Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Have the feeling that the horde in the BFA cinematic continued to fight out of fear if anything, and not because they were inspired. I mean she's quite terrifying, from nuking gilneas to going full lich king on Andorhal
    An'u belore delen'na

OK and your point is??

A man child leading the alliance, we saw how that ended the last time.

And its Warchief.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    This is all the quotes they offered me on live. I cycled through them 3x just to make sure.
    That's because the new ones aren't live yet. They're on the PTR.

Greetings
    State your business to your Warchief.
    I trust you will not waste my time.
    Come forward.
    Greetings, champion.
    Our true work is just beginning.
    There will be a new future for the Horde.
    Serve me well, and you will be rewarded.
    Pissed
    No doubt I am your favorite Windrunner sister. Right? …Right?
    I have taken note of your progress. It seems I may have to send you to Nathanos for remedial training.
    Did you think I would not notice the way you leer at my dark rangers? I suggest you keep your eyes- and thoughts- to yourself.
    Plans? Little old me? What sort of plans could I possibly have?
    Farewell
    Go. I have much to do.
    Serve the Horde. Serve me.
    We will bring the Alliance to its knees.
    I will grow the ranks of the Forsaken. One way or another.
    All will serve the Horde… in time.
    We will claim what is ours.
    The lifeblood of Azeroth belongs to the Horde.

It's also easy to tell which one is more interesting and has tons of story potential and which one is taken straight from those Disney movies we've seen thousand times already.

War Chief Sylvanas Windrunner:
    • "I have no time for games."
    • "We are the Forsaken. We will slaughter anyone who stands in our way."
    • "What joy is there in this curse?"
    • "What are we if not slaves to this torment?"

King Anduin Wrynn:
    • "Greetings friend."
    • "For the Alliance above all."
    • "Be vigillant."
    • "A just cause is always worth fighting for."

Yeah so hard to tell which sounds more like a mature, mentally stable, admirable leader who cares about all their subjects (not just their own sub-faction) and could inspire loyalty.
    Oh man, you're in for a treat in the comments. Well, you already largely are.

One does not simply indicate the e-lady is an unstable homicidal character and get away with it.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-12-08 at 11:55 PM.

If Sylvanas is going to reignite the faction war then my vote is on her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Deleted

King Anduin Wrynn:
    • "Greetings friend."
    • "Be vigillant."

Yeah so hard to tell which sounds more like a mature, mentally stable, admirable leader who cares about all their subjects (not just their own sub-faction) and could inspire loyalty.
    Sylvanas. There is nothing more mature than death and evil and darkness. We are the Forsaken! We are 15 and have no friends in school!

I think they are going to hook up at the end of this, see how she looked at him? They their love will cure the forsaken making them alive again.

What's the point of this thread really?

What do voice lines have to do with lore? Especially Sylvanas' voice lines that werent updated since Cataclysm?

7+ Year Old Account
    "The boy king serves at the master's table, three lies will he offer you."

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

King Anduin Wrynn:
    • "Greetings friend."
    • "Be vigillant."

LOL you're using click-the-NPC voicelines from 2004 and pretending it's the BfA story for 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Both inspired their troops in the BFA cinematic.

Also you left out some of her new phrases which are in her 7.3.5 dialogue, which include “For the Horde”
    It's funny it took being Warchief for Sylvanas to give a shit about the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    LOL you're using click-the-NPC voicelines from 2004 and pretending it's the BfA story for 2018?
    Considering that's about how far Sylvanas has progressed from 2004?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Plot plot plot, random whispers and plot.

The vagueness to 'the boy king' could very well be Magni's soon to be born grandchild or one angry black dragon.

Just seems silly to take at face value what is essentially an old god spouting meaningless half truths as plot breadcrumbs. Like extrapolating the plot of Naxxramas from C'thun's whispers because it mentions death.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    It's funny it took being Warchief for Sylvanas to give a shit about the Horde.
    That's Vol'jin's genius master stroke. He basically forced Sylvanas and Forsaken into taking central stage within Horde!

Sylvanas is someone who conquer's first, then leads second. That's going to kill her.

Meanwhile, Anduin is both a Leader, as well as (Sometimes) a conqueror (Though, he conquers things in different ways, as he's more diplomatic than anything else).

We grew up with Anduin, so we know just how much our little King has grown, throughout the years. It was worth it.

Meanwhile...ehhhhh...

Sylvanas should've stayed dead after Wrath. I have a feeling that she'll die in this Expac, resulting in 3 Dead Warchiefs over the course of 3-4 Expansions.

People that are looking for reasons to swear their loyalty to an imaginary character in a video-game are the ones in real need of a good dose of "mature, mentally stable, admirable"ness.

Sylvanas is no different now than before. Though, just now, there's no Lich King to kill.

