Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jeff Goldblum's (and everyone else's) reaction to the new Jurassic World 2 trailer:

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Jeff Goldblums little call back to his "life finds a way" quote, but nothing in this trailer screamed exciting. So we have an exploding island with Dinosaurs and a Dinosaur Green Peace wanting to "Save the Animals"... meh okay whatever lol.

nice to see them going back to using a lot of animatronics though.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-12-08 at 03:11 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    It's edgy to say everything is crap these days but it wasn't that bad. Also 1st trailer is usually fast clips n we didn't even see indoraptor n whatever else is out there (Spinosaurus, Mosasaur, unknown stuff) or even human villains like dr wu n those back him. I'm sure we'll get longer conversations in 2018 trailers, movie won't be out until next summer...too early to hate on it (except that kid who screeches like a little girl, he needs to die badly)

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    It's edgy to say everything is crap these days but it wasn't that bad. Also 1st trailer is usually fast clips n we didn't even see indoraptor n whatever else is out there (Spinosaurus, Mosasaur, unknown stuff) or even human villains like dr wu n those back him. I'm sure we'll get longer conversations in 2018 trailers, movie won't be out until next summer...too early to hate on it (except that kid who screeches like a little girl, he needs to die badly)
    Its not edgy to get a bad impression from a volcano exploding island and dinosaurs acting like pantomime villains. Also a lot of the action set pieces look like marketing for their theme park ride like the explosions in the background

Also why are chris pratts and bryce dallas howards character broken up again? Do we really need the ross and rachael theme? Could have progressed their relationship like how they looked pretty comfortable at the end of the first movie rather than resetting it to get the sexy flirting stage again

Deleted
    I thought it looked like absolute schlock.
    I haven't laughed so hard since I saw raptors running alongside Pratt on a bike.

Still Jurassic World was decent so maybe it's just the trailer that was dumb?
    But still - it was really dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I haven't laughed so hard since I saw raptors running alongside Pratt on a bike.
    At night remember. The best time to ride a motorbike through the jungle.....is defiantly at night.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I like Jeff Goldblums little call back to his "life finds a way" quote, but nothing in this trailer screamed exciting. So we have an exploding island with Dinosaurs and a Dinosaur Green Peace wanting to "Save the Animals"... meh okay whatever lol.

nice to see them going back to using a lot of animatronics though.
    It wasn't so much a callback as a "DO YOU REMEMBER IT" WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE to the audience.

I clapped. I clapped when he said it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    At night remember. The best time to ride a motorbike through the jungle.....is defiantly at night.
    Yeah it was mind numbingly stupid.
    But in the context of the whole film it took up like 0.2% of screentime and wasn't as bad as the trailer made it look.

I'm hoping ultimate CGI headache volcano stampede takes a similar dive into the crapper.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus: it's been done.
    It was dumb then and it's dumb now.

Yeah it was mind numbingly stupid.
    But in the context of the whole film it took up like 0.2% of screentime and wasn't as bad as the trailer made it look.
    The film has one of the main villains plotting to steal and use raptors as some sort of advanced military tech which is just adorable. So you're not really watching this film for its ultra realistic view on the world and rather a silly movie to entertain you for an hour or so

The trailer was stupid. I liked everything about Jurassic World except the kids. I hate kids in these movies. The ones in this trailer look like college interns or somthing so thats better. But the trailer was edited terribly. The music cuts in and out. The music! Wheres the iconic music! WTF terrible trailer. This looks like a disaster movie. And F the political agenda of save the animals. Save them from what and why? Are you F'ing stupid. You want to save these giants that without some seriously secure prisons are going to eat every human they see?. Fuck. Just save the herbivores. Why are you going to save the T rex and the raptors?

Also, looks like they are copying the plot of INGEN in Lost world, where they wanted to take a bunch of dino's to a new park. Good job writers. It was stupid of the characters to move Dinos to a populated city then and its stupid now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The film has one of the main villains plotting to steal and use raptors as some sort of advanced military tech which is just adorable. So you're not really watching this film for its ultra realistic view on the world and rather a silly movie to entertain you for an hour or so
    Yeah and even then it wasn't schlock it was entertaining and fun.

I'm more skeptical about this one though.
    Alarm bells when there isn't a single thing in the trailer that I like except for Bary - which will probably get wtfpwned by a kid doing gymnastics. (Or by Blue doing gymnastics ? plot twist!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    The trailer was stupid. I liked everything about Jurassic World except the kids. I hate kids in these movies. The ones in this trailer look like college interns or somthing so thats better. But the trailer was edited terribly. The music cuts in and out. The music! Wheres the iconic music! WTF terrible trailer. This looks like a disaster movie. And F the political agenda of save the animals. Save them from what and why? Are you F'ing stupid. You want to save these giants that without some seriously secure prisons are going to eat every human they see?. Fuck. Just save the herbivores. Why are you going to save the T rex and the raptors?
    They're violating the prime directive!!

