View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think it is important to remember that we are at the beginning of a long road and what has apparently been agreed today is not necessarily how the final deal will look. With that said May is playing a game of politics and politics are often ruled by the heart rather than the head.
    If GFA and NI=UK is not up for discussion ? whole UK is bound by the single market and customs rules for years to come, unless NI is released from the iron bonds with britain. Brexiteers now have to kiss Arlene Foster's ass, yay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Not really, I just can't see a modern nation like the Dutch having a village get-together because someone is slaughtering their pig. This isn't a stab at Bulgarians - we are what we are - this is me saying that we are different in our personal lives. We can still do business, conduct politics, etc. with each-other (i.e. have COMMON modus operandi and behaviour) but that's about it.

We have more in common with the Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Sweden and Germany, I will give you that.
    Yeah but those things won't vanish just because you aren't a country on its own anymore. I mean even within our small country there are vastly different customs and they are still around despite being one nation, or part of another country, or occupied by 4 different countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    The tradition of NOT eating pork jelly and drinking homebrew to wash it down. The tradition of NOT having horse and buggies on their roads.
    Uh, my country is pretty small, we have different traditions from region to region, but that doesn't change the fact that we are a 900 years old nation. Local/regional traditions have nothing to do with country unity.

Nowhere did I mention anything about how serious the EU is or the order of the talks so I am, once again, left scratching my head as why you have replied to me.
    I forgot, you like to be obtuse. I shall clear it up for you:

I think it is important to remember that we are at the beginning of a long road and what has apparently been agreed today is not necessarily how the final deal will look. With that said May is playing a game of politics and politics are often ruled by the heart rather than the head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    These terms of the exit are the basis upon which any future trade deals are made. This isn't absolutely fleshed out and set in stone, but the general nature of the exit is decided now. There's no going backsies. So, no, this isn't the final deal, but this is one half of the final deal. How do people still not take the EU seriously when they say things like "first the exit talks, then the future trade talks based upon the exit conditions"?
    The underlined parts correspond to your implication that this is just the beginning of the road and that these conditions may not be final. I have told you that this isn't the beginning of the road, it is part of the road already. You're halfway down the road. I haven't said so explicitly by staying in your analogy, I have used different words, but the context is quite clear. I then proceeded to emphasize the point by saying that the general nature of the exit is decided now. This is what any future deals is based on. That is a direct reference to the second bolded part where you claim that this isn't how the final deal will look like. No it's not in that there's still trade talk to be done, but that trade talk relying on the basis of the exit talks is not altering the exit part.

Do you understand now why I replied to you?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I forgot, you like to be obtuse. I shall clear it up for you:

The underlined parts correspond to your implication that this is just the beginning of the road and that these conditions may not be final. I have told you that this isn't the beginning of the road, it is part of the road already. You're halfway down the road. I haven't said so explicitly by staying in your analogy, I have used different words, but the context is quite clear. I then proceeded to emphasize the point by saying that the general nature of the exit is decided now. This is what any future deals is based on. That is a direct reference to the second bolded part where you claim that this isn't how the final deal will look like. No it's not in that there's still trade talk to be done, but that trade talk relying on the basis of the exit talks is not altering the exit part.

Do you understand now why I replied to you?
    There is no implication that we are at the beginning of a long road or that what was agreed yesterday may not be what the final deal looks like as that is exactly what I wrote. However none of that implies anything you claim.

I find it simply staggering that at no point did it occur to you that trying to explain to me that I meant something entirely different when I wrote something would make you seem foolish. And once again you throw around insults - like a child -because you read something into a post that is not there.

I can only suggest that in order to avoid future cases of looking like an idiot that if you are unclear on what someone has written you ask for clarification rather making up you own interpretation.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Guardian is a British newspaper, so shite. And you obviously have no clue about... well, anything, so calling him "the most powerful man in Germany" is amusing, certainly, but quite untrue.
    Dribbles left the impression that the clickbait headline was from the Guardian. Skimming over the article, it seems it's really just Dribbles, go figure.
    That's just sloppy. Again, The man who could be Germany’s vice-chancellor within weeks http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...s-europe-2025/

Ah of course I forget yet another British source so shite. I forget your Britain = shit, Germany = great mantra sometimes :P I am sure it's not hard to find the exact same sourced from your local minority dialect, of course in English for the rest of the world, funny how German newspapers do that isn't it?

http://www.dw.com/en/spds-martin-sch...ope/a-41714365

So as i said, the most powerful man in Germany calls for the USE - short for useless by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    what's easier (and likely), Ireland leaving the EU or NI leaving the UK?
    Will there be an EU to leave if Germanys most powerful man gets his way?
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

There is no implication that we are at the beginning of a long road or that what was agreed yesterday may not be what the final deal looks like as that is exactly what I wrote. However none of that implies anything you claim.
    Those were your literal words. Perhaps choose your words more wisely next time.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Those were your literal words. Perhaps choose your words more wisely next time.
    I know they were my literal words; I wrote them - twice! Why? Because you are rude and cannot read?

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    That's just sloppy. Again, The man who could be Germany’s vice-chancellor within weeks http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...s-europe-2025/

Ah of course I forget yet another British source so shite. I forget your Britain = shit, Germany = great mantra sometimes :P I am sure it's not hard to find the exact same sourced from your local minority dialect, of course in English for the rest of the world, funny how German newspapers do that isn't it?

http://www.dw.com/en/spds-martin-sch...ope/a-41714365

So as i said, the most powerful man in Germany calls for the USE - short for useless by any chance?

They haven't even started coalition talks. Proclaiming him the second most powerful man in Germany is a bit premature. And British press being notoriously bad journalism isn't exactly my invention. Englishmen confirm this all the time. Perhaps you should talk to your fellow countrymen once in a while, there's a thing or two to learn from them.

