Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    someone i know working at blizzard says all the money is coming from Hearthstone and overwatch. Gee, it's almost like Wow is dying
    My dad works for nintendo etc.

Seriously though, Loot Crates are in both of those games so it is not real surprise.

Well may he work on a game that can be actually played effectively on a tablet. I think it will suit him more.

10+ Year Old Account
    someone i know working at blizzard says all the money is coming from Hearthstone and overwatch. Gee, it's almost like Wow is dying
    I mean you can see what money they make from quarterly reports typically, last I heard wow was making more money than it ever has.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Now who will everyone blame for wow balancing?!
    Bill from Accounting of course!

Literally who?

WoW isn't dying. It will never die unless Blizzard specifically retires it. There will always be millions of players. There has yet to be a "WoW killer" MMO that survives, let alone beating player count. WoW is the iPhone of MMOs. You're free to have your opinion about it, but it will never go away through lack of users.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

The guy famous for playing WoW on a tablet rather than a mouse, and calling the best ele shamans in the world terrible rather than admitting his numbers were wrong?

Good riddance

Deleted
    I always pictured him as the typical leftist SJW

Deleted
    Can he screw up balance their like he did in wow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Siglius View Post
    You do know he was never on class design right, he was in the balancing team. He didn't have anything to do with with pruning or some shit like that.
    Shh, Let them Reeeeeeeeee together.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    Uh, which of the good ones have gone to OW? (and don't say Tigole, he was the worst thing to happen to WoW)
    Tigole was amazing.

This is great news for world of warcraft!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    How was his loss of passion clear? What did he do or say that made that so clear? From what I saw he was one of the most active Devs on Twitter, constantly communicating, and ever present in the community. Where is it clear?
    I dont know what youre seeing, but look thru his twitter & tell me how much WoW you see in it. Yes, he communicates about random other things that have nothing to do with his job. If your passionate about something, you wanna talk about it & there are ways to talk about it without giving away information.

Thats just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Now: - Good riddance he ruined mah gaem!!!
    A few years from now once we've had his replacement for some time: - I miss Celestalon he could balance the classes!!

I myself am neutral to his departure. This game ain't a one-man enterprise, and I always hope that they'll do better with class designs and balancing... although, they hit the sweet spot with many already during MoP, RIP...
    Considering that he didn't know what he was doing, I don't think people are going to be saying this in a few years. I will never get over his insisting that MM and SV hunters were playing fine during the WoD beta despite many protests from the hunter community. He was finally hounded into running dungeons on the beta as MM...and he had to go ask on a stream what the rotation for the spec was. And then after he talked about how fun it was to multi-shot weave or something that wasn't even a thing you did as MM. I'd say maybe the monks will miss him, since he'd actually like talk to them, but I don't think even the monks are all that happy with monk design atm, so...

Nice he can fuck up Warlocks on Hearthstone instead.

Deleted
    Christmas has come early.

Every interaction I'd had with him was dreadful, a complete lack of knowledge on his end over some pretty stupid subjects to be clueless about combined with a dreadfully snarky tone in his responses.
    Celestalon singlehandedly made me stop giving feedback on the game.

Never had a reason to be anything but greatful to the staff on WoW and their devs / blue posters have been nothing but helpful, but Celestalon's the one guy I can't stomach.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2017-12-09 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebyrd View Post
    Considering that he didn't know what he was doing, I don't think people are going to be saying this in a few years. I will never get over his insisting that MM and SV hunters were playing fine during the WoD beta despite many protests from the hunter community. He was finally hounded into running dungeons on the beta as MM...and he had to go ask on a stream what the rotation for the spec was. And then after he talked about how fun it was to multi-shot weave or something that wasn't even a thing you did as MM. I'd say maybe the monks will miss him, since he'd actually like talk to them, but I don't think even the monks are all that happy with monk design atm, so...
    They will. People said the exact same things about GC, won't stop people from forgetting the bad as time passes and a new object for their vitriol emerges and "wrongs" them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezepee View Post
    Nice he can fuck up Warlocks on Hearthstone instead.
    My thoughts exactly.

For the record I hardly believe any individual in this thread thinks he is solely responsible for any class changes, however, he has been the "face" of many of them. I don't know employee #37's name that brought up Warlock change #13 in WoD, however I do vividly remember Celestalon's horrible interface with the Warlock community. I vividly remember seeing on twitter "So you want to continue being overpowered? Understandable..." in response to KJ criticism. I remember "Yeah, I don't get it. Demo is not OP; Aff/Destro are OP (in PvE). Thus, top guilds' Warlocks are mostly Aff/Destro" without acknowledging their "OPness" came from trinket design. I remember his blatant disregard for cold hard facts with a blanket statement of "That's not what our numbers say". I remember a lot of very unsavory things from celestalon... So I will say based on that, he can kindly fuck off.

The billion-dollar revenue of WoW begs to differ.

Afaik, you've been around saying "WoW is dying" based on X insipid factors for years now.