Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Where the fuck can you bet on WoW WF?
    You could bet on it at Bet365 (https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images...cfed13928f.png). Ofc betting closed once the instance was released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaz View Post
    You could bet on it at Bet365 (https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images...cfed13928f.png). Ofc betting closed once the instance was released.
    That allows for all kinds of shadiness given it isn't even an officially sanction event or competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Metaz View Post
    I have never visited any betting site on my life but is that 15 000 to one for limit Oo? Can't be that high...

I mean throwing world first for that kind of money would be no-brainer considering most raiders are students/jobless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    I have never visited any betting site on my life but is that 15 000 to one for limit Oo? Can't be that high...

I mean throwing world first for that kind of money would be no-brainer considering most raiders are students/jobless.
    Those are US odds.

You get 12500 $ of profit for a 100 $ bet

Deleted
    That allows for all kinds of shadiness given it isn't even an officially sanction event or competition.
    Yeah, that's my point. As soon as I heard you could bet on the World First race I laughed. There's NO WAY to monitor the teams (except the devs, but why would they care?) and see if they're actually trying to win and get first place.

For all we now Method and Exorsus are AFK and hoping Limit to claim World First, assisting them with tactics and hope the other Guilds doesn't manage to kill it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Sloot's mods ban people for pointing out that everyone in the guild has low IQs.

Just listen to their discussion after a few pulls, it's like a first grade special ed class.

If this group can do 9/11, I'm confident anyone can.
    Was the same during ToS.

Its what happens in any raid group where some people (rightfully or not) think of themselves as better and that the guild should be doing better then it is.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by kordoles View Post
    yeah, that's my point. As soon as i heard you could bet on the world first race i laughed. There's no way to monitor the teams (except the devs, but why would they care?) and see if they're actually trying to win and get first place.

For all we now method and exorsus are afk and hoping limit to claim world first, assisting them with tactics and hope the other guilds doesn't manage to kill it first.
    but what if they are both trying to lose to scoop up bets?

Deleted
    The things you bet on don't have to be official sanctioned events or competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kordoles View Post
    Yeah, that's my point. As soon as I heard you could bet on the World First race I laughed. There's NO WAY to monitor the teams (except the devs, but why would they care?) and see if they're actually trying to win and get first place.

For all we now Method and Exorsus are AFK and hoping Limit to claim World First, assisting them with tactics and hope the other Guilds doesn't manage to kill it first.
    Looking at Blizzards actions in the past, I could well see them take action against guilds if they tried this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    but what if they are both trying to lose to scoop up bets?
    Both as in Method and Exorsus? Yeah. that's what I meant. I actually believe they're "trying" to loose on purpose to let Limit win, maybe Limit is in on it, who knows. There's a lot of money involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Looking at Blizzards actions in the past, I could well see them take action against guilds if they tried this.
    Tried what? Loose on purpose? The guilds could still pull the boss but play really bad and not actually trying to progress. How could Blizzard tell the difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Sloot's mods ban people for pointing out that everyone in the guild has low IQs.

Just listen to their discussion after a few pulls, it's like a first grade special ed class.

If this group can do 9/11, I'm confident anyone can.
    Raiding a lot of hours + semi-competent players and you can easily do 9/11.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Kordoles View Post
    Both as in Method and Exorsus? Yeah. that's what I meant. I actually believe they're "trying" to loose on purpose to let Limit win, maybe Limit is in on it, who knows. There's a lot of money involved.

Tried what? Loose on purpose? The guilds could still pull the boss but play really bad and not actually trying to progress. How could Blizzard tell the difference?
    See I wonder if Blizzard could see the difference between their usual play and playing 'really bad' considering they watch them every race...

Ofc if they don't find out they won't do anything. But if they suspected it? yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
    If you please...
    There's a mythic only phase.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

blizzard cant ban you for just zooning in and afk on the last boss of a raid, or it is on the TOS? i think they dont mention WF race there

Deleted
    See I wonder if Blizzard could see the difference between their usual play and playing 'really bad' considering they watch them every race...

Ofc if they don't find out they won't do anything. But if they suspected it? yeah.
    Possibly, but there's a lot of other stuff they could do as well to halt progress. Longer foodbreaks. Sleep one or two extra hours. Three hour "tactic-talk". The guilds also have an upper hand against Blizzard with their communication. They can mid-fight order people to do stuff just to throw away that pull. There's almost no chance to actually prove they're trying to kill the boss.

" - Hey, healer, you'll "forget" to use Spirit Link this pull, alright?"

I think they have their lawyers done some clause in which they can do anything they want when real money and betting is involved.

At most however they can permaban their accounts.(Depending how much money is in case, not bad loss. Unless you are really fanatic about your characters and achievements) However I think betting firms also can "void" some bets when they are going to lose money due bullshit reasons I assume, I mean most of those are already in legal grey area.
    Last edited by Thokri; 2017-12-09 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thokri View Post
    I think they have their lawyers done some clause in which they can do anything they want when real money and betting is involved.
    Can they really if they have nothing to do with the betting site?

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    blizzard cant ban you for just zooning in and afk on the last boss of a raid, or it is on the TOS? i think they dont mention WF race there
    Blizzard doesn't need a reason to ban you so yes.

Deleted
    In my country some football teams went against the local betting company so they wouldnt compete in their bets. Is it legal to put up an event for betting without asking the hosts? In any case, when money is involved in an event(especially as a betting) corruption will occur most probably.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawntage View Post
    The things you bet on don't have to be official sanctioned events or competition.
    That's the only bet of that sort I could find on that website though.