Thread: Fuck mmo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    There is being "monitored" by the government which is what we all have to take and there is the "monitored" by a company that pretends to be our friend. FUCK MMO for being the later. They do not respect us at all and all we are are numbers in their database. Stop being naive. When a previously user friendly website turns to evil like MMO it is the user's duty to call it out. I AM SORRY THAT YOU TOOK PAYMENT FROM MMO. Fuck off or join. MMO's surveillance of users is not acceptable.
    Honestly I am curious... does paying for a premium account remove tracking? If it did, that would actually make it appealing enough for me to support them, even if adblock already removes tracking without extra help. I doubt their tracking is as evil as the quote I am posting but it does make me wonder if premium accounts at least block that as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Your life is too shit and boring to be of interest to anyone, let alone the government.
    Well that's not entirely true. As an individual, he is boring, but as a part of a larger society, he is worth tracking because he is part of a country that votes on their own political candidates.

Doesn't mean too much, though, as tracking is only really offensive when it identifies you as an individual. I don't enjoy targeted ads, which I don't feel really play a prevalent role in that kind of 'tracking', if it even does in fact exist.

Are you happy that you are served ads
    Ever since I started using the internet in 1996 I have ignored ads. No internet ad has ever made me buy anything. I guess I have a mind of my own.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...am I the only one here who expected something else from the thread title? >.>
    I expected a moronic thread about some made-up problem to follow. I wasn't disappointed. But while I type this I reallize that mybe my thoughts are not impure enough to follow what you were expecting =D

first: to a degree i agree to op. mmo champion had better times with looking less greedy.

but: look at wowhead. they even FORCE you to DISABLE the ad blocker. so, thats that.

overall, i cant tell much about how true is the need of ads. or better: how much money profit of them is really used for keeping the site alive and how much is just profit. i saw many sites, that even couldnt kept their stuff alive, just via ads, and the owners pay a lot of it by their own. on the other side, i saw also sites laughing about users while earning lots of money for nothing. cant tell what it is at mmoc.

what i personally find way more nazi on mmoc, is their ToC and their black/whiteish moderators, banning users or closing threads for harmless stuff (mostly when it goes against Blizzard) but allow absurd amount in the other direction. after 8-9 years being here daily, i can tell you for sure as hell, that either they are paid by blizzard, or have in mind „as long as wow is a success, our site and the ads are a success“ and support that, or they are just all horrible fan boys. either way its disgusting and naziish behaviour. and i say this, as a 13 year long term paying wow customer, without interruptions in sub. but thats just my oppinion. lets see if i get a ban for even saying this oppinion here.

so, since we cant know the real profits or motivation of ppl behind mmoc, your only two options are: use adblocker or dont use the site. in the end of the day, its mmoc‘s descission to offer what they want and how they want. and its yout descission to use it or not. the best you can do, to boycott them, is not using it. the less users that use mmoc, the less they make money with ads.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-12-09 at 01:03 PM.

Ads is here to stay. They work, they won't remove them. Websites like this need to get their money from somewhere. What you however can do. Is get the right tools to stop the ads. Ad blocker and a anti track extension and you come a far way

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...am I the only one here who expected something else from the thread title? >.>
    Had my lotion ready, was severely disappointed.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

So 2017 and people still complain about to many adds. Addons like ad-block have existed since about 2006, if you are complaining a decade later about to many adds you do not know how to use the internet.

Yeah, my adblock blocked 21 ads just entering this thread.

Ive said it a few times and ill say it again. This site is trash and a shadow of its former self. The news are dull and forced af, sometimes so hard that it just ridicules me. Adblock is a must if you dont want to get cancer from endless ads. And whoever it is that manages this site nowadays, they dont even compare to bou.

This site has fallen so hard.

tfw
    >use ublock, block everything
    >premium membership
    >block that too
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Adblock or premium. Or just, deal with it

Deleted
    They are simply trying to pay for maintenance cost and other various billing fees. Just ignore the adds man

10+ Year Old Account
    This site is the reason I installed an adblocker.

It's fine when you use one.

So pretty much:

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Adblock or premium. Or just, deal with it

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO champion stopped being a place you can discuss WoW about 7 years ago. All it is now is an advertising machine. I have blocked 47 adverts from this link and all I am trying to do is post an opinion. Why do we settle for this shit? Why do we settle for a website that is run by robots that is set on giving us ads? Are you happy that you are served ads and given the most basic of information? What value do the 30+ ads give to you to the information that is available on 37 other different websites.

MMO violates your civil rights (if you are american) and actively snoops on your activities (if you are not american). Tell me why you are OK with this. Why do you let MMO monitor your activities like this. I don't remember signing a ToA that said they could.
    If you are to rage and tantrum, could you at least do it in the right section? MMO-champion never stopped being a place you can discuss things.

I am intrigued to hear what civil rights they are breaking? For MMO-champion isn't the ones snooping on your activity more than what and where you post on the forum.

Else, if you don't use adblocker, please just leave the site, go premium or report the bad advertisements.

To note: Entering and commenting this post has blocked 8 elements. Please don't use the 'element' number as the amount of advertisements, it isn't.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What adds?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    If you want to start your own website you can post about whatever you want; that's free speech.

I'll 2nd that. Everyone is free to go build their own mmo news site and forums and let everyone around the globe have free access to it. Just remember uptime, bandwidth, and hosting is not free. Although you're free to go build your own server farm too! At a cost of course.

Anyone that seriously goes down that path sees exactly why you have to use ads of some kind. Most people do not want to pay for reading anything, forums or news, on the web. It's a challenge that every single site on the web faces. Wikipedia doesn't want to show ads so they have to ask for donations and even though that site gets heavily used by millions of people they still face challenges being funded.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    If you are to rage and tantrum, could you at least do it in the right section? MMO-champion never stopped being a place you can discuss things.

I am intrigued to hear what civil rights they are breaking? For MMO-champion isn't the ones snooping on your activity more than what and where you post on the forum.

Else, if you don't use adblocker, please just leave the site, go premium or report the bad advertisements.

To note: Entering and commenting this post has blocked 8 elements. Please don't use the 'element' number as the amount of advertisements, it isn't.
    +1 to the mods being questionable at times.

MMO champion stopped being a place you can discuss WoW about 7 years ago. All it is now is an advertising machine. I have blocked 47 adverts from this link and all I am trying to do is post an opinion. Why do we settle for this shit? Why do we settle for a website that is run by robots that is set on giving us ads? Are you happy that you are served ads and given the most basic of information? What value do the 30+ ads give to you to the information that is available on 37 other different websites.

MMO violates your civil rights (if you are american) and actively snoops on your activities (if you are not american). Tell me why you are OK with this. Why do you let MMO monitor your activities like this. I don't remember signing a ToA that said they could.
    Then stop using it?

Or by all means, spend the next 7 years bitching about it, similar to so many other members on here when it comes to WoW...

You know this thread is making MMOC money, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

You could just not visit it, you know.

The reason people come here is because there is an established base of forum participants so you can start a conversation about almost anything (just look at some of the off topic stuff) and get a convo going.

It's not free speech because they own the website. It is not a "public" place, so to speak.

They designed and built the website, they keep it updated (new info on front page everyday) and it has an active forum (the topics update almost every minute) with participants from all over the world.

Plus it is totally free.

I really don't see why you are hating because they run ads...... the website won't run on "the goodness from people's hearts."