And you fail to distinguish between political games and reality once more. Remember when we told you how the negotiations would go? And you'd come back with Johnsson's or Farage's one-liners about how "exit means exit" and "Britain's not going to pay a penny" or similar? See, you believe them like they are gospel. While everyone else knows that their statements contradict reality. And here we are, them being proven wrong. And now you pick a similarily stupid line from a German politician about uniting the EU into a nation and believe it as fact. I have to say, you are quite gullible if you believe every bullshit line that you hear. I think for you it's the more dramatic a statement is, the more truthful it sounds. That's a bit weird.

Schulz won't get his way. It's a stupid idea at this point. He knows it. Everyone in Germany knows it. And Germany isn't calling the shots. This is not a decision one country can make. Even if that country had a majority behind the idea. Which we do not. And the actual person in charge of Germany at this point, Merkel, has clearly refused any such notion of a united EU at this point in time.

So stop this nonsense. You're just trying to derail the discussion to avoid having to admit that literally everything you said was wrong and nothing you stand for is happening. The UK has caved, the UK will pay their share and the UK will follow EU rules for a bit longer than you'd like. Deal with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I know they were my literal words; I wrote them - twice! Why? Because you are rude and cannot read?
    Attacking me personally won't make you less obtuse.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever Germany's most powerful man or woman is, he will only be powerful in Germany. There is no chance in hell that such a man have any substantial power in France, Netherlands, Spain, Italy or any other 27 nations members of the EU.

He or she may find allies in those countries, but that's the whole point of the EU as a political union, everyone get to say something. Except the UK, apparently the UK chose the bitch status for a while.

there's a significant push by europhiles to make the entire continent of europe a federal state.

that is why i voted leave, Great Britain has to maintain it's sovereignty and it's pride.

i dislike what May has put forward as i would prefer Great Britain completely leaves the single market and customs union, but businesses are cucking her hard and forcing her to stay in otherwise they'll leave our Great Country for europe lol.

When your post contains more memes than actual arguments, you're probably not in the right place here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    i dislike what May has put forward as i would prefer Great Britain completely leaves the single market and customs union
    Yeah, and fuck the irish while you're at it. Great union you've got yourself there, must be awesome being a part of the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    They haven't even started coalition talks. Proclaiming him the second most powerful man in Germany is a bit premature. And British press being notoriously bad journalism isn't exactly my invention. Englishmen confirm this all the time. Perhaps you should talk to your fellow countrymen once in a while, there's a thing or two to learn from them.

And you fail to distinguish between political games and reality once more. Remember when we told you how the negotiations would go? And you'd come back with Johnsson's or Farage's one-liners about how "exit means exit" and "Britain's not going to pay a penny" or similar? See, you believe them like they are gospel. While everyone else knows that their statements contradict reality. And here we are, them being proven wrong. And now you pick a similarily stupid line from a German politician about uniting the EU into a nation and believe it as fact. I have to say, you are quite gullible if you believe every bullshit line that you hear. I think for you it's the more dramatic a statement is, the more truthful it sounds. That's a bit weird.
    We are only at the end of stage one of at least a three stage process. Britain is still not going to be paying a penny until everything is agreed, let's see. Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

Schulz won't get his way. It's a stupid idea at this point. He knows it. Everyone in Germany knows it. And Germany isn't calling the shots. This is not a decision one country can make. Even if that country had a majority behind the idea. Which we do not. And the actual person in charge of Germany at this point, Merkel, has clearly refused any such notion of a united EU at this point in time.

So stop this nonsense. You're just trying to derail the discussion to avoid having to admit that literally everything you said was wrong and nothing you stand for is happening. The UK has caved, the UK will pay their share and the UK will follow EU rules for a bit longer than you'd like. Deal with it.
    It isn't just Germany though is it, Schulz is mirroring the exact same scenario that his best buddy Macron suggested just a few weeks ago. So how strong will Merkel be when she has the weight of France lined up against her vision, in collaboration with the German vice chancellor, the second most powerful person in Germany?

The remain campaign told lie after lie and misinformation in the lead up to the Brexit referendum, pooh pooh no chance of the United States of Europe, no chance of a European Army, yet they all appear to be coming to pass. I am almost beginning to wish there was a second referendum, the remain side would get slaughtered.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

The remain campaign told lie after lie and misinformation in the lead up to the Brexit referendum, pooh pooh no chance of the United States of Europe, no chance of a European Army, yet they all appear to be coming to pass. I am almost beginning to wish there was a second referendum, the remain side would get slaughtered.
    And the Leave campaign was such a bastion of truth...

Deleted
    Since when Martin Schulz is Germany's most powerful man? Did you just jumped from an alternate timeline and got confused?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Yeah but those things won't vanish just because you aren't a country on its own anymore. I mean even within our small country there are vastly different customs and they are still around despite being one nation, or part of another country, or occupied by 4 different countries.
    Yes, I am all for this but realistically it's impossible to do it now because there are stark differences between the nations.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Deleted
    Great then, since the UK was the only obstacle to the further European integration that is on the table since the 1990s.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Uh, my country is pretty small, we have different traditions from region to region, but that doesn't change the fact that we are a 900 years old nation. Local/regional traditions have nothing to do with country unity.
    We are speaking about a UES. I understand the Serbs better than some Bulgarian regions but that doesn't change the fact that I have a shared history with those regions that goes back to 681.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Deleted
    We are speaking about a UES. I understand the Serbs better than some Bulgarian regions but that doesn't change the fact that I have a shared history with those regions that goes back to 681.
    Which, again, has nothing to do with a nation's unity. The UES is about nations' sovereignties.