Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woah, what the hell? Why all the hate? He wasn't bad and he certainly isn't having the weight of WoW game design on his shoulders. That's ridiculous.

I wish him well on Hearthstone and looking forward to see what he does there!

Quote Originally Posted by karzerus View Post
    dave kosak gone
    dave holinka gone
    now celestalon gone

ion is cleaning house of all the shitters.
    dismantle!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Woah, what the hell? Why all the hate? He wasn't bad and he certainly isn't having the weight of WoW game design on his shoulders. That's ridiculous.

Hi Celestalon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier539 View Post
    Bad wow devs go to Hearthstone, but all the great ones go to overwatch.
    Uh, which of the good ones have gone to OW? (and don't say Tigole, he was the worst thing to happen to WoW)

So now who will you blame when WoW still isn't exactly what you think it's supposed to be?

Idk see how this will have much noticeable impact. Not like we are getting many spec changes in BFA outside of a couple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Callinon View Post
    So now who will you blame when WoW still isn't exactly what you think it's supposed to be?
    Sigma is probably next.

Because this is MMO-Champion, where borderline fans of the game congregate to mostly hate on anything and anyone related to the game?

Imagine white knighting a purple haired mong who makes design decisions for a PC game on a tablet.

not to sound dumb but... who the fuck is celeston lol.

Too much unnecessary and unwaranted hate in these threads regarding dev departures. Best of luck to him and I'm sure he'll enjoy this job a lot more.

How long a honeymoon does the next guy get before he/she becomes the sole reason for all decisions I dont like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Good. It was clear to me he lost his passion for WoW a long time ago.
    How was his loss of passion clear? What did he do or say that made that so clear? From what I saw he was one of the most active Devs on Twitter, constantly communicating, and ever present in the community. Where is it clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    You do know he was never on class design right, he was in the balancing team. He didn't have anything to do with with pruning or some shit like that.
    This needs to be made a sticky on all Celestalon related threads right now.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Does Blizzard have any public faces of the class design team who aren’t ex-theorycrafters/top end raiders? Will be fun to see what excuses people come up with next.

Thank god. Now Elemental can have buffs again finally.

As a WoW player: YAY, finally!
    As a Hearthstone player: oh god please no.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    And if it doesn’t?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    You poor sweet summer child. If you don't have Stockholm and you play Shaman in 2017 you better just dip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, if he is gone who is going to be the sole member of the balance team? You know, the single person they hire to make all the decisions about classes?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Because (part of) this forum is a shithole? I remember that first day of 7.2 (when they overtuned item level scalling for some specs) some people here wanted to fire half of the devs.

Best of luck to this guy in HS but it was very hard for me to take him seriously ever since he made his comments on ele shammies using Lava burst procs for movement in WoD or how rogues were still adjusting to the combo point changes. Him playing on a tablet evidently didn't help matters. I don't know if this will make things better, but I do think what has happened in the class design/balance front hasn't been stellar ever since he stepped up since GC left.