Poll: Would you do it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I feel like you'd be one of the biggest, no offense, prison bitches because you didn't even try to read the original post. People in prison learn how to read very well. OP said it's 23 hours in solitary. How am I going to go around acting tough or keep to myself when I'm spending 23hrs in a pit? Your method is exactly what you should do in actual max security prison, but it goes to pure shit when being put in the hole for a year.

- - - Updated - - -

1 hour outside has nothing to do with how much I can talk to the guards or the other inamtes. What do like robots feed me in my cell? No humans talk to you while you're in the 23 hour cell? No inmates within miles of kites I could send out? That's not how it works. I'm talking to multiple humans a day for sure, if it has anything to do with how solitary actually goes down.

Turning a negative into a positive is what humans do best. Enjoy your shit time while I kick back watching projector screen movies in my cell waiting for the payday.

I didn’t mention no communication with the guards... You’re kept in a cage when allowed outside... I’m just saying you prob won’t be able to rely on prisoners to bribe...

Also, you already got $400K available for the bribes?

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    I didn’t mention no communication with the guards... You’re kept in a cage when allowed outside... I’m just saying you prob won’t be able to rely on prisoners to bribe...

Also, you already got $400K available for the bribes?
    I could give them my mmochamp account as collateral. This baby is worth at least a couple million in itself.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

do i get to bring books? if so, sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I could give them my mmochamp account as collateral. This baby is worth at least a couple million in itself.
    Now that's a good point!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    In a standard SHU? Sure. You are allowed books and no one is going to ask you to fix their shit every 20 minutes. It's basically $1M for 3 years of work where instead of working you read books and sleep

Yep. I can make that million grow and never work again.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Do I have a criminal record afterwards?
    No

/10char
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

1 mil is too little to justify going insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Deleted
    Not solitary, no. That would drive one insane.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    1 mil is too little to justify going insane.
    That is an overstatement. There have been numerous experiments proving that only unstable individuals might potentially be affected. Latest experiments (long distance space travel ones) placed individual people in a solitary (90 days) and a small group confinement for (500 days) with zero negative effects. You might really get bored, but if you have access to some reading material for example, vast majority of people would be fine mentally, the exception being ones who are pathologically afraid of being alone.
    PS. Yes, I would do it. It seems a decent return on investment of my time.

It really depends on the prison. Am I allowed to use the internet, library, gym etc? And do I get my own bed and toilet? If its one of these prisons where I get a ''present'' from behind when I drop the soap while showering... then no thanks. If its like living in a 2 star hotel in solitary without fearing the other inmates, then I might consider it. Its not like $1 million is even that much these days, raise it to $50 million and I would say I'm settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    That is an overstatement. There have been numerous experiments proving that only unstable individuals might potentially be affected. Latest experiments (long distance space travel ones) placed individual people in a solitary (90 days) and a small group confinement for (500 days) with zero negative effects. You might really get bored, but if you have access to some reading material for example, vast majority of people would be fine mentally, the exception being ones who are pathologically afraid of being alone.
    PS. Yes, I would do it. It seems a decent return on investment of my time.
    You made assumption on your own, this is not the same as the conditions OP described.

Even if it was regular prison, still 1mil is nothing for being held in for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    You made assumption on your own, this is not the same as the conditions OP described.

Even if it was regular prison, still 1mil is nothing for being held in for a year.
    Solitary confinement does include reading material, unless an inmate is being punished for some serious violation of prison rules. I do not see anything in the OP about just "dry walls 24/7", only solitary confinement. You must be thinking of a torture cell like this:

They are more of a museum exhibit and scary tales from half a century ago or more. Current solitary cells are more like this:

In case of a backward hell-hole where you still might find solitary torture chambers, in all likelihood they would just shoot you than keep you in it for a year. Also, most death row prisoners are being held in solitary. Some of them are there for a VERY long time (as in more than a decade).