View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    How do they have a common language, common religion, common traditions and common customs when they are made up of a bunch of people coming from different countries, with different religions, different traditions and different customs? Oh, by coming together and letting their nationality behind or put it in second place. Them being american was the only thing what they had in common once.
    They spoke English in a country that was governed by former British colonialists. In Rotterdam the Dutch speak Dutch, in Varna we speak Bulgarian.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    They spoke English in a country that was governed by former British colonialists. In Rotterdam the Dutch speak Dutch, in Varna we speak Bulgarian.
    Yeah, no, they didn't. That happaned over time, it wasn't and still isn't a requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Yeah, no, they didn't. That happaned over time, it wasn't and still isn't a requirement.
    What language was their constitution written in? Who governed the first "core" 13 colonies? It doesn't matter where the rest came from, they were already coming into an Anglo country and were being melted into it. The EU is a different case where you have countries with centuries of culture and national identity that are still sovereign and don't want to be melted.

15+ Year Old Account
    What language was their constitution written in? Who governed the first "core" 13 colonies? It doesn't matter where the rest came from, they were already coming into an Anglo country and were being melted into it. The EU is a different case where you have countries with centuries of culture and national identity that are still sovereign and don't want to be melted.
    Well but that is a choice, not a fact. If people don't want to be melted then so be it, but that the differences are just too much is ignoring reality.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Well but that is a choice, not a fact. If people don't want to be melted then so be it, but that the differences are just too much is ignoring reality.
    And it's a very important choice. You can't compare going to a foreign country because in that situation you will either have to assimilate or be stuck with the people from your own nationality with what we currently have in the EU. It's a slow process, don't rush it.

15+ Year Old Account
    And it's a very important choice. You can't compare going to a foreign country because in that situation you will either have to assimilate or be stuck with the people from your own nationality with what we currently have in the EU. It's a slow process, don't rush it.
    I agree that you shouldn't rush it. And the US started out with people from their own nationality sticking together despite being in a new country. A common language is what unites most, everything else comes after as people suddenly understand that they're not all that different after all.

As i said, you shouldn't look at other eu countries and see what you don't have in common, but what you do have in common.

I agree that you shouldn't rush it. And the US started out with people from their own nationality sticking together despite being in a new country. A common language is what unites most, everything else comes after as people suddenly understand that they're not all that different after all.

As i said, you shouldn't look at other eu countries and see what you don't have in common, but what you do have in common.
    That's the problem - not a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's the problem - not a lot.
    What traditions the dutch have that makes it impossible for you to form a stronger union with them?

What traditions the dutch have that makes it impossible for you to form a stronger union with them?
    The tradition of NOT eating pork jelly and drinking homebrew to wash it down. The tradition of NOT having horse and buggies on their roads.

7+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you should follow your own advice, and not look for differences.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think it is important to remember that we are at the beginning of a long road and what has apparently been agreed today is not necessarily how the final deal will look. With that said May is playing a game of politics and politics are often ruled by the heart rather than the head.
    These terms of the exit are the basis upon which any future trade deals are made. This isn't absolutely fleshed out and set in stone, but the general nature of the exit is decided now. There's no going backsies. So, no, this isn't the final deal, but this is one half of the final deal. How do people still not take the EU seriously when they say things like "first the exit talks, then the future trade talks based upon the exit conditions"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh yes it would, but as we make history with Brexit, in the past as in right now Britain has always been ahead of the curve. You can look at it as though we are selling boosts, get your "Escape the EU" AOC achieve before the next expansion, going right now. There is always one team/country/guild to defeat the raid first, the bads will just get carried along by us in the future, at a cost to them of course.....

The Grauniad is held up as a bastion of pro EU truthful light by the UK remainers and EU fanbois are you saying this from yesterdays edition is wrong and fake news?

Martin Schulz wants 'United States of Europe' within eight years

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...pe-germany-sdp

Am I and the guardian in describing him as Merkels no2 and the most powerful man in Germany wrong? If only this was known at the time of the Brexit vote it wouldn't have been 52/48 more like 99/1.

