Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    It would be best if we could have a client toggle so you can play however you want to play.
    it would be best? If blizzard does not remove old models on live server, many people including me will not be against that toggle that much. This shit shouldn't happen on live at the first place.

Also I don't want client-side toggle. I need server side toggle. I don't want my character to be viewed differently in a mmorpg.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    it would be best? If blizzard does not remove old models on live server, many people including me will not be against that toggle that much.
    Also I don't want client-side toggle. I need server side toggle. I don't want my character to be viewed differently in a mmorpg.
    You do know that serverside it doesn't change anything wether you are using old or new models.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Page 1, post #2, 4, 5, 6, 8, etc.
    Glad to help.
    Weird, thats not "butthurt" at all.
    Unless you think that everyone that doesn't agree with you "butthurt".

7+ Year Old Account
    You do know that serverside it doesn't change anything wether you are using old or new models.
    It does change everything. I will not be viewed differently by different people.

Also it saves resources for blizzard to make NPCs for both new/old models.

It does change everything. I will not be viewed differently by different people.
    Why? What does it change for you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why? What does it change for you?
    I don't want other people to see my character with new model.

Weird, thats not "butthurt" at all.
    Unless you think that everyone that doesn't agree with you "butthurt".
    Here is your char! Rofl!

I don't want other people to see my character with new model.
    So you want everyone to dance to your every whim but you don't care what others want, even if it doesn't change anything for you?

See, a retailer telling the classic community we don't know what we want and that master looter isn't an issue for him, but for us as well - apparently.
    can you say that people that want classic servers with no changes, understand that this is the case? Do you really, honestly believe that?

Come on, buddy. VANILLA PLAYERS didn't want this. THATS WHY IT WAS FUCKING CHANGED half way through vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    He's just using some stupid bullshit argument an idiot named Falathrin made on the Blizzard classic forums. Some crap about ruining his gameplay experience because a toggle would allow people to see his model in an unintended way. How about a toggle that only affects the character of the player with the toggle on then? He had nothing to say when I suggested that.
    Isn't that the problem of live wow? nothing does affect you.

Trying to make “retailer” a relevant word only shows you have a poor grasp of the English vocabulary. Try to use this word as an insult, and you’ll only get laughed at.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

You must have been playing under a rock, or should I say on retail servers all this time if you think this is an issue for the classic community.
    The fact that it changed and was met with such wide reception, to the point that masterlooter has been the standard loot option for 14 years, means that not only the classic community wanted and used this, but the entire raiding playerbase of wow from beginning to end, wanted this.

Do you have an argument that says otherwise, or are you going to just flail around like a fucking magikarp?

Deleted
    I am not trying to convincing you. I am at least convincing some people.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know the consequence of any change.
    Yet you feel confident stating that any change will ruin classic. Oh no, wait, I think the word you used was destroy... That's right you know that the changes they ask for will destroy it.

So which is it? Can we or can't we know the effect of any changes?

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    The fact that it changed and was met with such wide reception, to the point that masterlooter has been the standard loot option for 14 years, means that not only the classic community wanted and used this, but the entire raiding playerbase of wow from beginning to end, wanted this.

Do you have an argument that says otherwise, or are you going to just flail around like a fucking magikarp?
    Yeah, but we all want the game to start on the first patch, so it wouldn’t be right for classic servers to begin with Master looter. Once the server catches up to the right patch, sure. But it wouldn’t be right if it was implimented before then.

Deleted
    You do realize everything in the game requires art assets?

- - - Updated - - -

WoD failed because of cutting contents. Especially Blood elves new models got delayed until 6.1, they just don't have enough resources and time to finish all these model update in time.

A lot of people don't like either. You are asking me to deal with it and go play on classic servers? Yea, I go playing classic, then you guys ask new models toggle on classic. Next step will be removing old models on classic to fuck me. yea.
    It's hard to take you serious when you keep contradicting yourself.

