Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I feel like them being cut off from Elune for all those years due to the bubble means they don't really worship her anymore like they used to, but they clearly haven't taken down the old Elune architecture on the statues and such. Nothing wrong with appreciating your old culture without still holding it in this case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Maybe they believe in Elune again after seeing the moon again...

What else would they worship (or start worshipping)?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Maybe they believe in Elune again after seeing the moon again...

What else would they worship (or start worshipping)?
    The god of arcwine
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Chronologically the shield was up before the temple was raised from the ocean floor, the temple that has been full of Ghosts, Naga and Demons for quite some time. Also Thalyrssa's voicelines in the Nightborne emissary questline show that she enjoys the familiarity of the Blood Elves patriotism and Rommaths appreciation of his people and their familiarity with addiction and their overall strength/conviction, she also seems to like the cultural independence the Horde gives to it's races whilst also being good at banding together at the same time. She didn't say anything about the Night Elves or Tyrande.

Also their is a Moonwell in Suramar. You actually help to set it up in a quest. It's a short walk away from the city. Not particularly far away for flocks of Nightborne who will now be leaving the city.

Yes Nobundo is a broken, he is the first shaman and he teaches both Draenei and Broken Shamanism with Velens approval. It's in game and in his short story. You clearly should read them. He can teach Shamanism regardless of the Draeneis connection with the Light. Nobundo's disconnection with the Light merely explains how he, the first Shaman came about.
    That doesn't mean she rejects Elune like the high elves did. The high elves did that to cut off anything night elven from themslevs, this obviously does not extend to the ngiht elf highborne who taught them reforging nor to the Moonguard or the Nightborne or the Farondis Highborne .. so don't listen to @Nathasil on that one.

Furthermore, You see Occuleth fondly remember the prayers to Elune that went up from Falanaar, and if you follow the MO of the nightborne they are very fond of the kaldorei traditions of the empire they fully continue to practice. Valtrois is quite fond and proud of her ancestry and for the nightborne it's like a missing part they'd more than happily reconnect.

The priesthood was completely intertwined with the arcane, and although many put more faith in the arcane than the goddess, only her dedicated had 100% faith, the people still believed. This belief was less strongly held amongst the highborne of which Azsuna ghosts are all, however Suramar is not all highborne - many nightborne in the city were non-highborne night elves. When asked of the relationship between the highborne and the priesthood - answer is "it's complicated" - you have to remember the arcane study arose from the priesthood studying the well and studying this new power we come to know as the arcane.

Also notice how enough temple ghosts also have mages amongst them, whiles they may not have officially been priests, some of the arcane wielding orders were either assigned to or loyal to the priesthood. The highborne were not the only arcane wielding group. The highborne are a caste, you would see highborne as blacksmiths, tailors, some would join the Moonguard and some would join the Temple Guard or whatever the name for the mage order associated with the temple.

Only the goddess' devoted had to sever all ties to everything. It is quite possible and it deepneds on how blizzard wirtes this one.

They probably do still follow Elune, but more culturally now than before. When they were trapped in the bubble, unable to see the moon or stars, they most likely gradually lost touch with Elune and turned more to Arcane for guidance. I guess they still respect and recognize Elune culturally, because of history, but I don't think she would have as much power over them anymore due to the 10,000 years without her presence.

The Temple of Fal'adora seems to still be a place that the Nightborne associate fondly with Elune. In the quest The Valewalker's Burden, Oculeth says:
    Chief Telemancer Oculeth says: Ah, the Temple of Fal'adora. Those halls once glowed with prayers to Elune.
    Chief Telemancer Oculeth says: I imagine it is less hospitable now. Hold still, I will get you out of there.
    This, at least, means that they acknowledge Elune's existence and some semblance of power.

However, Highborne (and former Highborne) in general still seem to believe in Elune, but they don't outright worship her. High Elves named their city after her: Silvermoon. Dath'remar Sunstrider did seem to have some respect for the goddess in the War of the Ancients - he saved Tyrande because she was the High Priestess, and would later found and name Silvermoon. There are other moon motifs in Quel'thalas as well. But, we've seen no evidence of any High/Blood Elf that actively worships Elune. Likewise, the Highborne of the Shen'dralar haven't had any mention of actively worshiping Elune. The closest we've seen is in the pre-Cataclysm quests introducing the Highborne and Sunwalkers, the leader of the Highborne was looking "longingly" at a moonwell - but more for the power within it.

Nightborne, meanwhile, don't have any temples in Suramar city itself. The closest were Fal'adora and the Tomb of Sargeras - which was originally connected to the Nighthold 10,000 years ago. But, even still, you'd think there would be smaller places of worship inside the city. There are moon motifs, just like in Quel'thalas, but Oculeth is the only one to speak about Elune (perhaps Thalyssra mentioned it once in regards to Tyrande?).

As a nation, no, it seems they are like the ancient Highborne, who may believe Elune exists, but they don't outright worship her themselves. Nightborne priests could be a smaller subsection that still openly worships Elune, however. There isn't really any reason why they can't or shouldn't - even with the shield up, they had an observatory to view other planets and celestial bodies. Or, they could go with the more "shadow" aspect of the Nightwell's former power, and (in lore) exclusively have shadow priests.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    They're probably SHADOW priests rather than Moon Priests
    No matter what they are, we could use informations what their priests believe in. Traditional Shadow Priests like the Forsaken and Void Elves? Holy Light? Elune? Loa? An'she? Tentacles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I don't think the Nightborne revere Elune in the same way that the Night Elves do, but she's still recognized and likely still has a priesthood centered about her in Suramar - it is likely a smaller following and lacks the political power that the Elunite priesthood in Darnassus has. Many of the Nightborne are probably agnostic and/or atheistic compared to the Night Elves, preferring to put their trust in the power of the Arcane (or previously the Nightwell) as opposed to a distant deity. But since much of the trappings of the ancient Night Elven empire is preserved in Suramar I would imagine the worship of Elune is another element that persists in a fashion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    The Temple of Fal'adora seems to still be a place that the Nightborne associate fondly with Elune. In the quest The Valewalker's Burden, Oculeth says:

This, at least, means that they acknowledge Elune's existence and some semblance of power.