Looks like the clock is ticking on the end of the EU to me, eight years at the max I'd say.
    The Guardian is a British newspaper, so shite. And you obviously have no clue about... well, anything, so calling him "the most powerful man in Germany" is amusing, certainly, but quite untrue.

Also, literally everyone is contradicting him. His proposal is quite outside the possible and the desired.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The Guardian is a British newspaper, so shite. And you obviously have no clue about... well, anything, so calling him "the most powerful man in Germany" is amusing, certainly, but quite untrue.

Also, literally everyone is contradicting him. His proposal is quite outside the possible and the desired.
    Do you have any actual criticisms of the article other than "it's British so shite?" Bear in mind Dribbles is flat out lying when he says it calls Schulz Merkel's number 2 and the most powerful man in Germany.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    Perhaps you should follow your own advice, and not look for differences.....
    Did you follow the conversation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    I would just like to point out the hypocrisy in claiming the EU is anymore united than our Union.
    Going to point out that it is best to be silent on this matter since Flemish independence is going towards federalism and slowly becoming fully separated from the other regions however this will never happen one sided due to the complex issues surrounding it
    Also last but not least an independent Flanders is fully set on being part of Eu and pro EU also. So please don't buy into dribbles his nonsense as he really does not have a clue and neither do the clickbait sources he uses. Take that from an actual member of the n-va.

15+ Year Old Account
    The tradition of NOT eating pork jelly and drinking homebrew to wash it down. The tradition of NOT having horse and buggies on their roads.
    Wait, what? Them not having your traditions is keeping you from forming a stronger union? I don't get it. Also i asked for traditions they have, not some they don't. Anyway why is this a problem? Do you fear your traditions are going to vanish by forming a stronger union?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Do you have any actual criticisms of the article other than "it's British so shite?" Bear in mind Dribbles is flat out lying when he says it calls Schulz Merkel's number 2 and the most powerful man in Germany.
    Dribbles left the impression that the clickbait headline was from the Guardian. Skimming over the article, it seems it's really just Dribbles, go figure.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Wait, what? Them not having your traditions is keeping you from forming a stronger union? I don't get it. Also i asked for traditions they have, not some they don't. Anyway why is this a problem? Do you fear your traditions are going to vanish by forming a stronger union?
    Not really, I just can't see a modern nation like the Dutch having a village get-together because someone is slaughtering their pig. This isn't a stab at Bulgarians - we are what we are - this is me saying that we are different in our personal lives. We can still do business, conduct politics, etc. with each-other (i.e. have COMMON modus operandi and behaviour) but that's about it.

We have more in common with the Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Sweden and Germany, I will give you that.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

The very easiest way to resolve the impasse would be for Ireland to leave the EU, not going to happen? Let's see...
    what's easier (and likely), Ireland leaving the EU or NI leaving the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    what's easier (and likely), Ireland leaving the EU or NI leaving the UK?
    Given that there was a civil war that lasted for decades about which country NI belongs to, I think a lot of people would like to avoid more conflict on that issue...

20 years after the Good Friday agreement, train stations and airports are still really sensitive about unattended bags (one of the IRA's preferred methods of bombing somewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    It requires magical thinking to want to re-assert regulatory and customs autonomy, and then pretend there won't necessarily have to be a border.

I don't give a flying fuck about the color.
    I do care about the fascistic violent oppressive religion however - And that's ignoring other valid human capital concerns, housing, integration concerns, and so forth.
    So again, when the two groups approximate at all, this makes sense, but since they don't, it isn't.
    Why do you think that people who voted for Brexit are bothered about a border? Many of them could not care less if a border was erected.

It is more than a little ironic that you label Brexiteers as "...delusional crazies who don't accept mutually inconsistent things." and then go on list many of the reasons people voted for Brexit as valid concerns about a group of people you don't like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    These terms of the exit are the basis upon which any future trade deals are made. This isn't absolutely fleshed out and set in stone, but the general nature of the exit is decided now. There's no going backsies. So, no, this isn't the final deal, but this is one half of the final deal. How do people still not take the EU seriously when they say things like "first the exit talks, then the future trade talks based upon the exit conditions"?
    Nowhere did I mention anything about how serious the EU is or the order of the talks so I am, once again, left scratching my head as why you have replied to me.