Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Classic players will also be retail player you know? You can only call us retailers if your on a private server.

Deleted
    I thought this was about grocery stores

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Classic players will also be retail player you know? You can only call us retailers if your on a private server.
    In fact, you can only call us "retailers" if we are selling it to people. Retailers sell, consumers buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Can we stop using "retailers" as a derogatory term already? It makes you sound absolutely ridiculous.
    If you find anything derogatory in the label "retailers" then that is on you. It is simply a label to refer to a group. In this case, a group of players that are playing, or prefer to play, retail WoW.

If you feel it's derogatory because of a small segment of those customers coming onto a Classic WoW forum and trying to make others feel like their preferred "flavor" of WoW is inferior to their retail preference... then I could see how you would assign negativity to the label.

If it's because you fear deep down inside that Classic will detrimentally affect retail because of it's popularity, then again, that's on you.

Retailers... is simply a term referring to those who prefer to play, or at least are playing, the current retail version of WoW.

Now if it was something like Wrath babies... I coudl see your point. But it's not. Not at all.

I mean if you called me a Classic Kiddie, or a Vanillaite... I would be proud... as it aptly describes the group I am in, and obviously touts a game I am proud and excited for/of.
    Last edited by Maudib; 2017-12-08 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    Oh- you're an idiot. Well that's neat.
    Thanks for admitting defeat by never responding to any points and resorting to flaming

Deleted
    Even though I've played this game since January 2005 and don't really want anything changed per se, even I'm super embarrassed by the new vanilla community that has appeared since the announcement.

They had to have known this was gonna be a gigantic shit show.

Deleted
    "You think you do, but you don't"

J. Allen Brack was a prophet. BUT WE DIDN'T LISTEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    If you find anything derogatory in the label "retailers" then that is on you. It is simply a label to refer to a group. In this case, a group of players that are playing, or prefer to play, retail WoW.

If you feel it's derogatory because of a small segment of those customers coming onto a Classic WoW forum and trying to make others feel like their preferred "flavor" of WoW is inferior to their retail preference... then I could see how you would assign negativity to the label.

If it's because you fear deep down inside that Classic will detrimentally affect retail because of it's popularity, then again, that's on you.

Retailers... is simply a term referring to those who prefer to play, or at least are playing, the current retail version of WoW.

Now if it was something like Wrath babies... I coudl see your point. But it's not. Not at all.

I mean if you called me a Classic Kiddie, or a Vanillaite... I would be proud... as it aptly describes the group I am in, and obviously touts a game I am proud and excited for/of.
    That's not exactly how language works. If you walk up to someone and call them something with a negative or racist or homophobic connotation you can't just say "It's a label to refer to your group, if you find it derogatory that's your fault." to them and expect it to be fine. I've already stated in another thread that "retailers" just by definition of the word doesn't even make sense. If the thieves on private servers and classic enthusiasts who no longer play at all wish to be referred to as purists, the least they could do is call your "retailers" group by the proper term when they want changes to occur to the Classic servers: reformists. By definition this is a group of people who want slow and steady change instead of drastic changes all at once or for the original to remain the same and much better defines the group than assigning a label that already has a completely different meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I am not. Why are you trying to tell me how I feel?
    You said - Honestly, it seems to me that classic "fanatics" like yourself are the ones who don't understand what made the original WoW amazing. It was the newness of the experience.

Here you are directly telling people that they don't understand why they liked it.

Where did I say "only"? That's right I didn't. You're trying to twist what I am saying to suit your own narrative.
    You said - Honestly, it seems to me that classic "fanatics" like yourself are the ones who don't understand what made the original WoW amazing. It was the newness of the experience.

You give ONLY 1 reason.

Again, I am not telling people how to feel or remember. I am explaining what drives those feelings. It's great that you enjoy playing on your PServer EVEN MORE than you did back then. That proves my point: It isn't the same experience. For you the experience may be better, I even acknowledged that if you'd bothered to read instead of just cherry picking.
    You said - The only people for whom Classic will ever be able to offer the same experience will be those who have never played before, or managed to forget the entire experience through a blow to the head (or simply lack any capacity to remember things from that long ago).

You also said - And yeah sure, there are people out there who enjoy the change of pace in going back to an older version of the game, or are just tired of where the game has headed, but I really think you guys represent a tiny fraction of the actual WoW community. And honestly, it's not something that makes you special, or enlightened to the extent that you have to keep harping on about how you "get it". It makes you tiresome and annoying.
    - Nowhere do you mention any of what you claim to have above.

