Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ah ah...ah

Nice joke.

LFD is the entire reason why people dont level in the world. Are people actually serious when they say otherwise?
    We gonna pretend that people didn't dungeon grind before LFD, are we?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    Once classic launches. Blizzard will realize the mistakes they have made with certain changes to the game.
    Yeah... this is not true at all

- - - Updated - - -

Ah ah...ah

Nice joke.

LFD is the entire reason why people dont level in the world. Are people actually serious when they say otherwise?
    LFD is still a choice. When you queue for one and complain about it then the blame is all on you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    LFD is still a choice. When you queue for one and complain about it then the blame is all on you
    Arrrrrgh ffs, is everyone on drugs?

It's not a choice, it's the optimal way of things. It's just like flying.
    People will always fly if that option is available.
    The same way people will always do LFD becase is the optimal way of things

The world is empty because of it. How can people say otherwise? I dont understand.

The world is empty because of it. How can people say otherwise? I dont understand.
    It is a choice when I level a character I tend to only do each dungeon once for the quests and spend most of time actually questing.

You have the option of not queuing until you discover the dungeon. Do that if you want. Stop requesting arbitrary limitations for everyone else because you have no self control. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    It is a choice when I level a character I tend to only do each dungeon once for the quests and spend most of time actually questing.
    But is the choice of most resistance. You are one in a million. You are a roleplayer of sorts.
    People dont level by quests anymore. I'm 100% sure.
    I've experienced it in my roleplay adventures in Duskwood, no one is there, and the ones there are spaming LFD in the main village.

edit: How many other people have you encountered doing quests in the world like yourself? Yeah...

But is the choice of most resistance. You are one in a million. You are a roleplayer of sorts.
    I've experienced it in my roleplay adventures in Duskwood, no one is there, and the ones there are spaming LFD in the main village.
    Didn't you quit WoW and go to FF14?

Dungs are the best way to level there too, they weren't at the very beginning, but sqex changed it in heavensward(?), might be wrong about the period when it's changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Didn't you quit WoW and go to FF14?

Dungs are the best way to level there too.
    I've never played FF14, you are confusing me for someone else
    I'm roleplaying in a RPPVP server right now and i am experiencing the "LFD drama" that no one is leveling in the world.

Ah ah...ah

Nice joke.

Player will ALWAYS choose the fastest/optimal option.

Even if all zones gave equally the same exp, people would do the zones that could be done faster.Ignoring the rest of the world.Would you blame those zones as well?

If Bgs gave 1-2 levels every fight, wining or losing, no one would bother with dungeons/quests.Are you going to blame pvp as well?

sorta but not really.
    I'll agree that it's optimal to some extent, in certain places.
    Nagrand and early HFP are > spamming dungeons.

And the world is *always* "empty" in non max level zones. Barrens was as dry as it is now as it was during WoTLK before dungeon finder.
    Now imagine zones like hinterlands and badlands where people rarely went there when it was "current" content.

It's not *the* cause but it's one of the several causes

I've never played FF14, you are confusing me for someone else
    Ah, yeah, you're waiting for Classic realms, how could I forget. And you aren't going to play BfA either, so why are you complaining about levelling now?

Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    Once classic launches. Blizzard will realize the mistakes they have made with certain changes to the game.
    I think it's far more likely people will realise why those changes were made to begin with. LfD is definitely one of those.

Removing LfD will just make people sit in cities even more, because it's the only way of getting a group. It's not going to make anything better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    We gonna pretend that people didn't dungeon grind before LFD, are we?
    Well, anybody arguing against it also always pretends that people didn't sit in capitals before it was introduced. Even though people spend less time in capitals now than they did back in Vanilla-WotLK.

Because my guild and I are a living example of not doing LFD. You are not forced to do this things. If others choose to fly then let them. This is something you might not ever understand

Yay, another thread by someone totally lacking in impulse control claiming that a choice isn't a choice because one thing is better than another.

You know, almost 100% of all choices faced by humans have one option being at least a little if not a lot better than another and most people still understand what it means to make a choice.

Forcing everyone to level the way you prefer so you can see other people isn't going to happen so get over it and stop trotting out this false argument that no one anywhere could ever choose something they like over something more efficient or more rewarding or what the fuck ever.

If you like something better and choose something else, then you're lying to yourself or to us. I care not which it is but stop already with this horseshit. If zones are empty now with crz and sharding then it speaks mostly to how few people are levelling anything at all and how few care to level via questing, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    See I like this post because of a few things.

1. Blizzard wants to change the leveling experience for new players
    2. Blizzard wants you to be able to experience the zones

I just hope they make changes to the adventure guide which tries to funnel you into dungeons right when you hit level 15. Dungeon experience is extremely accelerated (1 run at level 15 with quests + heirloom gets you to level 18 or so)
    >>Blizz should stop pushing new players into dungeons because the xp is too good with heirlooms

??????????

You realize new players can't get heirlooms right?

- - - Updated - - -

edit: How many other people have you encountered doing quests in the world like yourself? Yeah...
    Quests only? No. But I do quest while leveling plenty, especially post-classic when dungeons only give maybe a third of a bar.

Also as for

>>LFD is the entire reason why people dont level in the world. Are people actually serious when they say otherwise?

No, the reason people don't level in the world is because dungeons give xp quickly, and quests don't. The answer to that is not to remove LFD, that's not the problem. The answer is to balance the xp given so that quests in the world give roughly the same amount of xp per time invested as dungeons do.

Well, you are wrong. I have levelled more than 5 toons post LFD and I do see people in the world. Not many but they are there. There were not that much more people levelling before LFD anyway.

To be honest, one reason why there are not that many people in the world is simply not that many people likes to level a new toon. Removing LFD will not suddenly cause more people to be in the world.

Ah ah...ah

Nice joke.

Or maybe people don't level in the open world because the open world is slow, boring, and unrewarding. Or...I don't know...it couldn't have ANYTHING to do with the simple fact that a vast majority of the gameplay is centered around level cap progression, often locking abilities, talents, and entire builds behind being max level. Why would anyone want to rush to get there as fast as possible. Gosh! Who knows!?!

But by all means, continue to scapegoat LFD.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-12-09 at 07:35 PM.

Ah ah...ah

Nice joke.

No joke. Entirely Serious.
    I also avoid flying mounts on certain characters cause I get tired of Dragons.

This isn't a raid or dungeon or group content. You don't have to be optimal rofl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Or maybe people don't level in the open world because the open world is slow, boring, and unrewarding.
    But by all means, continue to scapegoat LFD.
    Slow boring and unrewarding...because LFD exists. That option exists and is totally overpowering any other ways of leveling.
    I agree this is a game with 110 levels. This had to happen because of the nature of the game. I can see that.
    But this is "world" of warcraft. Not "instance" of warcraft.
    I feel sorry for new players who did not experience the epic leveling system of Vanilla and TBC with lots of friendly encounters in the world. Those times were epic.
    I remember doing several low level characters just for the "feels" of meting new people in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    To be honest, one reason why there are not that many people in the world is simply not that many people likes to level a new toon. Removing LFD will not suddenly cause more people to be in the world.
    Oh there are low levels. Just press /who and search yourself in your server.
    There are plenty of low levels.
    The problem is that they are all spaming LFD and completely avoid the world because thats the optimal way of leveling.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-12-09 at 08:37 PM.

Slow boring and unrewarding...because LFD exists. That option exists and is totally overpowering any other ways of leveling..
    You do realize you can level with Bgs, and its a valid option?If you win you got a leve/70% of a level while if you lose you win 30-40%.