Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    That "Forsaken" is a female Dark Iron Dwarf...
    So she is! I just thought her feet were going off-screen behind the frame. I retract that portion of my statement.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vondoo View Post
    Moira isn't even a dark iron dwarf, she's a bronzebeard married into a dark iron dwarf family.
    I know that. But she is their representative/racial leader is what I meant. I'd argue if her last name wasn't Bronzebeard the importance of Dark Iron goes way down even more than it already is. They'd be no more than the Defias Brotherhood or Bloodsail Buccaneers. Just really well known recognizable enemies from WoW without a ton of lore. Moira is what takes them to the next level and puts a bit of a spotlight on them but even then Moira aint that big of a deal herself. It's just her last name that is the big deal.

I guess that is the one thing I am a little excited for is maybe the Dark Iron and Moira can actually have some real story now. Also, I think for the first time in a faction we have 2 racial leaders that are family. Muradin is Moira's Uncle and he is obviously leading the Bronzebeard Dwarves so I think there is some interesting story there to be told. Also, the Dwarves now have double the power they had before in the Alliance which is nice. I guess the closest thing to family leaders I can think of is Sylvanas and Alleria now both being racial leaders but they are on separate factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Wildhammer fit the Horde best, they’re getting no development on the Alliance.
    They are already as Alliance as it gets. Falstad Wildhammer is one of the Council of Three w/ Moira and Muradin. Kurdran Wildhammer would never join The Horde.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-12-09 at 03:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    If that's not enough to justify them as a separate allied race, then maybe Highmountain Tauren or Lightforged Draenei shouldn't be either.
    no, its not enough, again, you need to come up with lore to support new racials like the others( the thing you quoted don't support new racials) is lame as fuck put a allied race exactly the same.

Like i said, its better to have the option, to be wildhammer dwarf (cause is literary just tttos) than wait to then come as allied race

can't understand this boner for allied races, if you have a tattoo, BOOM new race, new color BOOM another new race, a different eyebrown BOOM another new race

like, not everything need to be allied race, widhammer are alliance since what warcraft 2-3, you can always RP as one, jut without tattoos( actually the Marjory of dwarfs shaman come from the wildhammer clan, so, you actually already can play with then) give then this option and we are done, the spot of allied race could be to something more unique

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    wildhammer skin should be enabled on the creation menu for dwarfs, put the option to use tattoo and you have a wildhammer dwarf

cause there is no reason or sense to put then as allied race
    Why would a Wildhammer Dwarf have the same starting zone as the Bronzebeard Dwarves? They aren't even from there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Why would a Wildhammer Dwarf have the same starting zone as the Bronzebeard Dwarves? They aren't even from there.
    why he would not have? they fully joined the alliance in cata, they can totally go to ironforge to start his journey there. Again every dwarf shaman could be a wildhammer dwarf

5+ Year Old Account
    why he would not have? they fully joined the alliance in cata, they can totally go to ironforge to start his journey there. Again every dwarf shaman could be a wildhammer dwarf
    The Wildhammer Clan don't live in Dun Morogh. Just Falstad because he's their representative. They live in Aerie Peak/Hinterlands. It makes no sense for them to be there. Also, I don't think their Gryphons would be too happy with that weather either.

7+ Year Old Account
    The Wildhammer Clan don't live in Dun Morogh. Just Falstad because he's their representative. They live in Aerie Peak/Hinterlands. It makes no sense for them to be there. Also, I don't think their Gryphons would be too happy with that weather either.
    so you think is impossible a dwarf travel to ironforge and start his journey there?

of course they make sense to be there, the dwarfs are "united" you can damn found wildhammer there, it just like to ay "there is o sense to find an troll in mulgore"

and you can see there are their gryphon there too

so you think is impossible a dwarf travel to ironforge and start his journey there?

of course they make sense to be there, the dwarfs are "united" you can damn found wildhammer there, it just like to ay "there is o sense to find an troll in mulgore"

Every time you talk your opinion about Allied Races, it’s you wasting your breath. Dark Iron Dwarves are a future Allied Race, regardless of what your opinion is, Blizzard doesn’t feel the same way you do, and a larger majority of the player base disagrees as well.