Yeah and even then it wasn't schlock it was entertaining and fun.

I'm more skeptical about this one though.
    Alarm bells when there isn't a single thing in the trailer that I like except for Bary - which will probably get wtfpwned by a kid doing gymnastics. (Or by Blue doing gymnastics ? plot twist!)
    Ill wait for the 2nd or 3rd trailer(lol @ modern film marketing).

But i'm getting a vibe they are not on the island that long and this is gonna be a cruise ship type theme park ride with the dino's getting loose in the carrier ship bringing them back. Which....doesnt get me very excited.

Also I hope theres more to chris pratt than just going back to the island to get blues babies, thats getting weird territory and trying to sell toys to kids.

Reptile brain dont work like that, they aint gonna remember shit about you once your heat signature is gone that long.

Deleted
    Maybe they are going down the fallacy of raptors being super intelligent.

According to a quick google search (I have the best fact) Utahraptor was about as intelligent as a koala.
    Guess it would remember its handller, but beyond that?

All aboard HMS.Schlock!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

Also, looks like they are copying the plot of INGEN in Lost world, where they wanted to take a bunch of dino's to a new park. Good job writers. It was stupid of the characters to move Dinos to a populated city then and its stupid now.
    Agree on the music

There are two islands with dinosaurs on them, they'll simply move dinos from volcano island to the other one (where the Spinosaurus is still alive..
    The spino island is bigger I believe, correct me if I'm wrong

Nvm, yes Nublar where Jurassic World is at is the tiny island, Sorna Site B is huge..

Movie is made by J.A. Bayona I wouldn't count out the movie based on some trailer..

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe they are going down the fallacy of raptors being super intelligent.
    Want to see Blue interacting with the indoraptor

If Blue is moved to isla Sorna then Blue will probably join the raptor pack there, no longer solo
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2017-12-08 at 10:47 PM.

I don't know why, but I'm getting the impression we're only seeing - like - half the movie in this trailer.

I mean, what exactly is the plot here? Rescue the Dinos? Who's the main villain here? The island exploding? I mean, we see them diving into the ocean. Isn't that, like, the final big scene given what we know of the plot? o_O

Especially upon seeing those crated dinos, I'm thinking the 2nd half is going to be the relocation process going absolutely wrong. (hoping for a dino-rampage in the city akin to the T-Rex in JP2).

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what to think.

I mean, yaaay another jurassic park / dinosaur movie... but it looks like just an action movie. Show as many dinosaurs as fast as possible with lot's of explosions.
    I'm also not a fan of how the actors are delivering in this movie, I just find them misplaced in Jurassic Park.
    But now the biggest part,
    is all about the image
    and not the art

I like the premise of the movie.

The potential for interesting dialogue about what should we do with these animals now that they exist and live in a wild environment. The dilemma of us saving them and taking them somewhere else being a threat, not only to those sent to capture them, but also to the world, as things could go extremely wrong and some dinousaurs could end up invading other ecosystems. Even the logistics of how this would be feasible are interesting.

But I can't imagine a blockbuster focusing on that too much. I expect a whole ten to fifteen minutes of them talking about it, Goldblum vs Pratt, and then they just go to the island and the usual shit happens. Hopefully a director with some experience in horror can manage to create suspense, trapping a fairly small group of people in a small place with a few, very threatening dinosaurs, instead of throwing hundreds of fodder at CGI dinosaurs, but the big eruption/stampede at the end of the trailer doesn't look great...

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually surprised when I saw the trailer since the premise interested me.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I mean, where else do you go after the volcano has erupted and they all go in the water?
    Probably the Mosasaur scene.

Hasbro apparetly made a mosasaur toy previous movie with a tiny submarine
    https://www.amazon.com/Jurassic-Worl.../dp/B00PS1G1X6
    There will be a submarine scene with an attack of some kind on it next movie

I hate that they’re making the T-Rex seem good. It’s becoming less and less scary, which is sad. Honestly, though, I wasn’t that impressed with the trailer. They’ve just gone overboard and are relying too much on tons of dino CGI to sell the movie. And I feel like it showed the whole climax. I mean, where else do you go after the volcano has erupted and they all go in the water?

First Jurassic Park will always be the best, followed by the second one. The rest are just meh.
    T-Rex was always the good guy he even ate the disgusting lawer and killing the final bad guy in the first, second and fourth movie (as tagteam).
    Btw half of the dinos are animatronics they just add cgi on them for a better skin and eyes oh and the first part of the movie is just the volcano, the second part is classic horror with a monster hunting people in a mansion.

The only animatronic dinosaur used in Jurassic World was the dying Apatosaurus. The rest were full CGI and actors (in green/blue suits).
    Was talking about JW 2.