Poll: Would you do it?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question one year in prison for $1 million?

Would you guys spend 12 months in max security prison for $1 million dollars cash. No tax deductions.

23 hours of solitary confinement with 1 hour of time in an outdoor cage where u can only see the sky.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah 23 hours of solitary for an entire year sounds like torture. If it was like 10 million then maybe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I accept a criminal conviction? Nope.

Would I do a stupid endurance stunt like that for $1 million USD? Sure, I could use the sabbatical and get some writing done.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Money is is Amercia! They are Zombies feeding on money. They don't realize the rest of the world has other nutritious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes, I am nearly retired, I don't need to be concerned about work, I have a nice retirement and money put away, but an extra $1,000,000 hell yeah, 1 year is a cake walk.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    With no criminal conviction to note and a bail out at anytime option. Sure, I'd give it a try!

I did 3 in super max for free, so sure. sign me up

10+ Year Old Account
    Not for a million

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Would you guys spend 12 months in max security prison for $1 million dollars cash. No tax deductions.

23 hours of solitary confinement with 1 hour of time in an outdoor cage where u can only see the sky.
    Yes, easily.

I'd just bribe the guards to bring me stuff that I could use to access the internet. If they refused, then I'd pay off the cartel/gang inmates to have their connections intimidate the CO's families until they gave me what I wanted. I'd walk out with at least 600k after everything was said and done.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

One million ain't nearly enough for an entire year of hell like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Yes, easily.

I'd just bribe the guards to bring me stuff that I could use to access the internet. If they refused, then I'd pay off the cartel/gang inmates to have their connections intimidate the CO's families until they gave me what I wanted. I'd walk out with at least 600k after everything was said and done.
    Couple things will happen, 1 you would make yourself a target and 2 that won't actually work unless you know people that would back you otherwise you will just looks like some goofball at the very least and the guards could take it as a sign of dispectect.

That's how you get your ass thrown in a cell with like a inmates nobody else wants to deal with. Oh and you will wind up with a hell of a lot more time than a year for trying to bribe correctional officers.

The best thing is to not go in acting tough, keep to yourself but don't act like a complete pussy, stand up for yourself but just don't over do it, shut your mouth and keep to yourself, shit you can ask for segregation, which mostly means you will be in your cell for most of your time including meals, during that time provided you aren't stupid you get access to books, and you could spend most of your time just reading and passing the time.

Easy $1,000,000
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I think yeah, 1 mil is worthy of a 1 year investment.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Yes, easily.

Based on OPs scenario you only get 1hr outside in a cage where you can only see the sky. Doesn’t sound like you’d be able to talk to the other inmates to bribe them if the guards wouldn’t give in. Also you likely wouldn’t get any $$ until after the year, not upfront. Even if you got t it upfront you’d need to give someone on the outside access to it (as you can’t just go up to the prison ATM and pull out $400K and start throwing it around) to be able to pay off the gangs you’re bribing. Sounds risky for that person and you’ll likely get scammed.

The second line of OP's post seems to have gone overlooked: "23 hours of solitary confinement with 1 hour of time in an outdoor cage where u can only see the sky." That is it and all.

True solitary confinement?

No. Don't think I could handle that.

Solitary with enough books to keep me occupied for a year along with a pile of writing utensils and paper?

Yeah, I could probably do it.

Still though I'm not sure I could take that long away from my son and my dog, even for a million that would be really hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and then there's this guy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasubi

Long story short, tricked by entertainment executives and locked in a room by himself and filmed.

1 mil is chump change for the mental damage you'll cause me by giving me 23/7 solitary.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    fuck yea I would. I can be set for life with 1,000,000 cash in hand

- - - Updated - - -

get gud?
    nah I'm not a broke loser who needs 1 mil at a high cost

Yes I would do it. If I could get books and a newspaper daily, I'd be good. The only thing that would suck the most would be the food I'd imagine.

k enjoy ur mortage and 9-5 job
    You act like it's terribly difficult to make a million.

I wouldn't do it, spent too much time in there already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

k enjoy ur mortage and 9-5 job
    No. Nice try.
    Also, aren't you the desperate one who needs a few bucks at the expense of your mental health?