Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Small things you'd do to make GW2 better.

Greetings champions! Good to see you all, as always!

So, I've been thinking. GW2 is a BIG game. There's lots to do, to see and to play, and that's great but, as with any game, GW2 is not perfect - far from it. Yet we can still polish the game in the big and small areas to make it a better game.

What small things would you change or add to the game to make GW2 better?

By "small", I mean, either quality of life or interesting small additions that are either underimplemented or absent in the current game.

My suggestion: Add more 'text' to the game, but only for NPC's in the maps, to make the game feel more alive. For example, in this map, I found this guy at the top of a tower with a mirror. I'd like to know what the mirror is, or what he's doing there, but nope, zero dialog. Would be nice to see more NPC's with dialog in the game.

More wardrobe slots.
    For Fashion Wars 2, it's really disappointing that we can't save more outfits. Even in LotRo I can change on the fly.

More ways to obtain gear with expansion prefixes than just crafting.
    Bags with more than 20 slots not being strictly soul bound/account bound.
    Trait presets.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    would like a skill/talent templates. they seem to have this added already when you go switch to PvP or WvW as it loads your pvp build

Yeah, a gear/spec storage/swap system would be nice, though I rarely change things anyway.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Yeah, a gear/spec storage/swap system would be nice, though I rarely change things anyway.
    I only want one thing: to set a weapon as "default" when I change specs. Having to change to a rifle everytime I pick deadeye is annoying.

Deleted
    Yes yes yes i know this comes up alot of times,but i would like some freedom in the ui via addons,like WoW. In my opinion,one of the reasons that made wow so succeful was that community was improving the game day by day. Many addons,blizzard have baked them into the game.

Things I would like to get improved are:
    1.The skill bar is way down at the botton,I would like to have an option to place the skills higher up the screen.
    2.Boon timers and "boon bar" scaling. Way too small and really hard to time things without an actual number
    3.The thing I hate the most in the game is the font of the nameplates and the nameplates themselves. Also fonts in general. WoW has a font folder that you can place inside whatever font you want.

While I'm not in favor of add-ons really, since I'd prefer the core experience be provided by the game, I wouldn't mind more adjustability in the UI.

#2 did remind me of something that bugs me, and hell, maybe it's in the game already and I just haven't noticed the option. I'd like for boons/conditions to be static on the bar to some extent. Especially permanent ones, should be front and center and not bouncing all over the place. Many times the boss has some invulnerability that is only expressed on a tiny boon icon that skips all over as you add conditions. Hard enough to see during combat, let alone when you're trying to mouse-over a bouncing icon.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."