Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Grappling Hook as baseline ability - BFA

Apparently grappling hook will become a baseline rogue ability in the next expansion. Pretty stoked about this, rogues will remain hated in pvp haha.

15+ Year Old Account
    Source? 10char

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

7+ Year Old Account
    Baseline for Outlaw, not all rogues. It was mentioned at one of the Blizzcon panels I think - or maybe it was the post Blizzcon Q&A stream...

Yeah, baseline for Outlaw confirmed. The CD is 1min tho, but we get a passive talent which reduces the CD to 30 sec.

Ah my bad, I was under the impression it would be for all rogues. This is great that it opens up more options on talents though!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Baseline for Outlaw, not all rogues. It was mentioned at one of the Blizzcon panels I think - or maybe it was the post Blizzcon Q&A stream...
    Ah, thank the lords of coin. Was getting scared that one of the main reasons I was Outlaw, was to be shared with the other speccs soon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Yeah, baseline for Outlaw confirmed. The CD is 1min tho, but we get a passive talent which reduces the CD to 30 sec.
    Damnit! And here I was hoping I was gonna have my cake and eat it too (Grappling hook & passive movement speed). Bummer.

In my mind, Grappling Hook's just our version of Shadowstep.

When I played the BfA demo at blizzcon, Grappling Hook was baseline for Outlaw only. I can't remember what was in its place since we only had short periods to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakyap View Post
    When I played the BfA demo at blizzcon, Grappling Hook was baseline for Outlaw only. I can't remember what was in its place since we only had short periods to play.
    Instead you get a talent that reduces GH's cd to 30 sec, while baseline is now 1min.

I love hook so yes plz, baseline.

Deleted
    From Wowhead :

I've never tried outlaw yet tbh (combat for life, down with pirates!), but as long as I can keep Shadow Step on the other 2 specs, I'll live.

I don't use grappling hook b/c it feels awkward to use. I'm leveling as Outlaw in Legion rn on my Rogue alt - it's pretty fun - but he survivability seems less than with old Combat.

So roll the bones will still bein BFA? Well...darn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    I love it. I know it won't ever be balanced at high end the same way a flat buff like SnD can be, but I love the class fantasy around it. I think the ability hints at the potential for slightly different play and rotational focus based on the different buffs you might randomly generate, and I hope they start to dig into that concept more.

Though I imagine they'll maybe just start adding some of the artifact weapon passives to the weaker buffs, which will once again slightly disappoint me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I don't use grappling hook b/c it feels awkward to use. I'm leveling as Outlaw in Legion rn on my Rogue alt - it's pretty fun - but he survivability seems less than with old Combat.
    Its very useful for raiding. A skilled rogue with a grappling hook can completely negate Varimathras' charge.
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Seethe View Post
    Its very useful for raiding. A skilled rogue with a grappling hook can completely negate Varimathras' charge.
    shadow step says hi btw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    Restless blades + Loaded Dice had make RtB far more powerful and consistent than before (in 4 full Antorus runs i never reroll once... and before that i always have to reroll, several times a fight, when i was Outlaw in 7.1)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    Restless blades + Loaded Dice had make RtB far more powerful and consistent than before (in 4 full Antorus runs i never reroll once... and before that i always have to reroll, several times a fight, when i was Outlaw in 7.1)
    Loaded Dice is turning into a talent on the final row with Slice and Dice and Marked for Death. It may be a dead talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickstealth View Post
    shadow step says hi btw
    And the pirates say 'bye'
    When I went up the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today. I wish I wish he'd go away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daxxarri
    Whale Shark is the devourer of the slow moving and inattentive. This includes plankton, whales, and AFK players.

Whale Shark swims where and how it pleases. Whale Shark /spits on your science.