual Nazi's did.

Don't lots of Antifa people also identify as Communists? What's that kill count at atm? 100+ million?

... But wut about dem Antifa??

I'm not surprised, the "men" involved in that particular movement tend to be anything but Boy scouts. I wouldn't want a large number of their kind in an enclosed space, on water at that. Especially seeing as how there would probably be many different cultures represented on that boat.

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I gave a perfectly valid reason as to why these people don't qualify for the selective outrage on display here. You ignoring it, and then taking the last part of my post, which was pretty obviously not meant to be taken seriously, as serious is entirely on you. You focusing on the shitposting and ignoring the actual valid point I made is not my problem.

They're Finnish Nazis, they have a history of violence, and a private boat company in Finland doesn't want them on their boat. Simple as that. There is no fucking basis of comparison with an American bakery that refused service to homosexuals due solely to their sexual orientation, which is patently fucking illegal in the United States Of America, until the point if/when the courts see otherwise. I see no discussion to be had here.
    I'm not ignoring it. I am wanting to dive deeper into this discussion to try and dissect the reasoning and find out exactly what it is that causes a person to be legally allowed to refuse service to a person. I agree that this company should be allowed to refuse to service these people, but I myself never brought up the gay bakery. That was either you or somebody else in this thread that might have been involved in this discussion before I entered into it. Furthermore you misrepresent the gay bakery case anyway, claiming that they were refused service only because they were gay, which they weren't. They were refused service on the grounds that the bakery didn't want to cater a gay wedding. It was about the event they were asked to cater to, not the people doing the asking.

Now then, what do you think would be just barely sufficient reasoning for refusing to service somebody because of who they are or what they are? Where do we draw the line between Nazis and 'I was born this way'? There has to be somewhere in between. If you don't wish to have this discussion, then just say so.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Why is it every time someone mentions refusal to serve we end up comparing LGBT people to motherfucking nazis?

What does that say about how we feel about LGBT folks?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Why is it every time someone mentions refusal to serve we end up comparing LGBT people to motherfucking nazis?

What does that say about how we feel about LGBT folks?
    Because refusal of service is a big discussion with no clear universal answer ever given? Why can we refuse to service X but not Y? We need to fill X and Y with reasons to or to not serve, and find what all of those reasons are, instead of just always saying that X is Nazis and Y are duh poor gays.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Because refusal of service is a big discussion with no clear universal answer ever given? Why can we refuse to service X but not Y? We need to fill X and Y with reasons to or to not serve, and find what all of those reasons are, instead of just always saying that X is Nazis and Y are duh poor gays.
    Um, because being LGBT is in inherent characteristic and being a Nazi shitstain isn't?

Point is that comparing the two is absurd, and particularly insulting to the LGBT community who are nothing like Nazis.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it is fair to say that these people are the same exact group responsible for the Holocaust. Your group can have a similar ideology to people who lived in the past but that doesn't suddenly mean that your group is responsible for all the things those people did.
    It's fairly equatable when they actively champion the people who did those terrible things as "having the right idea."

Sorry, nazism wont "wash clean."
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Better groping than kiddy fuckers, no? Moore and all that.
    Sorry about Franken.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Like I said, America is the last remaining country with any sense of personal liberty. I’m sure this ferry will accommodate Hamas or Antifa.

Sure in the same way known ISIS members gets to fly in the USA. but you are probably ok with them being banned from flying

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    https://www.thelocal.se/20171207/neo...den-to-finland

Good stuff. We need to take their voice away. No room for those who promote violence.
    Do you agree with this action or was it over the top?
    One of the basic strategies of fringe political groups is to doing something peaceful and then have the government strip them of their rights. This is used as a recruiting tool to swell their ranks. For example, there were peaceful groups of blacks that sat at a Woolworth lunch counter in the 1960s which was, at the time, banned. The act of the blacks just peacefully attempting to use the lunch counter and getting denied was used to sell people on joining their cause.

In this case, you have nazis attempting to peacefully use a ferry boat and getting denied by the government. its a very hard sell to say this was a violent act. Getting denied the ferry is actually the result the nazis hoped for. Now they go back to local rallies and use this to recruit. They can say this is an unjust world for them and their kind.

By the book, this should backfire tremendously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It's fairly equatable when they actively champion the people who did those terrible things as "having the right idea."

Sorry, nazism wont "wash clean."
    Anything can get washed clean. The fastest way to wash it clean is for government to start stripping rights from people. That will wash it clean really really fast. Can Nazism be sanitized? Absolutely. And things like banning the ferry trip is exactly how to sanitize Nazism. Make no mistake, they WANTED that ban.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Finland should have the right to deny entry to whoever it chooses and similarly the ferry company should have the right to deny service if it wishes.

Not sure what the issue is here.
    There isn't one.

Well except maybe in Sweden where they have to accept them back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Sorry about Franken.
    Don't remember seeing anything about him forcing himself on underage girls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    One of the basic strategies of fringe political groups is to doing something peaceful and then have the government strip them of their rights. This is used as a recruiting tool to swell their ranks. For example, there were peaceful groups of blacks that sat at a Woolworth lunch counter in the 1960s which was, at the time, banned. The act of the blacks just peacefully attempting to use the lunch counter and getting denied was used to sell people on joining their cause.
    Comparing people fighting for civil rights to a group who literally want eradicate whole groups of people... Nazi apologism has hit a new level of mental gymnastics, just wow.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Anything can get washed clean. The fastest way to wash it clean is for government to start stripping rights from people. That will wash it clean really really fast. Can Nazism be sanitized? Absolutely. And things like banning the ferry trip is exactly how to sanitize Nazism. Make no mistake, they WANTED that ban.
    What are you on about?

Nazism exists because of very specific ideals. it's not even some vague bullshit like the southern US tries to pull with "southern pride" and "tradition" and whatnot when trying to prop up the confederacy.

It's a party that wholesale came into power based on the ideals of extreme nationalism, ethnic superiority, and anti-antisemitism, to name a few things.

Like, you can't NOT make it about those things. Nor are Neo-nazis any significant departure from the "classic" nazis. The neo-nazis don't represent new ideas or new takes or new positions in line with the modern world. They're just the latest group trying to sell ethnic superiority, anti-Semitic nonsense.

I mean, if 40 years from now a bunch of muslim terrorists named themselves Neo-ISIS while extolling the virtues of ISIS, muslim extremism, preached death to the west and championed the leaders of ISIS would you go "well wait just a hot second now guys, let's not judge these guys... they aren't ISIS, they're NEO-ISIS! totally different!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    In between getting shot and raped by the police or republican politicians, sure.
    In between getting shot and raped by the police or groped and threatened by the democrat politicians, sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Wait... wait... hold on a minute.

In your smug "FTFY", you had to change "shot and raped" to "groped and threatened" to make it work at all?

Ahahahahahahaha!

And of course you just left the police part in there.

That's an embarrassing effort worthy of special highlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    How you're born is very different from your political ideology.
    Still its their bussiness so it should be their choice.
    Also religion is matter of choice too.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    https://www.thelocal.se/20171207/neo...den-to-finland

Good stuff. We need to take their voice away. No room for those who promote violence.
    Do you agree with this action or was it over the top?
    Yes because "taking away the voice" of people you disagree with has worked out so well in the past..

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Whaaaat? Your life choices now have consequences, hot damn.
    only if youre white.
    if they deny service to anyone else, they get shutdown