Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ghost Crawler at least attempted to understand every class though.
    That's not what people were saying when he was in charge. "Fucking GC not balancing fucking mages everybody knows he mains a fucking mage so he nerfs everyone but mages fuck GC only balances for his own class"

I don't like his face.

Is this the dev that was going on about “maybe we’re doing whats best for the game” after the negative feedback about WOD class pruning?

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    You sound rather.. Salty. You know he wasn't alone about changes, right?
    You know he was the Lead. Being the head makes you responsible for your team. He signed off and approved tthe changes. I would be happy if the got all new devs, ones that have passion for the game again
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    You know he was the Lead. Being the head makes you responsible for your team. He signed off and approved tthe changes. I would be happy if the got all new devs, ones that have passion for the game again
    Yes, I know he was lead but getting all new devs doesn't mean they have passion for the game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    That's not what people were saying when he was in charge. "Fucking GC not balancing fucking mages everybody knows he mains a fucking mage so he nerfs everyone but mages fuck GC only balances for his own class"
    Ha, I remember all that.

Actually, he seemed like a really bright guy.
    I see this as a loss rather than something good.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Again, as one of that tiny community's biggest advocates (along with Cali, BrewingScribe and Sunnier) at the time, that's a 100% not what happened. What he actually did was argue with a community of the bad Monks about a design that was engaging and unique with an excellent niche that probably stands as one of the best examples of what Tank design can be in WoW. And we all got that. The community just couldn't accept it because it deviated from the copy/paste design of every Tank except DKs. Regardless, Monks debuted as the best tank for M+ and (by 7.1) they were drawing even with Druids for best Tank and would remain strong throughout; despite having received very little iteration since Beta.
    Monk brewmaster got butchered during beta and went through several buffs and rotation changes when game was live so I wouldn't say they received very little iteration since beta.
    Wether or not you like the changes made to the class is up to the individual I personally enjoyed a lot more MoP and WoD Brewmaster monk.
    Blizzard buffed monks to god lvl up to patch 7.1 and even then I don't remember brewmaster have ever been considered the best tank for m+.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Difference is, that the playerbase is not in charge of doing gamechanges.
    Thank God we aren't...
    And now neither is he, so he fits right in

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or maybe after a 3rd person starts the position, people will realize it really wasnt ghostcrawler or celestalon working alone.
    Yeaaaaaa if you think the head guy doesn't have a larger endluance then the rest I don't know what to tel you. GC was nowhere near as bad as Cel was.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Yeaaaaaa if you think the head guy doesn't have a larger endluance then the rest I don't know what to tel you. GC was nowhere near as bad as Cel was.
    Yet again, behind the "head guy" doesn't mean he was the only one making these decisions. It also doesn't mean he could shove in whatever the hell he wanted.

Things will continue, same as they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet again, behind the "head guy" doesn't mean he was the only one making these decisions. It also doesn't mean he could shove in whatever the hell he wanted.

Words of truth, wasted on people who irrationally hate for the sake of hate because interwebs.

Also, its funny to see a bunch of people who routinely post rude/trolling-type shit complain that Celestalon was sometimes rude himself. I've spoken to him many times on social media (including DMs) and he was never anything but a gracious and patient person to me. But if I had a bunch of armchair wannabe-game designer morons telling me how retarded I was, how 'shit' my game is, etc... I'd reply in kind.

What you put out there will always come back to you. That's a concept that will go over most (but not all) of the heads in this topic, but its true.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-12-09 at 04:24 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Remember how we had this exact reaction when Ghostcrawler left, and now people miss him? Remember how we had the same feelings towards Celestalon when he came into the spotlight as we probably will with the next scapegoat?

Then thats really bad news for WOW because if it keeps going this way they wont have a player base left thats worth a damn
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Then thats really bad news for WOW because if it keeps going this way they wont have a player base left thats worth a damn
    Not really true, you have to look at the overall design then actually one person out of MANY devs on the WoW team. You're just looking for a scapegoat.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Was he responsible of the mess that is hunter now?

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Remember how we had this exact reaction when Ghostcrawler left, and now people miss him? Remember how we had the same feelings towards Celestalon when he came into the spotlight as we probably will with the next scapegoat?
    I don't miss ghostcrawler. He had a lot to do with the "bring the player not the class" philosophy that was one of the worst decisions in the history of this game. The fact that the devs are now trying to undo those changes further proves this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    Not at all sure what that has to do with anything. Anything at all.
    You can't see how Celestalon being bad at consumer relations has anything to do with people hating Celestalon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Celestalon and Dayani were the driving force behind Honor Among Thieves being changed in the middle of progression in WoD. Dayani was too lazy to heal rogues up to 10 Combo Points before encounters and privately complained to Celestalon about it. She literally couldn't be bothered to throw one healing rain down, and threw a fucking fit about it. Good ol boy Celestalon says he "can't stand that bullshit" either, and would get rid of Pre-pots too if he had the chance.

A+ birds of a feather.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Words of truth, wasted on people who irrationally hate for the sake of hate because interwebs.

Also, its funny to see a bunch of people who routinely post rude/trolling-type shit complain that Celestalon was sometimes rude himself. I've spoken to him many times on social media (including DMs) and he was never anything but a gracious and patient person to me. But if I had a bunch of armchair wannabe-game designer morons telling me how retarded I was, how 'shit' my game is, etc... I'd reply in kind.

What you put out there will always come back to you. That's a concept that will go over most (but not all) of the heads in this topic, but its true.
    Gee, ya think that all of the snark and pissy comments he made influenced people's opinion of him? Oh, but that's "irrational", right? We're just "arm chair wanna-be developers" because we read what he wrote, and formed opinions from it. Right? We can't have an opinion of his actual behavior, because we were all "retards" to him, right?

Talk about rude posts. Leave the kettle alone, pot.

Plus, your signature line says it all - you white knight Blizzard so hard, you have to defend yourself over it. Your post is not surprising, in the least.