Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Lots of people are getting concealed carry in TX.

A few weeks ago there was a report on NBCDFW about conceal carry classes being over booked since Jan of 2016. They actually had to up the hours and operating times for the classes to accommodate the hundreds of thousands of people trying to get a lisc, all across the state, even in the Texas liberal bastion of crayola blue Austin..... You might want to do armed robbery in another state, just sayin`.
    Good point. This November alone, the FBI reported the number of background checks done was up 10% over last year the same month. Over 200,000 done. From the time I decided to get my CHL license to carry a handgun concealed, to the time I actually got the license to do so, took 2 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Not impressed, seeing as there is a single name in half of these "sources". I must stress, that I find it much more believable when a source such as an official FBI statement gives you solid and accountable data on what "has actually happened", than a study that made a random call to 5000 residents in one of the areas with worst criminology situations in the US and multiplied it to account 350 million US people.
    An Analysis of Federal Bureau of Investigation and National Crime Victimization Survey Data.
    http://www.vpc.org/studies/justifiable15.pdf
    Hard numbers, actual cases, everything that is known to the US police basically. Again, unless your argument is that FBI is an anti-gun organization that skews numbers in their favor by at least an order of magnitude (that is an extra 0 at the end, for those who are unfamiliar with the term) and then divides the result by another random 3 to 5 number, I tend to trust official government sources more than the so called "researchers".
    Any government office ( which the FBI is one ) is heavily influenced by those in political power positions.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    They are deferring to the only living witness' account and his family. Would your own family rat you out if you killed someone with no other witnesses?
    Yeah, like I said, it is possible him and his family were the only persons in the fast food restaurant and all the employees previously fled possibly due to pathetically low wages or plain boredom, and that the police refer to only his family as "a lot of people", he could have seven children. It is possible. Just going by the info provided.

It's also possible you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Happy ending? A person died/was shot.
    If you live by the sword, you should expect to eventually die by the sword.

I personally feel no remorse. This guys likely saved innocent lives by putting this scum down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Yeah, like I said, it is possible him and his family were the only persons in the fast food restaurant and all the employees previously fled possibly due to pathetically low wages or plain boredom, and that the police refer to only his family as "a lot of people", he could have seven children. It is possible.

It's also possible you are wrong.
    The article states that the employees fled out the back exit of the fast food restaurant. The only witnesses were his family and the security cameras. I am only stating what I would say if I was the only living witness. A court of law would go over all the facts before claiming no crime was committed by the dead person and the person who discharged a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Who knows what your heart is doing, your brain however seems to be taking a vacation. Acting like there was only 2 outcomes and one is happy and one is sad is beyond foolish.
    And implying that there were is presumptuous. Should everyone just wait for the happy ending? I don't get the narrative in this day and age where waiting to become a victim somehow bestows moral superiority, yet the same people who preach that bullshit make criminals out to be saints.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I would say, based on what I read in the news about shooting incidents, that background checks aren't strict enough, and conservative lawmakers are doing what they can to remove it, since the 2nd amendment doesn't say much about exceptions, I guess.
    I also think that when it comes to guns, that retroactive justice isn't enough. It won't bring dead people back to life. It's better to reduce the chance for such events to take place.
    Anyways, I don't know this situation well enough to judge if this kill was unavoidable, but generally I think people in here have a very simplistic view on society and crime, lack of respect for life, and are worshiping macho ideals to the extreme. They don't see the sarcasm in Judge Dredd and Robocop.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not true. Show me a example where they are trying to remove any background check requirements. I do agree there needs to be some improvements to the system and am not opposed to universal back ground checks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    guess he shouldnt have threatened to kill someones family.
    The father is not the law. He should have given the money. The father is a criminal because of him someone died. The robber was just threatening the family to get his money, he was probably not gonna shoot anyone.
    Jail the father.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Any government office ( which the FBI is one ) is heavily influenced by those in political power positions.
    That is true. You can play with unemployment figures (if you earned more than $25 in the last 3 months, you can be counted as "employed" person for example) or national deficit (again, similar tricks, for example to count national deposits as an investment) to present yourself in a better situation. But that is a couple of % to either side and that is not the case here. This information is presented as a total known number of cases. So one of the sources lies - either it is Mr. Gary Kleck, I quote:
    extrapolating from the 5,000 households surveyed[15], estimated that in 1993 there were approximately 2.5 million incidents of defensive gun use (DGU - the use of guns for self-protection), compared to about 0.5 million gun crimes as estimated by the National Crime Victimization Survey.
    OR, which I highly doubt, an official FBI report. One of these sources has nothing to show as proof, while the other actually deals with the problem on a day-to-day basis. I think it is obvious.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2017-12-08 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    The robber was just threatening the family to get his money
    Oh no the poor robber, he only threatened to kill people, clearly he is the victim
    How dare a father protect his family from death