Except I never said any of that. Which makes you the jerk for trying to put words into my mouth.
    You literally gave ONE reason why people could like it. Then proceeded to say the only people who could enjoy it and who'd played it before must've had a blow to the head.

If you cannot see the validity in what I am saying that is your failure. You seem to have completely misconstrued my actual message, probably because you've assumed you know what I am saying before you skimmed through what I wrote with the intention of putting me in my place.
    I suggest you re-read what you actually posted originally and not what you've explained it (much better) as in this post. You made maybe 1 valid point (that classic players represent a minority) in your original post, then proceeded to devolve into snarky comments about people thinking they're special and how they're tiresome and annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Millions that quit since Vanilla and the peak was during WotLK. Logic is strong. They are doing it for many reasons and one of them is to fight the criminal private servers.
    They don't give a shit about 100,000 people on private servers. They don't give a shit about private servers in general. They only went after the big ones and those hosted in the USA ( and any moron would know not to host in the US )

Vanilla peak had 8M people so don't talk like it was low. Yes, WOTLK peak was higher and it's likely those people will want to try Vanilla too since the huge changes ( LFD, free epics, massive catch up mechanics ) only showed up towards the end of WOTLK. So the Vanilla philosophy will still be accepted by many of those who played TBC/WOTLK but not Vanilla.

And make no mistake, those are the players Blizz targets. The ones playing Retail right now are already giving them the same amount of money they would if they played Vanilla. Probably more since Vanilla has no microtransactions.

in the end, it is blizzards descission what they want. they get, what they deserve, after they release their vision of classic servers.

its their descission, what type of players they want (old crowd, young crowd, toxic crowd). what type of customers (long playing/paying serious mmo gamers in long term, or just quick look jump in jump outs burst cash money). what they wanna be called. how they act. what they deliver. its up to them.

personally, i would pay them 25 bugs a month, propably for the next 3-4 years, for a safe classic server (in contrast to private servers). IF they dont change anything in vanilla, besides bug fixes and numbers tuning. personally i dont care about class changes that much. if i play the multi level frobo spamming mage or MoP versions of classes, i dont care that much. but classes aside, i would pay that money for NO changes to models, run animations, graphics, style, lore, gameplay, content and behaviour.

if i get a „vision of blizzard what classic should be“ with retarded chris robinson models and run animations, changed systems or content, then blizz will get not a single cent from me. in that case i keep staying at retail, pay for some game time, and maybe come or not come back.

its their descission.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-12-08 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    That's not exactly how language works. If you walk up to someone and call them something with a negative or racist or homophobic connotation you can't just say "It's a label to refer to your group, if you find it derogatory that's your fault." to them and expect it to be fine. I've already stated in another thread that "retailers" just by definition of the word doesn't even make sense. If the thieves on private servers and classic enthusiasts who no longer play at all wish to be referred to as purists, the least they could do is call your "retailers" group by the proper term when they want changes to occur to the Classic servers: reformists. By definition this is a group of people who want slow and steady change instead of drastic changes all at once or for the original to remain the same and much better defines the group than assigning a label that already has a completely different meaning.
    Calm down... triggering isn't necessary. You don't get to choose what other groups refer to you as. It isn't negative at all, unless of course you feel playing retail is a negative thing. I used to play retail... and therefore was a "retailer"... but lost interest. I do not take offense to the term. Bikers ride bikes. Hikers like to hike. PvPers engage in PvP. Farmers spend time farming.

Retailers play the retail version of WoW. Nothing more or less. If it hurts your feelings.. well that's on you.

Calm down... triggering isn't necessary. You don't get to choose what other groups refer to you as. It isn't negative at all, unless of course you feel playing retail is a negative thing. I used to play retail... and therefore was a "retailer"... but lost interest. I do not take offense to the term. Bikers ride bikes. Hikers like to hike. PvPers engage in PvP. Farmers spend time farming.

Retailers play the retail version of WoW. Nothing more or less. If it hurts your feelings.. well that's on you.
    My only issue with the word "retailer" is that such a word already exists and it means something completely different. :-)

even the need of that accurate explanation shows that you completely waste your time.

and... muhahahaha.... „proud“ ppl of those playing retail ? to be „proud“ of something you must stay longer than 3-6 months, before loosing interest and leave game forever.

i am sure as hell, that ppl playing retail wow long enough, to be „proud“ of it, all of em want to go back to BC, wotlk, or at least cata or MoP. or whereever they started, before WoD.

i cant even imagine HOW a person should look like or being scaled, that says „i am proud to be a part of the WoD and Legion community, love retail wow, and will play exactly that gaming style for the next 5 years, without quitting, cause i love the (toxic) community, the PUG systems, the great game quality. I play 15 hours a week and i wont stop, because WoD and Legion is best wow ever!“. sorry, i really REALLY even cant imagine !
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-12-08 at 03:04 PM.

