Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Because purple skin somehow wont be harmful to the Alliance/Horde ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    . All the talk of how their thalassian elves could have a different model or be altered in some way and it would be fine has proven to be a lie. Once Blizzard went and did that, turns out that it wasn't good enough. Turns out what has always been wanted is a clone of a Horde race. Not even a 90% match will do!
    You dont understand that half of the high elven appeal is nostalgia and their background lore.. Void elves are nothing like that.
    Last edited by Andromedes; 2017-12-09 at 11:51 AM.

Necromancy isn't resurrection, it's reanimation.

There's a big difference.
    Not entirely. They described necromancy like a (lesser? direct?) derivation of shadow magic. If I remember correct, undead are just people with souls attached to bodies imperfectly, with shadow magic at its base.
    I'm not entirely sure, but there are people here who remember the whole story for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    You dont understand that half of the high elven appeal is nostalgia and their background lore.. Void elves are nothing like that.
    All their background lore is relevant as playing a Blood Elf.

All the nostalgia can be had by playing a Blood Elf.

What we have here is not nostalgia, but a deep revulsion at how the story progressed and caused them to switch sides.

This is, as always, not about the race but about the faction.

As i said, you dont understand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    Not entirely. They described necromancy like a (lesser? direct?) derivation of shadow magic. If I remember correct, undead are just people with souls attached to bodies imperfectly, with shadow magic at its base.
    I'm not entirely sure, but there are people here who remember the whole story for sure.
    Necromancy isn't about bringing people back to life though as the OP suggests. It's about reanimating their still dead forms, with or without their souls.

Resurrection restores them to full life.

- - - Updated - - -

As i said, you dont understand.
    Yes I do. I'm not the one incapable of following story progression.

You can't turn the clock back (you don't have a temporal discombobulator for one).

The Elves switched sides, and those who didn't are hopefully going to be slaughtered on the edge of Darkshore.

Deleted
    Elves should just be deleted from the game. They're literally all edgelords. These Void Elves just really do look pathetic, Blizzard are trying way too hard here to make an 'edgy' race.

Have you seen the US general forums? It's completely insane. The penny dropping with Void Elves has caused a lot of people to go into denial. All the talk of how their thalassian elves could have a different model or be altered in some way and it would be fine has proven to be a lie. Once Blizzard went and did that, turns out that it wasn't good enough. Turns out what has always been wanted is a clone of a Horde race. Not even a 90% match will do!
    It's just too much over all these years. High Elves are the BElf's. Blizz said this so many times, It's on the damm race description on the WOW page, what else they need to get that into their delusional heads!!!

Brick walls everywhere.. I guess i would recommend playing alliance side aswell, all the expansions until suramar campaign,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePallyRanger View Post
    Hi there,

I'm someone who for a long time has felt that High Elves should be playable or that the Blood Elves should have always been part of the Alliance. When Void Elves were announced, I was disappointed. However, as more stuff was released about them, they seem to have a lot of potential.

At BlizzCon, Ion Hazzikostas said High Elves wouldn't make sense given their small numbers. And that's a fair point. Yet Void Elves were officially described as a small crack group of Elves, if I recall correctly. Their numbers are probably no more, if not less than, the High Elves. So it doesn't make sense that they'd be an allied race going by Ion's logic.

But yes, Void Elves wouldn't really feel established (lorewise) as a race if they're extremely small in numbers.

Here's a crazy idea for them to have significant numbers. And I'd like to emphasize that nothing is set in stone, and that in a fictional world the writer can pull anything out their ass.

There could be a series of events in Quel'Thalas that leads to some sort of powerful Void entity or energies that somehow results in it bringing back many or all of the fallen High Elves (from when Arthas pillaged Quel'Thalas) back to actual life across the land, however, as a result of them being brought back from oblivion via void powers, they are now permanently Void Elves. In which the Blood Elves drive them out because they don't want them there, and they go join the rest of the Void Elves in the Alliance.

This would give them a massive population boost, and make them feel like an actual and established race.

Thoughts?

TL;DR: Have an event of sorts where all the High Elves slain by Arthas' rampage are resurrected via void powers, which also transforms them into Void Elves, and have them join the Alliance.
    Yeaaaaah no thanks. The in-game explanation that we're getting is far better than 'VOID ZOMBIEZ!'
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Because High Elves are too similar to Blood Elves and would be much more harmful to the Alliance:Horde ratio.
    Oh and a different skin tone makes a world of difference?

Especially since they still get their OP racials.

- - - Updated - - -

All their background lore is relevant as playing a Blood Elf.

All the nostalgia can be had by playing a Blood Elf.

What we have here is not nostalgia, but a deep revulsion at how the story progressed and caused them to switch sides.

This is, as always, not about the race but about the faction.
    Oh I can? So as a Blood Elf I can get those really nice soft baby blue eyes and I can run under the Alliance banner as a Blood Elf?

No? Sorry I guess you're wrong!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Oh and a different skin tone makes a world of difference?

Especially since they still get their OP racials.
    It’s more than just skin tone. Either way it seems the ‘skin tone’ alone has put off quite a few people or you wouldn’t still be begging for High Elves.

''They cant just give you existing race with blue eyes, here, take this repainted blood elves with different hairstyles and less class combinations''

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    ''They cant just give you existing race with blue eyes, here, take this repainted blood elves with different hairstyles and less class combinations''
    It looks like you are getting it.

Honestly at this point give blood elves the option to have blue or golden eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    It looks like you are getting it.

Honestly at this point give blood elves the option to have blue or golden eyes.
    And special eyes.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And special eyes.
    My brand!

/dramatic10
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post

Oh I can? So as a Blood Elf I can get those really nice soft baby blue eyes and I can run under the Alliance banner as a Blood Elf?

No? Sorry I guess you're wrong!
    You've as much right to play an Alliance blood elf as you do to playing a Horde Human, Dwarf, Night Elf, Gnome, Worgen or Draenei.

As for the blue eye colour I fully expect that to come with enhanced customization.

If the silver covenant isn't dead by that point (fingers crossed for a darkshore wipeout), it'll just be another nail in the coffin. Of course at this point there are so many nails in the coffin of the dream of Alliance High Elves it's almost more nail than wood.

Because purple skin somehow wont be harmful to the Alliance/Horde ratio.

What would be nostalgic for me would be if high elves were closer to our night elves, living in forests. I remember them as some archer units in the older warcraft games, maybe I was largelly ignorant of lore back then but elves had nothing to do with magic in my head until Kael in TFT (Yes, even the sorceress and priest units I didn't really associate with high elves so much as with Dalaran)

Where is my nostalgia? Not even the NPCs

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    What would be nostalgic for me would be if high elves were closer to our night elves, living in forests. I remember them as some archer units in the older warcraft games, maybe I was largelly ignorant of lore back then but elves had nothing to do with magic in my head until Kael in TFT (Yes, even the sorceress and priest units I didn't really associate with high elves so much as with Dalaran)

Where is my nostalgia? Not even the NPCs
    Some are, the Highvale Elves in the Hinterlands stopped practicing magic when the Sunwell was destroyed.