Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Responsible gun owner gets his gun stolen....

.... Only to be used later on that day to shoot a police officer in the head.

https://www.google.com/amp/fox2now.c...r-surgery/amp/

There needs to be a very harsh penalties for gun owners who have their firearms stolen, or lose them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    But not for the perps who steal them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    But not the perps who steal them?
    The logical thing would be to punish people who steal firearms, yes. I'm sorry I didn't spell that out for you.
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Deleted
    People especially police just need to learn to shoot earlier. No need to increase penalties that discourage people from owning guns.

People should be responsible for their own actions, not the actions of others. The person who had their property stolen is not responsible for what the thief did with it. They are victims, and have caused no harm. yes, this is tantamount to victim blaming.

This mentality should be applied to all aspects of life, stop blaming one person for the actions of another.

Backstoppers has stepped up to donate $5,000 to the O'Connor(the officer who was shot) who is married and the father of four.

That's nice of them.

Looks like the perp had two guns, the cop found the first but not the second which the perp used to shoot the cop and then himself.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post

There needs to be a very harsh penalties for gun owners who have their firearms stolen, or lose them.
    So I'm assuming you didn't actually read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    People especially police just need to learn to shoot earlier. No need to increase penalties that discourage people from owning guns.
    No, that's a terrible idea. Let's not start shooting earlier, let's address a situation, and respond accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    So I'm assuming you didn't actually read the article.
    I'm very familiar with that article, both guns were stolen. Care to tell me what you think I missed. The article states the gun he used to shoot the officer in the head was stolen from a vehicle.

And also for people who have their cars stolen, as cars can be used to facilitate other crimes or in hit-and-runs.

Should someone who's car gets stolen and the guy wrecks and kills someone also be charged with a crime?

A responsible gun owner wouldn't have gotten his gun stolen.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So if someone steals your automobile and they then use it illegally to commit a crime, the owner should be punished too?

I'm very familiar with that article, both guns were stolen. Care to tell me what you think I missed.
    Number 1: Responsible gun owners don't store their weapons in vehicles. Ever...
    Number 2: The police failed to properly search the suspect.
    Number 3: Police failed to properly secure the suspect in the back of the police cruiser while also being mindful of what they are doing back there.

Nice bait title though.
    I give it a 0/10 because the article doesn't remotely come close to making this a gun ownership issue. And you clearly didn't read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    How does one prevent property theft with 100% certainty?

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Only if they did not have their car locked. You can have your firearm in a handgun safe at home and the doors locked , it still be stolen and you still be a responsible gun owner. Maybe the owner of the firearm had to stop at a place which did not allow firearms inside? We would need to know all the circumstances involved in why it was stolen before jumping to conclusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    There should be penalties for individuals who fail to report a stolen firearm. I think there should be also be laws regarding safe storage of firearms.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Number 1: Responsible gun owners don't store their weapons in vehicles. Ever...
    Number 2: The police failed to properly search the suspect.
    Number 3: Police failed to properly secure the suspect in the back of the police cruiser while also being mindful of what they are doing back there.

Nice bait title though.
    I give it a 0/10 because the article doesn't remotely come close to making this a gun ownership issue. And you clearly didn't read the article.
    You still haven't addressed on what point I missed in the article. He stole two weapons, and shot the officer in the head. Agreed, storing your gun in a car is irresponsible, and people should be punished.

Now, either tell me what I missed in the article, or move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    People should be responsible for their own actions, not the actions of others. The person who had their property stolen is not responsible for what the thief did with it. They are victims, and have caused no harm. yes, this is tantamount to victim blaming.

This mentality should be applied to all aspects of life, stop blaming one person for the actions of another.
    Had the person locked their guns up properly at home they would never have been stolen. The owner deserves full punishment for being an irresponsible jackass.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.