So which is it? Are the new models bad, or are they so good and important that not having them for blood elves made WoD bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    Yeah, but we all want the game to start on the first patch, so it wouldn’t be right for classic servers to begin with Master looter. Once the server catches up to the right patch, sure. But it wouldn’t be right if it was implimented before then.
    I can guarantee you that if they release WoW in the state of 1.0 or even 1.1 people will run away screaming. Or do you expect them to fix all the glaring bugs those patches had?

Also do you expect people to then level new characters when 1.2 hits or should they just run Maraudon at level 60? At least in 1.2 you will be able to fish in high level zones again, eh ;-)

I loved Vanilla, because it was so much better than the MMOs before it. But, there are some serious design flaws in that game that I would not accept from an MMO today. Which is why I have left every other mmo I tried after WoW within 2 months of playing. Why on earth would I go back to that voluntarily.

Like the master looter discussion, why on earth would I play an MMO today where people can be assholes and ninja loot, when there are perfectly fine mechanisms available to make them unable to, without impacting the gameplay. I simply refuse to play 5 man content with strangers with ML or unrestricted Need/greed looting. At the very least need should be limited to usable by you, but personal loot would be so much better.
    Last edited by mmocd842740b60; 2017-12-08 at 02:52 PM.

Those who asked for vanilla is we. Coincidentally, we also played on shitty outdated nostalgia servers and got banned on retail forums for mentioning anything related to private servers.

That's we, the classic community. If you didn't do it, you're not part of this classic community, simple as that. You're a retailer and posting in this subforum doesn't change the fact that you're a retailer and should be kept away of any decision making. We don't need you to fuck up the game.
    LOL, actually I'm a paying customer of Blizz and my opinion matters just as much as yours if not more since I can likely post on their forums.

Again, YOU and cqwrteur speak for yourselves. The vanilla 'movement' as it were is not a unified front nor is it a hive mind. People in your own community have DIFFERENT views on Vanilla. Get over yourselves. Good freaking lord.

Apparently in your eyes if you weren't playing on illegal PS you aren't part of this movement gaiz. I can't even tell who speaks for that group of people anymore. Oh wait, none of them do.

Deleted
    But "classicers" don't know what they want, that's the thing, there are many people who don't play retail, but still recognize Vanilla wasn't perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Apparently in your eyes if you weren't playing on illegal PS you aren't part of this movement gaiz. I can't even tell who speaks for that group of people anymore. Oh wait, none of them do.
    Suckers playing on scam servers have no say in this either.

Retailer spotted.
    Wait, wait... wait for it.
    Someone that plays on Private Vanilla Server:
    Cheap knock off copy.

Suckers playing on scam servers have no say in this either.
    Oh come on! Playing on a server with guessed at numbers, totally different bugs that ever existed on retail, class imbalances that didn't exist on retail and many other lolworthy issues is TOTALLY the same thing as playing Vanilla 13 years ago, right??....Right? Oh..it isn't. It is funny people like Helltrixz think a Vanilla-Like server is the true version of Vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Wait, wait... wait for it.
    Someone that plays on Private Vanilla Server:
    Cheap knock off copy.
    I prefer the term "Vanilla-Lite"

Here is a prime example of the complete lack of logic within the 'no changes' crowd.

1. You have a system that literally everyone prefers over free for all - master loot.
    2. You know that not having it caused massive amounts of ninja looting, in practically every raid guild ever, and especially every pug ever.
    3. You know that if the servers progress like they did 13 years ago, they will get it within half a year, anyway
    4. And yet rather than just ensure it is implemented on day 1, to ensure that tons of ninja looting will be removed from the game, you'd rather have countless raids ruined by this one, tiny, minuscule change that does NOTHING other than help raiders be a bit more protected against griefing just so you can say "NO CHANGES"

You guys are insane. Absolutely fucking insane.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2017-12-08 at 02:51 PM.