View Poll Results: Is Blizzard planning on merging the Starcraft and Warcraft universes?

Voters
78. This poll is closed
  • yes

7 8.97%
  • no

71 91.03%

Question Is Blizzard planning on merging the Warcraft & Starcraft universes?

I thought I would revisit this topic since its been a while and few may even know about it anymore.

The 2009 Blizzard book "StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 4" is a series of short stories set in the Starcraft universe. One of these is written by Chris Metzen (about Jim Raynor) titled "Homecoming". But perhaps the most interesting story in the collection is one titled "Voice in the Darkness". This story introduces some mysterious Lovecraftian entity that begins to whisper to Dark Templar from far far away. They come to investigate and it is a planet where this massive creature is imprisoned on some mysterious planet, jailed by the Xel'Naga. It had been trapped there using some odd device called the "Argus crystal". It frees itself and leaves the dead world, but not without taunting those who claim to try to kill it with nightmarish whispers and warnings. The creature came from "the Void" where the Xel'Naga resided. It claimed the Xel'Naga were "False Gods" and that it was "the One True God".

I don't need to explain what this creature seems to be.

I'm sure if this was truly the start of a merger between the Starcraft and Warcraft universes, Blizzard would lie to your face all day and swear it was not. I mean, this is the group that made us believe the Pantheon was alive, then told us the Pantheon was dead, then revealed they were (kinda) alive again.
    Furthermore, if this is a merger, we have to ask ourselves if the "real' universe is going to wind up being Heroes of the Storm...

What do you think? Are we going to have a merger? Or is this story just an innocent one-off with absolutely and not a sly hint of what is to come?

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Voic...kness_(entity)
    http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Star...line:_Volume_4
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Nah. When Metzen was writing he liked to re-use plots. He said he was a sucker for redemption stories. Aka: Kerrigan and some other Warcraft character, Sylvanas/illidan.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Nah. When Metzen was writing he liked to re-use plots. He said he was a sucker for redemption stories. Aka: Kerrigan and some other Warcraft character, Sylvanas/illidan.
    Same, to be honest, however I really didn't like how they handled Kerrigan and Illidan. Neither are redemptive, Kerrigan was like "oops sorry I was mind controlled, I was never really evil" and Illidan's was "you guys just misunderstood what I was trying to do." Neither were bad, we just assumed they were. You can't really redeem your character if they were never bad.

None of them were bad and made the conscious decision to not be bad. I'm hoping if they do Sylvanas, she actually goes through the "okay maybe I should not be a cunt" and has a change of heart.

Y'know, like the Grinch's redemption. Maybe Alleria can help Sylvanas with that, I don't know.

Anyways, I don't think Starcraft and Warcraft are in the same universe, however in Starcraft 2: LoV there is an easter egg with a galactic map and you can see a far-flung planet marked with the Burning Legion's symbol.

I think it would be neat to perhaps have an overlapped bad guy, like the Legion or void lords, but I wouldn't want Azeroth to interact with any of the protoss/zerg/terran, it would be way too weird. What would you even do with that? Teach terran how to be mages? It would basically become warhammer 40k more than it already is.

Doesn't Earth exist in Starcraft? As in, the place the Terran originally came from, but mostly forgot about because they've spent a long time in the Koprulu sector?

You could maybe argue that Starcraft happens many, many years after Overwatch, but not Warcraft.

The Warcraft universe is not compatible with the other Blizzard universes, because the Light and the Titans are present wherever life flourishes.

And Diablo has a completely different concept of the universe, revolving around planes instead of planets.

The void is a very common name for "darkness" as an entity in fantasy and philosophy. It's nothingness, it's death, it's evil.

It's not specific enough to be used as a bridge between universes, not when many other, more specific elements of those universes are incompatible.

We already got Tauren and Murloc Space Marines!

At this point they might as well.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

No.

Blizzard just have absolutely no creativity so there are millions of similarities between Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo ever since WoW, SC2 and D3

The people who had creativity in the company left after WC3TFT, SC1BW and D2LOD.

Hence why the stories of SC2, D3 and WoW suck absolute donkey dick and retcon 90% of the previous story.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-12-09 at 11:08 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is a beer called Argus, so that means we receive products from the Draenei homeworld?

https://www.google.es/search?q=Argus...w=1024&bih=656

If it pleases the stockholders, Blizzard would merge their own mothers with anyone they have to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Doesn't Earth exist in Starcraft? As in, the place the Terran originally came from, but mostly forgot about because they've spent a long time in the Koprulu sector?

You could maybe argue that Starcraft happens many, many years after Overwatch, but not Warcraft.
    Problem is Blizzard is a company in Overwatch, Starcraft,Warcraft,Hearthstone exist as games already established in the universe. DVA was a competitive starcraft player
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown
    "The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand Russell
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time"

I very highly doubt they are but quite honestly really wouldn't mind. Provided the end of SC2 is retconned, anyway...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AldoChat View Post
    There is a beer called Argus, so that means we receive products from the Draenei homeworld?

https://www.google.es/search?q=Argus...w=1024&bih=656
    Don't forget the DC universe organization "Argus" that are basically some sort of area 51 of super crazy terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Yes, it does. The UED basically loaded up 800,000 people they were gonna execute, 200,000 on each of four ships, and launched them off into space to colonize this world they found in hopes of finding new fuel sources. The ship's computer had a malfunction, erasing the coordinates of their destination and Earth. The journey was only supposed to take like a year, but they barreled along in warp space for much longer, decades I think. Eventually the ships' engines overheated and emergency programs had them crash land on separate habitable worlds in the Koprulu Sector.

The UED still rules Earth, and it's not forgotten. In Brood War Duke was flabbergasted when Vice Admiral Stukov told them they were from Earth. Mostly I think because of the distance involved. The UED would've had to have MAJORLY improved on the quality of their ship engines to send that fleet to the Koprulu Sector. It'd be like the guys in the Koprulu Sector are Pilgrims who needed half a year to cross the Atlantic. Then you meet this stranger who tells you he got here in two weeks. That's why Duke was bamboozled, not that they thought Earth was just a fairy tale or such.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

They already did, its called Heroes of the Storm. Alextrazsa and Hanzo's dialogue also kinda states it.

No i think outside of HOTS and maybe down the line a hearthstone xpac they like to keep them separate with little easter eggs popping up here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Warpaladin View Post
    Problem is Blizzard is a company in Overwatch, Starcraft,Warcraft,Hearthstone exist as games already established in the universe. DVA was a competitive starcraft player
    Maybe they predicted the future. "Blizzard did it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I high doubt it, it wouldn't function right for their budget to basically merge franchises.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..