Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    “I don’t like something, therefore other people shouldn’t be able to use it.”

Pass.

I'll think of you, OP, when I use the Dungeon Finder next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tested levelling on the PTR yet? If not, why not? You've gotta cement your opinion with actual testing of the new changes because last I heard, they've increased exp required across the board on the PTR, which would mean dungeon finder still has it's place and levelling in new zones will still be quested through without passing the level of the zone.

Also, what if some of us are questing through a zone and there comes a time where the dungeon itself is central/paramount to the questing experience of a zone? Are we then just expected to wait 30 minutes to an hour trying to find a group for that specific dungeon? Do you know how many dungeons there are and how little the population is when it comes to levelling already? It would have worked if the content was relevant for it's time, but not anymore, that's why DF was implemented in the first place.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2017-12-09 at 12:58 AM.

I'm hoping that use of LFD becomes optional in a future patch.

Oh my god, get rid of DF til level cap? Are you insane? I'd quit playing this game completely. Dungeons are one of the main reasons a lot of people play this game, even on alts. Fuck that. EASILY the worst idea I've ever heard for this game.

I love the dungeon finder, i dont think it takes away from being immersive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainal View Post
    Dungeon Finder needs to go

What are your thoughts? Dungeon Finder good? Dungeon Finder Bad? Why? Why Not? Should blizz consider not only revamping the scaling, but the systematic rot they have created with dungeon finder?
    I am guessing you never levelled before dungeon finder. Before dungeon finder, you either sit in the city spamming and hoping to find a group for a dungeon or just quest in a zone and skip the dungeons entirely because the chance of finding a group for a dungeon is virtually nil.

Sure, Get rid of dungeons. What are the alternatives?

You don't like spamming dungeons? Then WHY ARE YOU DOING IT?
    Is it just because "it's the fastest available way"? Then it doesn't really seem you care much for the experience.

What are your thoughts? Dungeon Finder good? Dungeon Finder Bad?
    Dungeon finder good.

It may be a surprise for you, but there are people who started playing after it became a thing.
    I learned how dungeons work through the dungeon finder. I learned what stats to prioritize when people in a low level dungeon told me. I learned how to properly tank, heal and dps in dungeon finder. And my favorite dungeon to this day is one I only did while leveling. In dungeon finder.

It helps new players to know and understand the game. It allows them to actually know something before they reach max level, where everyone expects them to know everything. And it makes those dungeons actually relevant outside timewalking and transmog farming.
    Last edited by Leodok; 2017-12-09 at 01:21 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would probably sell more character-boosts if they did XD
    If you don't want to dungeon while leveling... then don't.

Yeah I'm sorry the dungeon finder is the only thing that makes MMOs in general bearable. Look at games like GW2 where they are adding it later in a patch or a game like FFXIV where all dungeon content is built around queues.

Those are WoW's competition, those are the games sucking the life from WoW. Stop pretending that attracting old customers will expand Blizzard's market: It won't. Old customers are already done with the game.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Immersion is a personal experience.
    Because it isn't for you, does not mean that it isn't for others.

There is nothing "forcing" players to AFK.
    And what you suggest isn't actually going to improve the dungeon experience, as there will be far fewer actually participating in them.
    And your "solution" to that is then rehashing the very bonus you want removed.
    Which shows that the participation you want wasn't driven by the "immersion", but actually by the reward.

Spamming chat to get a dungeon group is not social.
    It is about other players as a means to an end, just the opposite.
    If you want social, then be the player who helps someone, without personal agenda, without promise of reward.
    Simply because you want to improve their experience, even at the detriment of your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon/Raid Finder doesn't hurt shit. It's not like you are getting the exact same loot.

It's for people leveling, it's for people trying to gear up at the start of 110 before they start really raiding and it's for people that only have a few hours a week to play and don't have the time to gather a group together.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's hurting you in any way. They can play WoW their way and you can play it your way.

What the fuck? Did I just dream the past eight years? LFG was introduced in 3.3, buddy. You are extra special late to the party.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

See I like this post because of a few things.

1. Blizzard wants to change the leveling experience for new players
    2. Blizzard wants you to be able to experience the zones

I just hope they make changes to the adventure guide which tries to funnel you into dungeons right when you hit level 15. Dungeon experience is extremely accelerated (1 run at level 15 with quests + heirloom gets you to level 18 or so)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsoldier06 View Post
    I'm confused by this thread. You know you can skip queing for a dungeon completely. It's optional. If you want to quest without heirlooms, do it. I've been leveling an alt recently only doing quests and I've been staying on par with each zone. So far he's already 74.
    That is one thing that has always confused me people complain that they level so fast they don't see the end of a zones story before it's time to go to a new zone so why don't they just stay in the zone until it's over if it's that important to them.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    That is one thing that has always confused me people complain that they level so fast they don't see the end of a zones story before it's time to go to a new zone so why don't they just stay in the zone until it's over if it's that important to them.
    Because:

They want to be able to experience the zone and level.Not having to stop one to do the other

Even for someone that is just leveling, it means they have to stop and move to a new location and Time is Exp.The more time you spent traveling the less exp you gain, that why many people prefer to spam dungoens in cities,

Level scaling won't solve the problem with leveling (although, it'll help). Linear questing, faster leveling from reduced XP requirements, and piss-easy mobs will still exist, so the only "real" solution is a total revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Have you tested levelling on the PTR yet? If not, why not? You've gotta cement your opinion with actual testing of the new changes because last I heard, they've increased exp required across the board on the PTR, which would mean dungeon finder still has it's place and levelling in new zones will still be quested through without passing the level of the zone.

Also, what if some of us are questing through a zone and there comes a time where the dungeon itself is central/paramount to the questing experience of a zone? Are we then just expected to wait 30 minutes to an hour trying to find a group for that specific dungeon? Do you know how many dungeons there are and how little the population is when it comes to levelling already? It would have worked if the content was relevant for it's time, but not anymore, that's why DF was implemented in the first place.
    -- They have Looking For Group - could use that as a means to get that. I am sure there will be tons of people you can shard over and group with.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    "IMMERSIONIMMERSIONIMMERSIONIMMERSIONIMMERSION" let's be real here, what you want is to force other people to have to deal with you. You know what's not immersive? Spending an hour hanging around town spamming for a group invite when the quest log tells you time is of the essence and it's up to you to stop the Scourge from pouring out of Stratholme. Must not be that pressing a matter if you can faff off to a city on the other side of the world for an hour and change. You know what's not immersive? An empty world because people would rather sit in towns spamming for a group and wait to be summoned, rather than a world where players are queued up while actively doing things outside town like world quests, invasion events, and farming rares.

Camping out around a rock or in a city on the other side of the world do not immersion make. This was never about immersion and fuck Blizzard for spinning it into a buzzword echoed ad infinitum by stupid people who can't think for themselves about why they were never able to get groups and why they want to force people to interact with them rather than making the effort to make friends with the current system.

Because, and here's a crazy thought: dungeon queues pop faster with a full party. Who'da thunk!?
    There. You posted for me. The old group finding system is complete and utter garbage. A better compromise, is to remove the teleport to dungeon thing and have people use meeting stones/warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    I agree it is optional, but there is a thought behind a Game Designer forcing players to experiencing the game and protecting their content, whilst protecting the player from making their game such a small and insignificant feat. As in pressing 2 buttons and running around pressing 2 buttons. The lore is enriching and leveling in the new zones.