Also, Anduin's Voice Files are new. They're his 2016-2017 Legion quotes, yes? Also, Sylvanas does have new Voice Files (As leaked from 7.3.5), though....it's not much different other than "For the Horde. All will serve the Horde in due time", and so forth. She's acting like a Savage Warchief, when...in reality, being savage and all conquering's going to get her killed in the end. Hell, I don't even think she has that many Military strats. If anything, I think the other non-warchief Leaders are going to do MORE than her, when it comes to the chain of command.

At least with Anduin, he sounds like a young, modern esc, diplomatic King. He has that tone of Leadership within him, yet he sometimes has his Father's Military Command and shit. He sounds like a Leader, and he's going to act as one. Hell, even in the cinematic, when the odds were against him, Anduin STILL did not give up, and decided to either Heal up his wounded, or Ress up his dead. Infact, even BEFOREHAND, Anduin still tried to fight back, despite him not ever being good with a blade, like....AT ALL!

Sure, Sylvanas decided to help, but throughout the time the Horde decided to fight back and die out, she just stood there. It wasn't until the Alliance were marching Forward, when she decided to act. Yes, it was amazing, but it wasn't all that effective. I mean, Anduin healed up/ressed his fallen Brothers, Sylvanas pretty much started the whole thing by burning Teldrassil, and...well...her "allied" races don't make much sense either. Unless you're a Highmountain Tauren, it'd feel OOC if you were a Nightbourne helping the Horde, or it'd be very much OOC to side with the faction that took down Lei'shen, and shit.

At least the Alliance Allies make sense. Turalyon and Alleria very much hate the Horde (And yes, they do hate the current Horde as well, as seen from the Sunwell, and shit), and well...Moira's pretty much EARNED her place in the Alliance. She helped Varian back in MoP, Anduin helped her from getting killed by Varian back in Cata, she's been shown to have been a very strong daughter/leader by Magni, and she's...well...a fucking badass.

Not saying the Horde sucks or anything. But, in terms of BFA, they're really fucking confusing right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Sylvanas is someone who conquer's first, then leads second. That's going to kill her.

Meanwhile, Anduin is both a Leader, as well as (Sometimes) a conqueror (Though, he conquers things in different ways, as he's more diplomatic than anything else).

We grew up with Anduin, so we know just how much our little King has grown, throughout the years. It was worth it.

Meanwhile...ehhhhh...

Sylvanas should've stayed dead after Wrath. I have a feeling that she'll die in this Expac, resulting in 3 Dead Warchiefs over the course of 3-4 Expansions.
    Yeah, he conquers things with gifts and presents, as well as kind words. What a lovely character he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    This ignores the fact, that Anduin and Sylvanas each lead different people. The values of the Forsaken and the values of humans is not the same
    Actually, it kind of highlights that fact. Horde are the kind of people who want a leader to say the things Sylvanas says, apparently, while Alliance are the kind of people who want a leader like Anduin. With exceptions on both sides, because no leader enjoys 100% support (without mind control).

- - - Updated - - -

I clicked these voice lines on December 8, 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    People that are looking for reasons to swear their loyalty to an imaginary character in a video-game are the ones in real need of a good dose of "mature, mentally stable, admirable"ness.
    lol ~ It's a game of let's pretend. My toons swear their loyalty to in-game characters, while I am playing (pretending to be) those toons. I haven't sworn loyalty to anyone outside my family in quite some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Blizz does with that. Void whispers are always half-truths designed to mislead. I don't know what they have planned, but in the end we will find those words both true AND misleading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    What's the point of this thread really?

What do voice lines have to do with lore? Especially Sylvanas' voice lines that werent updated since Cataclysm?
    The people who create the lore and the people who write the voice lines are presumably coordinating their efforts. That's why Anduin doesn't welcome us to Undercity (yet).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Oh man, you're in for a treat in the comments. Well, you already largely are.

One does not simply indicate the e-lady is an unstable homicidal character and get away with it.
    Ikr?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Sylvanas. There is nothing more mature than death and evil and darkness. We are the Forsaken! We are 15 and have no friends in school!
    Sylvanas needs to make friends with the leader of the DK order hall. Lich King has raising new Death Knights - including Nazgrim - and we don't even need no stinking Valkyrie.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

uhh.. okay? what's the point of this thread?

I don't want Sylvanas to be some self-sacrificing, altruistic, quasi-Jeebus figure. That's an Alliance leadership fantasy. A boss doesn't have to be your best friend to be a good boss. Our interests are aligned, she has reasons to fight for the Horde and kicks ass while doing it. That's good enough for me.
    Last edited by ello; 2017-12-09 at 07:04 PM.

I clicked these voice lines on December 8, 2017.
    And on the next day you learned the term "outdated"