Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Cost money? yea. even new models cost money and make WoD failed. They still do this
    I mean, will the private server people pay money to play on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    Damn, you seem to have missed the entire point of my post.
    Possibly, im quite tired ;(

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    input on some improvments?
    You cant prove your input is "improvement" instead of ruining the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Possibly, im quite tired ;(
    It’s okay, I forgive you!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    This entire thread shows how fucking toxic and salty the vanilla "community" is.
    Pretty much, and before the announcement there were like six or so people who were harping on about how good vanilla was and so on.. After the announcement there are so many more so called "vanilla lovers" and the way they carry on is beyond ridiculous..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    I mean, will the private server people pay money to play on it?
    why not? they are paying money for private servers by buy proxy and etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you provide any factual evidence that says it’ll ruin the game? Didn’t think so.

Personal opinions :<

why not? they are paying money for private servers by buy proxy and etc.
    No, that's just because you live very far away. It has nothing to do with the private server itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post
    So because I currently play retail WoW i should not be allowed to play classic or have any input on some improvments? i thought Classic was all about community at least that's what I've been hearing but if people who play Retail over classic are shunned because of that. Sounds like the classic community would just be toxic.
    You make a good point. Before Legacy was announced people from PS would come and talk about how amazing the community was and how everything was puppies and rainbows and people grouped up and communicated. Now that Legacy got announced you see the real seedy side of what those communities really are and how toxic/trolly they are and how there is griefing there and other things that are just as bad in current WoW.

A lot of bugs should NOT be fixed and even make them purposely.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Generally retailers don't have a lot of say in game development. It's very rare that they have any influence at all on the actual development, except maybe the potential of refusing to sell a game due to age rating. So Retailers might indirectly cause a little censorship but I don't think you need to worry about that for WoW Classic it's not exactly GTA.
    You can tell who the purists are just by how quickly some posters pick up 'retailers'.

Also lmao at being worried at people who enjoy retail affecting your game. Your should be more worried about Blizzard's own bias fucking it up for you.

Why you people trust Blizzard to deliver a product 100% to your specifications after disaster fucks like WoD, D3 RMA, OW loot boxes ect. is beyond my ken. And a bit sad, fundamentally.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

People wont come back if blizzard does shut down private servers.
    If this were the case, why are all the former Nost fanboys clamoring to get the Classic servers done the way they want? It sounds to me like the fickle fanboys of the Vanilla WoW experience are all just jumping onto whatever bandwagon will offer them the best server to continue playing their favorite version of the game on whether it's Blizzard sponsored or not, and if the Blizzard one is the only option they have because the others all get shut down? You bet your sweet whiny ass they'll all be paying subs or finding a new way to break their feverish addiction to the past.

And if you mean they won't come back to the current servers with new expansions, of course not. But they weren't paying Blizzard to begin with, so why do they even care about them? Losing 100% of 0 subscribers is....still going to leave them at the same number. Like I said, this is Blizzard offering the olive branch and the thieves complaining if the branch isn't exactly the same as the one they were offered last time down to the exact shape and formation of leaves on it. But oh, you can take those couple termites away I guess. The problem is that people don't seem to understand just how much balance will be affected just by applying modern fixes to those old bugs. Vanish that works? Rogues are now gods of PvP, even more than they already could be back then. Blink works and doesn't drop me through the world? Suddenly mages are stronger than ever for any sort of content because of the lowered movement requirements for them in both raiding and PvP which lowered their effective uptime on bosses; the class was balanced around this. Charge for warriors works now? Account for that extra rage in a PvP encounter now, and the slight amount it'll affect PvE content since it'll give them better threat upon rushing a boss in the first place.

Every tiny little thing is going to have ripple effects, so unless you want the original experience complete with all the bugs, there's going to be a shift in balance and effectiveness for almost every class in small ways. There's not going to be a true vanilla experience ever again and the faster people come to realize that the better. Even Nost and the other private servers almost all had tweaks to spawn rates, dynamic spawning depending on how many players were in a zone or area of a zone, and various things like that because of the size of the servers compared to original servers. All these things affect balance of classes as well as the economy of the game. It's just not as easy as yelling "NO CHANGES" all day and simply thinking they can flip a switch and turn it on overnight.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2017-12-08 at 11:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You make a good point. Before Legacy was announced people from PS would come and talk about how amazing the community was and how everything was puppies and rainbows and people grouped up and communicated. Now that Legacy got announced you see the real seedy side of what those communities really are and how toxic/trolly they are and how there is griefing there and other things that are just as bad in current WoW.
    You do realize people do change because of changes of their surroundings?

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    You can tell who the purists are just by how quickly some posters pick up 'retailers'.

Also lmao at being worried at people who enjoy retail affecting your game. Your should be more worried about Blizzard's own bias fucking it up for you.

Why you people trust Blizzard to deliver a product 100% to your specifications after disaster fucks like WoD, D3 RMA, OW loot boxes ect.
    Why they trust Blizz to do Legacy right despite many of them claim Blizz has been fucking up the game for years and left because of it. Cracks me up. You saw how many posts/threads about the rejoicing for Legacy sprung up (mostly by the same people) and yet they don't stop to think about who is behind making this happen.

What bugfixes tho?
    If some poor guy gets disconnected cause he uses his main ability cause of a bug should they add that?
    Or like wall jumping which is considered more as a fun feature?

7+ Year Old Account
    And if you mean they won't come back to the current servers with new expansions, of course not. But they weren't paying Blizzard to begin with, so why do they even care about them? Losing 100% of 0 subscribers is....still going to leave them at the same number. Like I said, this is Blizzard offering the olive branch and the thieves complaining if the branch isn't exactly the same as the one they were offered last time down to the exact shape and formation of leaves on it. But oh, you can take those couple termites away I guess. The problem is that people don't seem to understand just how much balance will be affected just by applying modern fixes to those old bugs. Vanish that works? Rogues are now gods of PvP, even more than they already could be back then. Blink works and doesn't drop me through the world? Suddenly mages are stronger than ever for any sort of content because of the lowered movement requirements for them in both raiding and PvP which lowered their effective uptime on bosses. Charge for warriors works now? Account for that extra rage in a PvP encounter now, and the slight amount it'll affect PvE content since it'll give them better threat upon rushing a boss in the first place.
    Oh!! it looks balancing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good in live wow.

Still better balanced than any vanilla patch.

Thus a discussion starts about it being an improvement. Which is the point of forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    It's mostly because that community that was fostered in the early MMO genre (think Runescape PKers) generally get their enjoyment from stifling the enjoyment of others.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least every spec in live wow works. Same can’t be said for vanilla.