Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    So people enjoying game going forward instead of staying the same for 13 years are below the rose tinted glasses wearing vanilla toxic fanboys trying to live in the nostalgia ???
    When it comes to classic, YES! People that haven't been playing on the private servers don't get it. I played on the private servers, but didn't personally get too deep into it mostly because of how used to live I am. However, it should not be changed to make playing it more desirable for me, not everything needs to cater to me. This is theirs, the classic servers are Blizzard attempt to shut down the private servers, if even a hair on it's head is changed then private server populations will not be affected. Everything doesn't have to be for everyone, changing it to suit you is more entitled than those who want it to stay the same, as they're the ones that have fought for it.

Deleted
    This thread reaching 27 pages in a single day is unironically the perfect testament to you indeed not knowing jack-diddly-squat about what you want. The sheer irony, my dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Octagonecologyst View Post
    This thread reaching 27 pages in a single day is unironically the perfect testament to you indeed not knowing jack-diddly-squat about what you want. The sheer irony, my dudes.
    I mean to be fair OP has a lion's share of the posts in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Well. The live community has told that classic server wont attract people for 10 years.
    And people also said that no one liked WoD, yet you have WoD private servers. Doesn't overall matter what the community says on this. Just like people said WoW would die in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017, and it'll go on and on.

- - - Updated - - -

People wont come back if blizzard does shut down private servers. Shutting down private servers also requires a lot of costs for employing lawyers and etc.
    Some servers lately does fine with shutting themselves down too. Don't worry about private servers, this is about classic.

- - - Updated - - -

play for free lul. buying proxy to connect to the server. OH so free
    Purchase of VPN to access a private server is at your own price, still, free. You aren't paying for the actual game. Else there wouldn't be any F2P games at all, as we pay for our internet connections too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    Not my fault you're in China! D:
    Indeed it isn't..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

because you are not part of the community. Any community is not allowed to talk irrelevant topic.

Just like you wont be able to ask changes to make lol becoming wow in lol communties

- - - Updated - - -

REAL GAME. OH. Haha, say that to players who play other games.

WOW LEGION IS A REAL GAME. OTHER GAME IS NOT. yea
    The real world of warcraft. The game that evolves instead of some waifu frozen in time game that still isn't good enough.

Are you lacking the mental facilities to discuss things? I think yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    REAL GAME. OH. Haha, say that to players who play other games.

WOW LEGION IS A REAL GAME. OTHER GAME IS NOT. yea
    There it is again, you're moving things out of context on purpose. Why can't you stick to the actual conversation? You know clear and well the user was talking Current Vs. Classic. Legion is the real game vs. classic which is the museum, history book, rerun?

- - - Updated - - -

But Blizzard isn't making Classic for private server folk, they are making it for people that play the game and would like to go back in time.
    Private server people contribute absolutely nothing to Blizzard whilst the ones that play Legion do.
    Damn it, getting difficult to comment your shit when the only thing coming to mind is 'Oh, I agree'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It is united. Just some random live players who don't want classic troll the community.
    So anyone who doesn't want the "purest" form of Vanilla is just a troll/ random live WoW player? Good to know we cleared that up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Purists who think only their views matter are pathetic and deserve to be ridiculed just like the people who demand retail QoL changes be included or they won't play. No opinion is more valid than another.

10+ Year Old Account
    because you are not part of the community. Any community is not allowed to talk irrelevant topic.
    Who gives you the right to decide what communities people can feel part of?

- - - Updated - - -

It does make classic for people who don't like current wow.
    Pretty sure that isn't why Classic is created.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Almaric View Post
    This entire thread shows how fucking toxic and salty the vanilla "community" is.
    Please don't tag all under this behavior, there are brighter lights.

- - - Updated - - -

But will people that played on private servers play it?
    It does cost money.
    Some might, as it'll be safer and some might not, as it'll cost. Or apparently in the OP's case, it'll cost extra.

- - - Updated - - -

Cost money? yea. even new models cost money and make WoD failed. They still do this
    You really think the new models were the failing point for WoD?!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You really think the new models were the failing point for WoD?!
    Yes. It wastes tons of resources and part of the reason why WoD cut contents since they don't have enough resources to make new raid bosses models, gears, farahlon etc. Also there is just no good reason to update models. Update maps in cataclysm was a failing point, update models are another. New models cant really attract more new people to play this game.

It also brings the problem how to handle old models in the future. It ruined the feeling of my world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It wastes tons of resources and part of the reason why WoD cut contents since they don't have enough resources to make new raid bosses models, gears, farahlon etc.
    Source on that?

