Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I'm just saying.

- - - Updated - - -

what is 5 of 9?
    In what part of the world is that a normal saying??

7+ Year Old Account
    I can even find the North using analog clock and the sun (provided it's sunny day, of course), born in 1990.

Deleted
    Anyone who doesn't use the 24 hour system is either uneducated or ignorant. The AM/PM system is so archaic and outdated, it should be unacceptable in 2017.

Do millenials know how read a clock face? Do they even teach that now?

I'm willing to bet you were never taught how to read a map, or how to tell the time without a clock.

Way to perpetuate the self-loathing millennial stereotype.

I'm pretty sure it's still part of the maths syllabus in the UK. The exam boards usually have questions which show two clocks at different times and ask how much times has passed etc.

Also analog clocks are still pretty relevant, from places to like kitchens to land marks such as Big Ben. It's not like it's a dying thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad i grew in between both generations. I know all that old timer shit and new gen shit. Millennials ftw.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Am and Pm confused me a great deal when taught in english class. Which "m" stood for midday and midnight in after and past "m" ugh, I'd always forget or mix them up. Struggle long enough and you eventually learn, though counting 24 hours instead of 12 hours twice, is so much simpler with no room for confusion or danger of a mix-up happening.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Deleted

That's on your educational system, not the kids.

There isnt a single person above the age of 8 in my country that doesnt know how to read one, unless their IQ is somewhere in the low 70s

I'm a Millennial, I was born in the 80s. We were taught how to tell time in school. Stop asking stupid questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    I don't think millenials are stupid but they are lazier for sure. plus they don't want to learn how to fix a thing/use tools. not all but a lot of bloody morons and refuse to tinker.
    I don't think this generalization could be further from the truth. It isn't generational, it's all about how you were raised. Maybe most of the millennials you know were just raised by shit parents or come from garbage families?

I'm 34 so technically fall into the "millennial" group by about 1-2 years. I've had a job since I was ten working at least 20 hours a week and being paid under the table until I was old enough to work legally. Once I was old enough to work legally, I worked at least 30hrs a week as well as being a student. Also during this time I had chores including but not limited to setting and clearing the dinner table each night, cutting the grass on our 1.5 acre yard weekly as well as raking weekly during the fall. We also had a 1/2 acre garden which my brother and I were responsible for weeding, watering and harvesting. Also we made weekly garbage runs to the local landfill. And I went to school out of district so getting to and from school was an hour drive each way.

My first truck was an '89 checy s10 which I did all mechanical work on myself with guidance from a Hayes automotive book. I changed the oil regularly, changed all my own belts, brakes, switched out clutches, master cylinders, slave cylinders, etc. Once I even found out the hard way that a hole had rusted clear through the head gasket because when I flushed my radiator, it removed the rust and flooded my engine with the entire contents of my radiator. I had to remove my engine, clean out the entirety of it, replace the push rods, risers, head gasket and reassemble my engine.

And I know a lot of millennials who are very hard workers and very successful. I also know people in their 40s-50s who stay unemployed, live with their elderly parents, make their money via stealing and pawning other peoples shit, etc. Laziness and stupidity isn't generational, people of all ages will get away with what society and their families will let them get away with.
    Last edited by ChampionChains; 2017-12-09 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Quarter to 6 is a phrase used by idiots to sound smarter than actual intelligent people that simply say 5:45.
    If being wrong could be measured in weight, the amount of wrong in that claim would be equal to the total weight of this planet.

From what I can see the younger generation still has trouble pulling their pants up.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    If being wrong could be measured in weight, the amount of wrong in that claim would be equal to the total weight of this planet.
    Right? It's like someone never learned basic fractions and thinks that just because fractions leave them baffled, people who use them are trying to "outsmart" them

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Quarter to 6 is a phrase used by idiots to sound smarter than actual intelligent people that simply say 5:45.
    Unless you grew up using that time designation as a normal way of saying it. And a lot of people I know say it that way often.

Any particular reason that you're acting like an asshole about it though?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You don't have to change shit, that wasn't my fucking point, I am not your keeper, I just think when self important boobs say shit like 15 minutes till, when it is equally as easy to say 15mins until 7PM, they are doing it to facilitate more conversation and drama in their own lives, because not much is going on.

I mean at least if you didn't answer or said fuck off, that would be consistent with not really wanting to answer the question.
    Language evolves. Not being willing to change is a sign of low intelligence.

Deleted
    Why wouldn't they? There are analog clocks everywhere.
    Most watches are still analog, clock towers in cities are too, clocks at public transport stations etc.

And digital clocks have been around since the 1980's or something, right? Maybe even before that?

Deleted
    lmao this thread is more of a case of "american education" rather than anything regarding millennials

holy shit like not knowing what quarter to or half past means ahhahaha im dying over here
    Last edited by mmoc3ecdd17087; 2017-12-09 at 11:10 AM.

If one cannot figure how to read an analog clock ( specifically the one in the picture with the numbered indices) the problem is not the generation they belong to, it's that probably their brain hasn't fully developed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I am more concerned with my north american friends honestly needing to ask me what 17hrs is in 1-12PM
    Lmao. A few weeks ago I had to explain to my american friend what ''abdicate'' means....

I'm not a native speaker...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    This whole thread reads like "but entire generation wont know how to use the abacus or the slide rules wa wa wa w a wa wa wa w aw a ww a wa w aw wa w wa a wreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". Get over it.

Light bulbs have replaced candles. the world is okay.
    That's a really stupid comparison actually. It's been shown that teaching young children with abacus really improves their math skills.