ToS Mythic at around this time: 2 guilds 6/9. Every other guild's either stuck on Desolate, Sisters, or Mistress.

Antorus Mythic: EVERY FUCKING GUILD IS ALMOST AT ARGUS (AKA, ME)!

....Help me....

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    ToS Mythic at around this time: 2 guilds 6/9. Every other guild's either stuck on Desolate, Sisters, or Mistress.

Antorus Mythic: EVERY FUCKING GUILD IS ALMOST AT ARGUS (AKA, ME)!

....Help me....
    you are done in the first reset. get gud mate.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the notion i heard from someone else a while back (and in a different thread) where the mythic race takes place on a tournament-like server where everyone already has the best gear. This removes all the power imbalances from split raiding and puts everyone on a level playing field. It all comes down to skill and determination at that point. Not who can get luckiest first.

I mean the WF race is supposed to be about prestige right? That means that retaining the gear afterwards shouldnt really matter once the race is over.

But, while i realise the above is not likely to ever occur outside of a Blizzcon type event, i dont think anything can change the fact that the WF races garner less and less attention every year. We pretty much all know exactly how these things play out by now. The only thing that changes is the name of the guild that wins. Very little comes at us unexpectedly.

Im kind of surprised that theres even enough interest left that companies are still willing to sponsor these people.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-12-08 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    remove gear

there you go splits fixed
    Naked fistfights, sounds like a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I'm compelled to ask what the other 0.5% are doing.
    Just a random number for mythic guilds who don't split raid, there's quite a few "copycat" guilds out there who Split raid that don't need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Naked fistfights, sounds like a great idea.
    The future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhyTin-V5g0

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    I like the notion i heard from someone else a while back (and in a different thread) where the mythic race takes place on a tournament-like server where everyone already has the best gear. This removes all the power imbalances from split raiding and puts everyone on a level playing field. It all comes down to skill and determination at that point. Not who can get luckiest first.

I mean the WF race is supposed to be about prestige right? That means that retaining the gear afterwards shouldnt really matter once the race is over.

But, while i realise the above is not likely to ever occur outside of a Blizzcon type event, i dont think anything can change the fact that the WF races garner less and less attention every year. We pretty much all know exactly how these things play out by now. The only thing that changes is the name of the guild that wins. Very little comes at us unexpectedly.

Im kind of surprised that theres even enough interest left that companies are still willing to sponsor these people.
    Would just create seperate WFs, the "Live" WF and the "Tourney Realm" WF, and then spawn arguments about which is real.

Spoiler:

Blizzard doesn't care about the WF race other than getting data for bug fixes and tuning from no life raiders that provide unpaid testing from a skill level they aren't unable to match in house.

They'll never sponsor it, nor implement any change to stop the insane levels these guilds subject themselves to for an unofficial event.

These ideas that get spouted that would be awful for 99.9% of raiders are hilarious.

Deleted
    I saw Luun eating dinner before starting with raid invites the past 2 days

pizza twice

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    These ideas that get spouted that would be awful for 99.9% of raiders are hilarious.
    They do balance things around splits and TF, which means those "99.9%" you cite are already being negatively impacted by content tuned around gear they won't have for months.

10/10 design there, chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostrix View Post
    3/7 for effort
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-12-08 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostrix View Post
    Nvm....

...Got me for a sec....

- - - Updated - - -

*Breathes intensely*
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2017-12-08 at 09:07 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is that supposed to be fake or something? I dont use twitter, nor can i access it from work. Hep me unnerstand pls.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-12-08 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    They do balance things around splits and TF, which means those "99.9%" you cite are already being negatively impacted by content tuned around gear they won't have for months.

10/10 design there, chief.

3/7 for effort

I'm talking about these asinine suggestions to prevent splits.

All ofLegiom had like 0 dps checks so apparently they don't care much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Is that supposed to be fake or something? I dont use twitter, nor can i access it from work. Hep me unnerstand pls.
    A fake edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Because there is no solution that ''fixes'' split raiding (as if it was a big problem to begin with) and doesn't fuck over a lot of players in the process
    Force personal loot and disallow trading of drops. That stops funnelling loot to specific characters.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Force personal loot and disallow trading of drops. That stops funnelling loot to specific characters.
    I think you missed the part where they said "and doesn't fuck over a lot of players in the process"

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    Would be great when player A gets his 5th "SUPER AWESOME MEGA TRINKET" and Player B hasn't seen a single and has 2 shit trinkets. Yea, no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will anyone be disappointed if Argus falls this lockout?

How I would make this a race:

Find a sponsor. Make guilds register 30 characters with 30 players..must have one of every class. You can only do heroic with the 30 that you sign up with. Create a separate server so everyone starts at the same time.