I’m sorry if that’s too harsh, but you’re far beyond beating a dead horse.

5+ Year Old Account

It's not impossible but it's silly because of the way those people live being so different than the Wildhammers. Not only that but you'd basically be abandoning your people. Are you even really a Wildhammer at that point? You are choosing to leave and live in a different place with a different lifestyle. When people ask to be Wildhammer they want to be the Wildhammer that we know and love. Not a Wildhammer Dwarf posing as a Bronzebeard Dwarf.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, its not enough, again, you need to come up with lore to support new racials like the others( the thing you quoted don't support new racials) is lame as fuck put a allied race exactly the same.
    I couldn't tell you about new racials, I'll leave that to Blizzard. But I can say that none of the current Ironforge Dwarf racials would make much sense for a Wildhammer Dwarf.

Stoneform - They're not interested in Archaeology their Titan history so haven't learnt this.
    Might of the Mountain - They don't live in mountains like the Ironforge Dwarfs.
    Frost Resistance - They don't live in cold snowy climates so won't be acclimatised to them.
    Explorer - Again they're not interested in Archaeology.

can't understand this boner for allied races, if you have a tattoo, BOOM new race, new color BOOM another new race, a different eyebrown BOOM another new race
    Wildhammers aren't just regular Ironforge Dwarfs with tattoos though, I've already given an example of how their appearance can be changed slightly to make them more distinguishable. They have a different culture from Ironforge Dwarfs also. They prefer to be more independent, they value nature more and are more shamanistic. They aren't interested in technology like Ironforge Dwarfs are either and prefer more simple weapons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Every time you talk your opinion about Allied Races, it’s you wasting your breath. Dark Iron Dwarves are a future Allied Race, regardless of what your opinion is, Blizzard doesn’t feel the same way you do, and a larger majority of the player base disagrees as well.

I’m sorry if that’s too harsh, but you’re far beyond beating a dead horse.
    what? are you alright? cause i did not mentioned darkiron, they actually have something to support his differences, like the magic of ragnaros, wildhammer? they did not have that

It's not impossible but it's silly because of the way those people live being so different than the Wildhammers. Not only that but you'd basically be abandoning your people. Are you even really a Wildhammer at that point? You are choosing to leave and live in a different place with a different lifestyle. When people ask to be Wildhammer they want to be the Wildhammer that we know and love. Not a Wildhammer Dwarf posing as a Bronzebeard Dwarf.
    abandoning? youa re being to extreme, they are just tarting theyr journey there, thi and beyond is about your RP

wildhammer what we know we love? lierally the same dwarf but with tattoos? come on, like i said give us more option of customization and you can b a wildhammer dwarf, there is no need of a separated race in this case

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    Stoneform - They're not interested in Archaeology their Titan history so haven't learnt this.
    its not because acheology, it because t the titanic constructs are they ancestors
    Might of the Mountain - They don't live in mountains like the Ironforge Dwarfs.
    they don't live inside indeed, but in the top, so its still a thing..
    Frost Resistance - They don't live in cold snowy climates so won't be acclimatised to them.
    actually the top of mountains are cold, so, still make sense

Explorer - Again they're not interested in Archaeology.
    don't much indeed

But well, it a bit waste to discuss this now, since they will prob do a lot of different races first than put another dwarf, still said, we need to hold on on this allied ace hype boner, not everything need to be allied race

5+ Year Old Account
    Why would a Wildhammer Dwarf start their journey in Dun Morogh if they aren't from there? Maybe they'd go there at some point in their journey but they wouldn't start there and that wouldn't ever be their home.

And they aren't the same Dwarves. Visually they might have similar features (Blizz could always add new stuff and modify the model a bit) but they aren't the same. That's like saying Americans and Canadians are the same.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-12-09 at 07:21 PM.

Wildhammer dwarves would be a great thematic addition, if Highmountain and Lightforged can be Allied races so can Wildhammer dwarves.
    They are more iconic and important for the Alliance than Dark Irons (Wildhammer gryphon riders are a staple since WC2) and leaving them out would be a bad omission.
    Tribal tattoos, wild and untamed tribal hair, beards and accessories with feathers and the like, reddish skin tone ...there is plenty to make them stand out.
    As for racials? Something flavourful and accurate like:

Storm hammer- short ranged interrupt
    Flavourful Stat increase
    Nature Resistance
    Profession boost - maybe LW?

