Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Happy ending? A person died/was shot.
    One scumbag died and no innocent was hurt. I can live with that. I'm guessing you hoped this were the other way around?

I was always amused (entertained if you will) by the pro-gun people's logic. And this case is no exception. The guy got a lucky ticket and managed to be one of the 200 people or so, who used their gun legitimately and successfully during a self defense case this year in the US. Lets all ignore the fact that you are 90% more likely to get shot if you have a gun at home and try to use it for defense, or that having a gun on person actually means that you are 4.5 times more likely to get shot. Basically, this guy threw a dice and got a 6. Has there been any other number, he and possibly his family would have been shot instead.
    We all like to believe in lottery. But somehow I find that loading 5 rounds in a 6 chambered revolver and playing russian roulette is a questionable practice at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    No they shouldn't have and it is very easy to say they deserved what they got. A person was still shot and killed in front of children, far from a happy ending.
    Yes, the happier ending would have been if the children were shot, amirite? Is my heart bleeding enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So let's say the robber had the gun trained on his family and he got shot. What if he pulled the trigger as he got shot?

This dude played hero. It's fine to play hero when it's just your life, but when you have your kids and wife present it is immature. The robber was obviously not going to shoot them, else he would've done so from the start instead of demanding valuables. All he had to do was hand in his wallet.
    Let's say the father didn't pull a gun, and the robber took his money, and then shot him, and his family.

Let's say the robber heard the crying daughter and had a change of heart and left peacefully.

Let's say the father stalled the robber long enough for the police to arrive.

Let's say the there were several armed people and it caused a shoot out between multiple people all confused over the situation.

There are a lot of what if's in these situations, but there was only 1 out come. We should focus on that.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I was always amused (entertained if you will) by the pro-gun people's logic. And this case is no exception. The guy got a lucky ticket and managed to be one of the 200 people or so, who used their gun legitimately and successfully during a self defense case this year in the US. Lets all ignore the fact that you are 90% more likely to get shot if you have a gun at home and try to use it for defense, or that having a gun on person actually means that you are 4.5 times more likely to get shot. Basically, this guy threw a dice and got a 6. Has there been any other number, he and possibly his family would have been shot instead.
    We all like to believe in lottery. But somehow I find that loading 5 rounds in a 6 chambered revolver and playing russian roulette is a questionable practice at best.
    Please provide non-Huffpost source. Additionally there have been plenty of reports where someone carrying a legal firearm saved the day. Remember the kid that killed the robbers? There are many more like that but they don't show them on CNN.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So let's say the robber had the gun trained on his family and he got shot. What if he pulled the trigger as he got shot?

This dude played hero. It's fine to play hero when it's just your life, but when you have your kids and wife present it is immature. The robber was obviously not going to shoot them, else he would've done so from the start instead of demanding valuables. All he had to do was hand in his wallet.
    One reason if you are going to carry a firearm for self protection you must also prepare yourself. Practice shooting for center mass and you keep shooting until the threat is neutralized. There are always going to be risks. One must weigh the pros and cons before carrying a firearm and using it.

So how about all this talking about sympathy for the bad guy while on a discussion board for a game that is all about killing the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I'm taking the easy route. If you are mentally unstable and would just pull a gun and start panic firing, you shouldn't own one in the first place.
    Haha, you think so? Anyone can get a gun. Besides, look at all the excuses these gun-defenders have. If someone pose any kind of potential threat to anyone else around me, I have full authority to take this persons life without consequence. Just staying safe!
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    So how about all this talking about sympathy for the bad guy while on a discussion board for a game that is all about killing the bad guys.
    The horde? Or...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I must admit, I get a chuckle sometimes also at the anti-gunner's logic. But as long as I have the right to carry a firearm for self protection, it does not matter what they think. I am thankful I have a choice here. And the mainstream media will avoid showing news reports which show favorable results from firearms in self defense cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    Please provide non-Huffpost source. Additionally there have been plenty of reports where someone carrying a legal firearm saved the day. Remember the kid that killed the robbers? There are many more like that but they don't show them on CNN.
    Just a google search away - http://lawcenter.giffords.org/danger...se-statistics/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Haha, you think so? Anyone can get a gun. Besides, look at all the excuses these gun-defenders have. If someone pose any kind of potential threat to anyone else around me, I have full authority to take this persons life without consequence. Just staying safe!
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I am all about more checks on purchasers before they can be owners. As well as periodic retesting.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    America, where death is the punishment for any crime or misunderstanding.
    Well, if it involves illegally and directly threatening others with deadly force. But I'm sure you meant to include that qualifier.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Hah I love America! The only first world country that praises death as the true solution to everything. God bless guns for everybody! These pleb countries that value live so much... They would rather offer the robber all their money and let the police hunt them down which then even has a chance to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Let's say the father didn't pull a gun, and the robber took his money, and then shot him, and his family.

Let's say the robber heard the crying daughter and had a change of heart and left peacefully.

Let's say the father stalled the robber long enough for the police to arrive.

Let's say the there were several armed people and it caused a shoot out between multiple people all confused over the situation.

There are a lot of what if's in these situations, but there was only 1 out come. We should focus on that.
    If he wanted to kill them he would ve done so from the start instead of wasting time asking for valuables.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Happy ending? A person died/was shot.
    All stories that has a bad guy dying is not a happy ending?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Not legally. Of course criminals do not care about the laws can sometimes. Which is another good reason to be prepared for them. And a gun owner who chooses to use a firearm , always faces the consequences of using it. And there are many cases where they have been prosecuted for misusing one. This father however was well within his rights to use deadly force to stop a deadly threat.

Not only does it have a happy ending, it even has a Disney formula. Family out trying to do happy things, something mad comes along and tries to take the happy moment and maybe more to come gets owned and everyone praises him. Sounds good to me.

Death is a part of life. No one is special or deserves anything. You're lucky to read this nonsense right now. This man understood that nothing is free and by choice enforced his way of life by taking the life of another. Bugs and plants are far more vicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knew this was a supertony51 thread when I clicked, pushing for a certain narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. https://www.gunowners.org/sk0802htm.htm of course the anti-gunners will dispute those statistics and use the studies which are tilted in their favor. Studies which count suicides as firearm death's when that is a different situation and not related to self defense at all.