Also there is just no good reason to update models. Update maps in cataclysm was a failing point, update models are another. New models cant really attract more new people to play this game.
    Always a good reason to update your franchise. No good reason to stay with the oldest.

It also brings the problem how to handle old models in the future. It ruined the feeling of my world.
    I am sorry but things change now and then and new models seemed to have been a want, else they wouldn't have appeared.

Damn it, getting difficult to comment your shit when the only thing coming to mind is 'Oh, I agree'.
    Not much fun when all we can do is agree!

7+ Year Old Account
    Source on that?
    They did claim new models cost too many resources.

Always a good reason to update your franchise. No good reason to stay with the oldest.
    Because old ones are superior imo. If they can actually make their new models good enough and feel like old models as what they said at the beginning, it wont be that bad. The fact is that it is too bad.

I am sorry but things change now and then and new models seemed to have been a want, else they wouldn't have appeared.
    Some people want that =/= I want that.

- - - Updated - - -

Not much fun when all we can do is agree!
    Oh, I have to agree new models are good right right?

Yes. It wastes tons of resources and part of the reason why WoD cut contents since they don't have enough resources to make new raid bosses models, gears, farahlon etc. Also there is just no good reason to update models. Update maps in cataclysm was a failing point, update models are another. New models cant really attract more new people to play this game.

Art assets and the like are created by a separate group of people than those that are responsible for design work. Considering it’s the design and gameplay part where WoD failed spectacularly, I would say that the updated models didn’t have as much to do with the failure of WoD as Garrisons and a horribly bad story does.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Art assets and the like are created by a separate group of people than those that are responsible for design work. Considering it’s the design and gameplay part where WoD failed spectacularly, I would say that the updated models didn’t have as much to do with the failure of WoD as Garrisons and a horribly bad story does.
    You do realize everything in the game requires art assets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    WoD was not failed because of garrison. Garrison itself isn't what they claimed in blizzcon 2013. They said we will change the location of garrisons and a lot of things. You need watch hayven's videos to know that.

WoD failed because of cutting contents. Especially Blood elves new models got delayed until 6.1, they just don't have enough resources and time to finish all these model update in time.

Oh, I have to agree new models are good right right?
    I actually like most of the changes done to the models.

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually like most of the changes done to the models.
    A lot of people don't like either. You are asking me to deal with it and go play on classic servers? Yea, I go playing classic, then you guys ask new models toggle on classic. Next step will be removing old models on classic to fuck me. yea.

A lot of people don't like either. You are asking me to deal with it and go play on classic servers? Yea, I go playing classic, then you guys ask new models toggle on classic. Next step will be removing old models on classic to fuck me. yea.
    It would be best if we could have a client toggle so you can play however you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    In the vast, vast majority of cases - yes, they're retailers.
    You see all these butthurt people? All people from retail.
    I don't see any butthurt people.

You guys don't know what you want because you don't even know or remember half of the shit that was in vanilla, myself included.

How about masterlooter? Do you want that at the start of vanilla? Because that shit wasn't in during the start of the game. Imagine killing Ragnaros for the first time - you're in a raid with 40 people and every single one of those people is right clicking the boss. Do you trust all 39 of those not to take all the items and leave? Do you trust yourself not to?

Well, it doesn't matter if you do - someone always did it anyway when a good item dropped.

Do you want to have all of your items ninja looted for 6 months? Is that not something you want to change?

See, we think of vanilla with our nostalgia goggles on, myself included. When classic was announced, my first thoughts were about playing a prot warrior at least, as i stupidly rolled a hunter which was a total snooze-fest in vanilla. My thoughts were about getting the scarlet shield while leveling. My thoughts were about getting a few pvp titles.

My thoughts weren't about the fact that i wont be able to play the race i fucking want to, because racials were so ridiculously important in vanilla - the prime example being dwarf priests being the only priests that can use fear ward, a mechanic that nullifies an entire mechanic on most bosses in BWL.

So yeah, you guys have no fucking idea what you want - and i don't either. Which is why i fully believe Blizzard will just throw the servers at us with the naxxramas patch out and shut the door behind them. There is simply too many varying factors involved in vanilla.

I mean wait till you see the faces of people when they realise they can never raid as a ret pala, boomkin, prot pala, ele shaman, bm hunter, arcane mage, sub or assassination rogue, spriest, disc priest, demo or affliction lock. I bet a lot of those will be the people saying "no changes".

Its going to be fucking hilarious. "what do you mean you don't want my dps?! but im a boomkin! I do decent dmg for like 45 seconds!"

yeah, but after those 45 seconds you do less damage than a prot warrior. in vanilla.