Not to mention that the Alliance needs more options for Shaman and Druid, available classes could be:

Warrior
    Hunter
    Rogue
    Shaman
    Druid

Druid forms could be a lynx styled cat form(short and stocky), Bear, Stag and Gryphon. Maybe a bearded owl if a gryphon is too big to be used as a flight form.
    Last edited by Oswen; 2017-12-09 at 08:18 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    yes they are, if look at then on their lore as well you can see

highmountain have more fur, different horns, tattoos AND new racials, everything supported by the cenarius blessing who give to then new abilitys.

Wildhammer dwarfs have none of this, they jut have tattoos, only this, and they already are part of the alliance since warcraft 3, if you want to play aa wildhammer dwarf just make a dwarf with tattoos, thats it
    It would make 0 sense for the wildhammer dwarfs to share ANY racials with the bronezbeard. The bronzebeard practise titanic rituals to unlock certain earthen abilities eg. Stoneform.

- - - Updated - - -

its not because acheology, it because t the titanic constructs are they ancestors
    That's not true, dwarves don't have the ability to activate stoneform from birth. They have to undergo a ritual where they meditate for days without food or water, this ritual is a bronzebeard tradition. The other clans do not practise this tradtion because they have no interest in their titan heritage.

- - - Updated - - -

Like i said, its better to have the option, to be wildhammer dwarf (cause is literary just tttos) than wait to then come as allied race
    I hate this argument. It's simply not true, it may not be represented very well in game, but wildhammer dwarves are very different to bronzebeard. They're taller, leaner, darker skin, they adorn their hair with feathers and beads instead of metal rings, they have tattoos, they have an entirely differant culture. Hmm, starting to sound a lot like the highmountain tauren which were added as an allied race.

I want some Dragon allied races.

They can easily do wildhammer for alliance and dragonmaw for horde.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    They can easily do wildhammer for alliance and dragonmaw for horde.
    This would make the most sense, I'm sure if the wildhammer were to join the fight the dragonmaw would also. They've always been mortal enemies.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oswen View Post
    Wildhammer dwarves would be a great thematic addition, if Highmountain and Lightforged can be Allied races so can Wildhammer dwarves.
    They are more iconic and important for the Alliance than Dark Irons (Wildhammer gryphon riders are a staple since WC2) and leaving them out would be a bad omission.
    Tribal tattoos, wild and untamed tribal hair, beards and accessories with feathers and the like, reddish skin tone ...there is plenty to make them stand out.
    As for racials? Something flavourful and accurate like:

Druid forms could be a lynx styled cat form(short and stocky), Bear, Stag and Gryphon. Maybe a bearded owl if a gryphon is too big to be used as a flight form.
    Also, the mount could be some sort of unique Gryphon that has never been in the game and the hunter pet you start off with could be that very same unique Gryphon. What could make their race unique is that they'd be essentially able to ride their pet and the flight form if you are a druid instead of hunter could be a small/baby Gryphon. That could be the unique thing about being a Wildhammer Druid is that you can be tiny versions of everything.

A racial could be that Hunters get a bonus pet slot but that slot can only be your starter Gryphon and that Gryphon can never be removed (because it would be a unique model that you can't get anywhere). You'll still be able to tame other pets and use them but you'll never be able to release your Gryphon. That would be really fucking cool. It'd be the closest thing WoW will ever have to a playable Gryphon Rider and they are as oldschool Warcraft as it gets.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-12-09 at 11:16 PM.

Anything to have that as a mount tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bronzebeard: Mountain Dwarf, technology.
    Wildhammer: Hill Dwarf, nature.
    Dark Iron: Cave Dwarf, magic.

There is almost as much of a distinction between the three dwarf clans as there is between the various troll tribes. Each one has a slightly different culture and way of life to the others.
    A Wildhammer Dwarf to a Bronzebeard Dwarf is about more than just the name.

Last edited by Lollis; 2017-12-10 at 11:14 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual