Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Jesus Christ Tony, at least leave it at just being happy. Now you're entering full blown psychopathic reasoning. Shesh...
    I don't know if it is seasonal or phases of the moon, but he does have his moments. Latent PTSD?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    This leaves out the important details. What name and caliber gun, what brand and type of ammo? What style holster? IWB, OWb ? These are the things we need to know
    Exactly, I would like to know those details too. Odds are the firearm was ether a .380, 9mm semi-auto or a .38 revolver. Those are the most common for conceal carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    And nothing of value was lost.
    Great now I won't be able to read any of your posts without hearing Stelios' theme playing in the background. Who were you anyway?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    once a month
    Jeez time flies if its just one a month :P

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity, in all the "this is probably a better outcome than any other" thinking, does the idea that this robber may have someone or even a group of people who are angry enough at the extra-judicial killing that they go seeking revenge get a platform, or is that too "Hollywood" for reality?
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Good stuff, he made a fatal mistake in pointing a weapon at the family and got punished for it. If only he desided not to do that perhaps he would still be alive.

Conservative logic: Killing poor people solves the problem of poverty.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand why this happened - why this had to happen - and am okay with that.

What boggles my mind is the fact that some people are celebrating.

Yes; this person did something really fucking stupid, and they paid for that mistake with their life.
    The fact that some of you can barely contain your erections is fucking disturbing.

You people are fucked in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Conservative logic: Killing poor people solves the problem of poverty.

A shame the gunman died. Wounded would have been the preferred outcome, but death is always a chance.

In any case, I have no sympathy. If a person carries a gun to cause harm or even death, then they should expect the same outcome unto themselves. This robber played Russian roulette and lost the draw. At least no one else got injured in the altercation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity, in all the "this is probably a better outcome than any other" thinking, does the idea that this robber may have someone or even a group of people who are angry enough at the extra-judicial killing that they go seeking revenge get a platform, or is that too "Hollywood" for reality?
    All that matters is the family was considered by the law to be in immediate danger of their lives once he pointed a deadly firearm at them and the father legally stopped the threat. Scum groups or individuals will continue to be such no matter if this happened or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Not only is this a happy ending with one more scumbag dead, he can serve as an example for future scumbags. Agree with a lot of the posters that there was some unnecessary danger in not just forking over some money, but we're all better off for this man's actions. Hopefully we'll continue to see many violent criminals killed in the future. I feel less bad about the dead man here than a rabid dog being shot.
    You can celebrate the death of this guy, but you can't seriously believe that criminals all over the world are now trying to live respectable lives in fear of getting killed by random citizens. More likely, if they even hear about this, get more firepower and take less chances, which means an itchier trigger-finger, like the cops have. You don't want a shootout in a crowded place.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Happy ending? A person died/was shot.
    The moment you point a firearm at someone, you should be seen just as ready to kill, as you are to die.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    America, where death is the punishment for any crime or misunderstanding.
    I am sure pointing a gun at another mans family is a misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    The moment you point a firearm at someone, you should be seen just as ready to kill, as you are to die.
    I hope this family man was prepared to die then, because if I was somewhere near the robber, I would kill the shooter to avoid becoming collateral damage. Is this the outcome we want?
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    All that matters is the family was considered by the law to be in immediate danger of their lives once he pointed a deadly firearm at them and the father legally stopped the threat. Scum groups or individuals will continue to be such no matter if this happened or not.
    I'm not sure if that answered what I was asking. I more meant, it would be a tragic outcome for said "good guy with gun" to end up murdered in his home with his family simply as "retrtibution" for killing the gunman in the initial confontation. Or is that too "hollywood".

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this family man was prepared to die then, because if I was somewhere near the robber, I would kill the shooter to avoid becoming collateral damage. Is this the outcome we want?
    Using a firearm for self defense requires a lot of responsibility and the realization of the risks. If you are not willing to take those risks and shoot a person who is displaying a deadly threat to you or your loved ones, then do not use one. Take the risk all he wants to do is take your money. I will take the first risks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm not sure if that answered what I was asking. I more meant, it would be a tragic outcome for said "good guy with gun" to end up murdered in his home with his family simply as "retrtibution" for killing the gunman in the initial confontation. Or is that too "hollywood".
    Both cases would be tragic. This event is tragic also, to the extent a person died. The happy ending is still a good one for the family. All one can do is be prepared to defend yourself and family. Nope it is not too hollywood, as scums do exist. Hollywood has that part correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Happy ending? A person died/was shot.
    Yup, saving the tax payer $ at the same time. bring a gun trying to rob a store, get shot and die. Win win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not understanding.

Man with gun attempts to rob the store and pulls a gun on a customer's wife and child.

Father (customer) pulls his gun in response, and kills the robber.

Are you saying, if you were also in the store, you would have shot the Father (customer)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    The problem really is that you make the decisions for all bystanders to take the risk you are willing to take as well, no matter if they actually do. That's actually a major point people make when arguing for less lax gun laws. Bystanders also have no means of knowing how responsible the random "good guy with the gun" really is. YOU might be, but for every you there's at least one that is rather unconcerned with such inconvenient things.
    You have two choices. Lay down, and do nothing and maybe get killed anyhow. Or stand up and try to defend the innocent people around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm not understanding.

Man with gun attempts to rob the store and pulls a gun on a customer's wife and child.

Father (customer) pulls his gun in response, and kills the robber.

Are you saying, if you were also in the store, you would have shot the Father (customer)?
    That is what he seems to be saying. Which is a dumb assumption it is what is going to happen and if he would do that, he certainly should never have a firearm. The robber came into the restaurant and was pointing the firearm at the customer. First.

The kid seeing someone's death at close proximity was the most unfortunate part of this.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    The kids seeing someone's death at close proximity was the most unfortunate part of this.
    Could have been the death of their mother, which would have been far worse. Instead, now they will likely revere their father as a super hero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That is what he seems to be saying. Which is a dumb assumption it is what is going to happen and if he would do that, he certainly should never have a firearm. The robber came into the restaurant and was pointing the firearm at the customer. First.
    Indeed. If I, someone who does not have any intention of owning a firearm, was in that situation, I would be carrying that father out on my shoulders parading him around town as a hero.