However, Highborne (and former Highborne) in general still seem to believe in Elune, but they don't outright worship her. High Elves named their city after her: Silvermoon. Dath'remar Sunstrider did seem to have some respect for the goddess in the War of the Ancients - he saved Tyrande because she was the High Priestess, and would later found and name Silvermoon. There are other moon motifs in Quel'thalas as well. But, we've seen no evidence of any High/Blood Elf that actively worships Elune. Likewise, the Highborne of the Shen'dralar haven't had any mention of actively worshiping Elune. The closest we've seen is in the pre-Cataclysm quests introducing the Highborne and Sunwalkers, the leader of the Highborne was looking "longingly" at a moonwell - but more for the power within it.

Nightborne, meanwhile, don't have any temples in Suramar city itself. The closest were Fal'adora and the Tomb of Sargeras - which was originally connected to the Nighthold 10,000 years ago. But, even still, you'd think there would be smaller places of worship inside the city. There are moon motifs, just like in Quel'thalas, but Oculeth is the only one to speak about Elune (perhaps Thalyssra mentioned it once in regards to Tyrande?).

As a nation, no, it seems they are like the ancient Highborne, who may believe Elune exists, but they don't outright worship her themselves. Nightborne priests could be a smaller subsection that still openly worships Elune, however. There isn't really any reason why they can't or shouldn't - even with the shield up, they had an observatory to view other planets and celestial bodies. Or, they could go with the more "shadow" aspect of the Nightwell's former power, and (in lore) exclusively have shadow priests.
    I view it more as they believe but are not devoted followers. This was much the case of Kaldorei culture pre-sundering - whereas Elune worship may have dominated them when they first started studying the well, by the time they had reached their impossible heights, the goddess while acknowledged and revered, was like nature, second fiddle to the arcane power they wielded.

You still have people devoted to the priesthood where the goddess was number 1, and they were still respected, but it'slike the church post renaissance, in the sense that the word of the priest was no longer necessarily unquestioned, whereas the word of the scientis (the arcanist) was the most revered.

I would suspect his continued to be the case, the goddess still believed in and revered, but no devoted followers as no real priesthood, not a focused movement, but around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Seeing as how you make your Nightborne character after the events of Legion, it's perfectly fine for a Nightborne to be a Priest. Elune's temple is only a zone away.

Also how do Draenei Shaman make no sense? They even did a short story on Nobundo. Also, if you talk to him in game it tells you how he became a Shaman.

Also the renewal of the Sunwell after the raid restored the Light to the Blood Elves... Why should it have removed it? lol.

Also, Thalyrssa's reason for joining the Horde really has nothing to do with Tyrande or her opinion on the Arcane. It's explained in the Nightborne emissary questline why the Nightborne join the Horde.
    They gave up worshiping her, how would a bubble being brought down suddenly want them to worship a deity they gave up on? They obviously want to distances themselves from their Night Elven cousins...I doubt they'd suddenly take up worshiping the deity that the people they want to distance themselves from.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    The Horde stands against shadow magic.
    The irony is sweet. I thought the Horde used to call the Alliance "self-righteous". In fact, there is nothing more pretentious than exiling Void Elves. I guess that will inevitably build up the drama for the race.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The irony is sweet. I thought the Horde used to call the Alliance "self-righteous". In fact, there is nothing more pretentious than exiling Void Elves. I guess that will inevitably build up the drama for the race.
    The horde uses plenty of shadow magic, but nothing on the level of void elf. The void elves are considered too far gone, it is basically the same as a warlock who had succumbed to the will of the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The horde uses plenty of shadow magic, but nothing on the level of void elf. The void elves are considered too far gone, it is basically the same as a warlock who had succumbed to the will of the legion.
    Even then they weren't exiled from the Horde, just Silvermoon, and only because they were a threat to the Sunwell. Nobody in Orgrimmar or Undercity would care if an Elf practiced void magic.

I always thought that priests worship the Light (and sometimes void) and not the Elune (by that name i mean). It's like with paladins, they don't worship Elune but the Light. If it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lesny View Post
    I always thought that priests worship the Light (and sometimes void) and not the Elune (by that name i mean). It's like with paladins, they don't worship Elune but the Light. If it makes sense.
    Different races worship different things but they pull similar powers.

Blood elfs/Human/Dwarf/Gnomes worship the Light

Draenei worship the Naaru and the Light

Tauren worship the sun

Night elfs worship Elune

Trolls worship the Loa.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Different races worship different things but they pull similar powers.

Blood elfs/Human/Dwarf/Gnomes worship the Light

Draenei worship the Naaru and the Light

Tauren worship the sun

Night elfs worship Elune

Trolls worship the Loa.
    I don't think Blood Elves worship the light the same way the rest do. They channel it through the Sunwell.

Have the Night Elves not had enough taken from them or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Have the Night Elves not had enough taken from them or something?
    I feel bad for the Night Elves too but you can't exactly "take" a god from someone lol