You seem to be missing the intent behind the label. Either thatt or you do get the intent behind the label and are trying to spin it in a way to make it seem like people aren’t using the term to insinuate that others are lazy, entitled, and dumb people who are trying to sabotage Classic because they are too scared it would reveal current WoW as a shit game that’s inferior to the obviously superior older version of the game.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post

Here you are directly telling people that they don't understand why they liked it.
    True, and I stand by that comment because the quality of the arguments given by a lot of pro-classic people are so poor that it is the only rational conclusion I can draw.

Anyhow, the point is that is not the same as telling people what they like or how they feel, which is what you got so uppity at me about. Also, if you want to be triggered by the tone I was using, I refer you back to the post I was responding to, which is what I used as the template for my reply.

You give ONLY 1 reason.
    So? That doesn't imply that it is the ONLY reason in existence, it's simply the one I am choosing to focus on.

You said - The only people for whom Classic will ever be able to offer the same experience will be those who have never played before, or managed to forget the entire experience through a blow to the head (or simply lack any capacity to remember things from that long ago).

You also said - And yeah sure, there are people out there who enjoy the change of pace in going back to an older version of the game, or are just tired of where the game has headed, but I really think you guys represent a tiny fraction of the actual WoW community. And honestly, it's not something that makes you special, or enlightened to the extent that you have to keep harping on about how you "get it". It makes you tiresome and annoying.
    - Nowhere do you mention any of what you claim to have above.
    Yes I did:

"It isn't the same experience." = "The only people for whom Classic will ever be able to offer the same experience will be those who have never played before, or managed to forget the entire experience"

"For you the experience may be better" = "there are people out there who enjoy the change of pace in going back to an older version of the game, or are just tired of where the game has headed"

Now if you can't see how the original comment equates to the clarification, that's your fail, but at this point I suspect you don't want to hear what I am trying to say, you just want to fight.

You literally gave ONE reason why people could like it. Then proceeded to say the only people who could enjoy it and who'd played it before must've had a blow to the head.
    What an asinine way to interpret what I wrote. That's on you.

1) I never said anything about not being able to enjoy it. I said the experience could not be the same. And in my next paragraph I even state outright that I recognise that a small minority of players do prefer it to the current version. So you chosing to interpret it that I am trying to say it can't be enjoyable is just you being silly.
    2) Ok fine, my comment about a "blow to the head" was a bit tongue in cheek. Clearly you were triggered by it. That wasn't really my intention. Maybe work on having a sense of humour. The point was simply to show that if you've experienced the content, you can't really forget it, hence doing it again won't yield the same experience as the first experience. Because of memory.

TL;DR: I never said you can't enjoy the experience. I said it won't be the same. Just because it's different doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable, but it does mean it won't necessarily be enjoyable to everyone who enjoyed the original.

I suggest you re-read what you actually posted originally and not what you've explained it (much better) as in this post. You made maybe 1 valid point (that classic players represent a minority) in your original post, then proceeded to devolve into snarky comments about people thinking they're special and how they're tiresome and annoying.
    And I suggest you work on trying to understand people's posts instead of being so easily triggered and then trying to prove a point.

And so what if I was a little bit "snarky"? In case you haven't noticed, there is a significant camp within the "classic community", who are very snarky at us "retail" players. I am merely responding in kind. If you happen not to be one of those players (and no, my initial comment wasn't singling you out personally) then maybe you need to consider that I am not referring to you. And if you do happen to share those opinions, then take my snarkiness as a hint.

I really hope the privateers don't ruin this for us. I've raided on private servers and it's a complete joke, the difficulty is not even close to how it was back then. The only way to compete is to do speed runs of trivial content and that is boring as fuck, I can go play retail mythic+ if I want to do that.

Do not listen to nost babies, we'll get a shitty product with only superficial similarities to vanilla.

Thanks for admitting defeat by never responding to any points and resorting to flaming
    You haven't made any points to refute- your whole argument is 'we're better than you because I say we are' and isn't based in any reality of 'fact'.

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.
    \
    yup I agree

because the vanilla fetishists movement we in didn't reek with the sense of entitlement, like at all XD