View Poll Results: Which Vanilla Fethisists like most?

Voters
20. This poll is closed

3 15.00%

0 0%

0 0%

1 5.00%

0 0%

1 5.00%

0 0%

0 0%

1 5.00%

1 5.00%

1 5.00%

12 60.00%

which patch does vanilla fetishists want[pole]

I was just wondering which vanilla patch do us, the vanilla fetishists would want to play the most?

Pik your desired patch, my fellow fetishistists XD
    Last edited by Hyde; 2017-12-08 at 03:14 PM.

None. We should get a frankenpatch that's a combination of all of them, but mostly 1.12. And then retuned PVE encounters so that they still provide roughly the same challenge that they did when they were current content.

Should release it in its original alpha state tbh, anything else is not a true vanilla experience

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    None. We should get a frankenpatch that's a combination of all of them, but mostly 1.12. And then retuned PVE encounters so that they still provide roughly the same challenge that they did when they were current content.
    umm that doesn't sound like vanilla at all. gtfo my thread damn retailers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shammyrock View Post
    Should release it in its original alpha state tbh, anything else is not a true vanilla experience
    I want to agree with you but i think 1.12 would have the least bugged out stuff

or at least they slowly build up fom 1.1 and release old patches one by one just liek the good old days

Yeah but only if each patch is up for the exact same amount of time as it was in Vanilla, and the server taken down the same amount of time to apply it.

Anything else is not a true vanilla experience

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    I want to agree with you but i think 1.12 would have the least bugged out stuff
    Then it's not the vanilla experience. Go play retail if want change.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Then it's not the vanilla experience. Go play retail if want change.
    no vanilla exp is to have everything that we like but just up to level 60

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    no vanilla exp is to have everything that we like but just up to level 60
    so a frakenpatch. The same thing you blasted earlier in the thread and told the user to gtfo of YOUR thread. lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    so a frakenpatch. The same thing you blasted earlier in the thread and told the user to gtfo of YOUR thread. lmao.
    no everything that we liked in vanilla not retailer stuff@!

Deleted
    1.12 talents, but gated raid content (releasing a new raid every 2-3 month), also scaled down items to pre dungeon item buff

I voted 1.11 for the simple reason that the 1.12 patch, a patch that came out after Naxx 40 was cleared, substantially changed the healing dynamics in raids for Horde. Thus making 1.12 raiding on horde side feel very "non-vanilla", an analogy would be that it feels like vanilla plus half a TBC pre-patch.

The very significant change that came at this late, late point in vanilla was that Chain Heal became the first ever smart heal. This was a very significant change as you might imagine, a change that makes other class changes over the course of vanilla pale in comparison and this at a point were vanilla was basically over. However, many people have their vanilla experience mainly or exclusively from unofficial servers where 1.12 was and is the patch that is being run. For them this is not a curiosity at the very end, but the only vanilla experience that they've known and it is the play style that they know and love. Not having a smart Chain Heal would likely turn many, many Shamans off from playing these servers and it would be hard to blame them for that or say that they are in the wrong for wanting it.

So even if I'd prefer 1.11, I think that for better or for worse 1.12 style spells and talents are more likely to be what we get. That means that to me horde vanilla healing is a thing of the past with patch 1.12 so I will certainly play alliance as that is the only place where the original vanilla healing experience has a chance of being reasonably intact if Blizzard does well. Luckily for me, that was very likely to be my choice regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's another active thread about this which has a poll as well.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...anilla-quot-is
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."