Are you fucking joking? What if the robber actually wanted to kill them anyway? The father acted morally and legally right

Quote Originally Posted by Lalabaer View Post
    Oh no the poor robber, he only threatened to kill people, clearly he is the victim
    How dare a father protect his family from death

Are you fucking joking? What if the robber actually wanted to kill them anyway? The father acted morally and legally right
    Stop overreacting. I would have shot him too if he pointed a gun at my family. But it is not black or white.
    If he simply pulled out a gun pointing it nowhere and simply said "give me the money or ill harm your family", then they should have gave the money before trying to kill him.
    If he pulled his gun and pointed it a the family with an countdown or intend to kill, then it is right to shoot him.
    Looks like it was scenario 1 but the title makes you think it is scenario 2

You are talking like he could think logically there... You are with your family, there is a guy with a gun trying to rob you and you will be able to stay calm and make a decision? Don't act brave on internet, most people can't decide right and wrong in that situation. Why would he risk his families life if he knew for sure it would be all over after giving the money?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    And implying that there were is presumptuous. Should everyone just wait for the happy ending? I don't get the narrative in this day and age where waiting to become a victim somehow bestows moral superiority, yet the same people who preach that bullshit make criminals out to be saints.
    That is just you sprinkling in your own assumptions. As I have said the person almost certainly deserved to be shot based on the information provided. It is this fairy tale of it being a happy ending that is nonsense. As for waiting for or expecting a happy ending at anytime is absurd. As I originally said it is great that the family wasn't physically harmed, it is far from a happy ending when they were placed in a life or death situation and had to watch somebody killed, even if it was because of their own doing.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Was pretty smart of him to not pull it out right away and start a fire fight like some of the gun nut dipshits here would do. And thank god the criminal's gun didn't go off when the father shot him or the dad would have had to have lived with the fact that he got his kid killed. Hopefully none of them need therapy after this.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    You can celebrate the death of this guy, but you can't seriously believe that criminals all over the world are now trying to live respectable lives in fear of getting killed by random citizens. More likely, if they even hear about this, get more firepower and take less chances, which means an itchier trigger-finger, like the cops have. You don't want a shootout in a crowded place.
    Criminals don't attempt to rob people who think might kill them, they're counting on people being unarmed, thats why they run before the cops get there.

Obviously, theres a threat calculation when these things are planned, and if you could kill 100% of everyone attempting to rob places you could basically eliminate crimes like this completely. Theres probably not a better type of story for the media to blow up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    Happy ending? A person died/was shot.
    I came into this thread thinking "I bet there's going to be at least one person who will be in protest of what the father did." Lo and behold the first comment. MMO-C is becoming predictable. SJWs and liberals all over this site.

If I am armed with a gun and someone is pointing one at me, if I get the chance, that person is going to either die or get shot and be in severe pain. ESPECIALLY if I have a family with me. I think it's safe to say that the lives of my family are vastly more important than some piece of shit thug. Once you point a gun at someone all reasoning goes right out the fucking window and your life is now forfeit. If you point a gun at someone you better shoot it otherwise YOU might be the one getting shot.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-12-08 at 08:08 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Power top ammosexual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    The father is not the law. He should have given the money. The father is a criminal because of him someone died. The robber was just threatening the family to get his money, he was probably not gonna shoot anyone.
    Jail the father.
    Are you really going to take that chance?

I don't agree with OP about awarding money, since that would likely cause a lot of trouble.

But yeah, guy did the right thing in protecting his family.

You gon' act like a bitch, you gon' die like a bitch.

Deleted
    Maybe not a HAPPY ending, but a good ending.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Good stuff, he made a fatal mistake in pointing a weapon at the family and got punished for it. If only he desided not to do that perhaps he would still be alive.
    Think... armed robbery shall be a capital punishment offence? Shall we have to have the story about the Royal Mail Rider again. The Royal Mail Rider was robbed in the forest by robbers, after they did let the Royal Mail Rider go, it was no point in hurting him. The King become furious after he did heard about it and made it a capital punishment offence for robbing the Royal Mail Rider. Now the robbers in the forest did kill the Royal Mail Riders becuse ther was no point in let him live.

It was obviously a robbery and not "lets kill som random family for the fun of it" so why escalate it to a life or death battle.... is your family's life not worth more than your wallet. What will hapen next time... a robber will shoot in self-preservation becuse he think you might go for a gun then you happened to move a bit....