Poll: Who would win?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arthas vs. Everyone

so say that somehow, arthas was revived as the lich king again and had to face off against everyone he'd ever wronged:

sylvanas, vereesa, alleria

kael'thas

lor'themar

jaina

uther

muradin

valeera

illidan

who would win? i mean arthas already roflstomped them or their people at a previous point of time, wouldn't he just do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    so say that somehow, arthas was revived as the lich king again and had to face off against everyone he'd ever wronged:

sylvanas, vereesa, alleria

kael'thas

lor'themar

jaina

uther

muradin

valeera

illidan

who would win? i mean arthas already roflstomped them or their people at a previous point of time, wouldn't he just do it again?
    My lvl 110 toon would win. Everyone who has a max lvl toon and finished the new raid would win. We just took down a titan, and then another titan. Fact is we all the strongest people in WoW universe. WoW should have ended with that new raid. WoW 2 would of made sense. The BS that now mobs from some mystery island are going to be our might, is total BS. We just took down titans. So yeah we would win every time.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    He lost to an unexpected swordsman.

I'm sure Azeroth can deal with it again.

Deleted
    sylvanas, illidan, alleria probably have a shot at him after their new experiences and power gains since wotlk, especially the ones in legion.

the rest all haven't had any significant character development so they are still toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    that's how a game works bruh, lore wise we are still probably on even terms with arthas, illidan, garrosh etc at this point
    We killed a titan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    We killed a titan.
    Its a common misconception.

What actually happened in the lore was the tonnes of cannon fodder where thrown into the raid until at some point we simply brute forced our way through with our god-weapons. You didnt solo a titan or two. You and 500k other people with legendary weapons did. So unless we are some kind of hivemind then no, you are not as strong as a titan or even one of the biggeroes most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post

What actually happened in the lore was the tonnes of cannon fodder where thrown into the raid until at some point we simply brute forced our way through with our god-weapons. You didnt solo a titan or two. You and 500k other people with legendary weapons did. So unless we are some kind of hivemind then no, you are not as strong as a titan or even one of the biggeroes most likely.
    Dont lie. The lore as states, is that 36 men/women went in and took them out. One for each spec representing them. Dont give me that BS anyhow. If 500k could go agianst a titan, then were still better than the lich king. Hell lichking isnt anymore, with his god tier weapon. The new dks have it in a weaker form. Even if he could get it back, he wouldnt be match to us. This is why I said WoW should have ended. We are equal to titans.

We killed a titan.
    With huge help from other titans.

And quite literally being empowered by them.

Quote Originally Posted by Senshenzu View Post
    Dont lie. The lore as states, is that 36 men/women went in and took them out. One for each spec representing them. Dont give me that BS anyhow. If 500k could go agianst a titan, then were still better than the lich king. Hell lichking isnt anymore, with his god tier weapon. The new dks have it in a weaker form. Even if he could get it back, he wouldnt be match to us. This is why I said WoW should have ended. We are equal to titans.
    No, we would have been dead without the Titans. Quite literally. Just like we would have been dead against the Lich King if not for Tirion and the Light helping him.

Citation needed.

Deleted
    Aha plesae quote that for me senpai?

We are in no way equal to the titans

- - - Updated - - -

Citation needed.
    Its been stated several times through wow's history that when a raid boss is being taken down its taken countless lives. Its been said several times at blizzcon aswell.

Edit: Just as a followup what we actually see in wow isnt the same as what actually is in the lore.

Stormwind doesnt have 36 npc's. Its actually much bigger then in wow and has many thousands of people living in it.

We are playing a scaled down version of the lore.

My lvl 110 toon would win. Everyone who has a max lvl toon and finished the new raid would win. We just took down a titan, and then another titan. Fact is we all the strongest people in WoW universe. WoW should have ended with that new raid. WoW 2 would of made sense. The BS that now mobs from some mystery island are going to be our might, is total BS. We just took down titans. So yeah we would win every time.
    If not for the Pantheon helping us, we would have been squashed like the fleas we are against a titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    With huge help from other titans.

And quite literally being empowered by them.
    True but if we'd tried the same thing when we were as strong as we were against Arthas all the titanic help in the world wouldn't have mattered. Our artifacts have world-ending potential and we've spent the past year making them stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

Its been stated several times through wow's history that when a raid boss is being taken down its taken countless lives. Its been said several times at blizzcon aswell.
    I've never heard this, would be interested in seeing a source.

Deleted
    True but if we'd tried the same thing when we were as strong as we were against Arthas all the titanic help in the world wouldn't have mattered. Our artifacts have world-ending potential and we've spent the past year making them stronger.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never heard this, would be interested in seeing a source.
    Its not my fault you are living under a rock

As an example (you can simply google this) Onyxia was killed by varian with countless lives lost.

The alliance got kill credit on Lich king(no horde was even part of it).

There are plenty of examples of this, feel free to google it

Edit: in case you didnt see my edit before

Just as a followup what we actually see in wow isnt the same as what actually is in the lore.

Stormwind doesnt have 36 npc's. Its actually much bigger then in wow and has many thousands of people living in it.

7+ Year Old Account
    If he's facing them all at once he'd struggle.

If he's facing them each one at a time then he'd likely win.

If he's facing them at their current state and they know his weaknesses and he knows theirs. Illidan might manage to beat Arthas things considered, currently as could Sylvanas maybe.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

As an example (you can simply google this) Onyxia was killed by varian with countless lives lost.

Just as a followup what we actually see in wow isnt the same as what actually is in the lore.

Of course it's a scaled down version. I think the idea is that the nameless troops are like the Lightforged that we see helping us battle through exterior defenses in Antorus, while the fighting of more powerful creatures is left to heroes who have staves which can tear worlds apart.

7+ Year Old Account

Both the Alliance and Horde got credit for aiding against the War of the Lich King. I don't think its ever outright stated, "The Alliance killed Arthas." both had a hand in it and if anything it was a joint effort not a single.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

Deleted
    Of course it's a scaled down version. I think the idea is that the nameless troops are like the Lightforged that we see helping us battle through exterior defenses in Antorus, while the fighting of more powerful creatures is left to heroes who have staves which can tear worlds apart.
    Its scaled down in everything. Every single wipe is supposed to symbolise how it didnt just take 40 ppl an hour to clear the entire raid after grinding it for a few months.

We are the lucky survivors - our previous avatars not so much

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Both the Alliance and Horde got credit for aiding against the War of the Lich King. I don't think its ever outright stated, "The Alliance killed Arthas." both had a hand in it and if anything it was a joint effort not a single.
    The war against the lich king and who actually went in there and killed him at the frozen throne are two different things.

Its stated a few times by jaina and one other guy that they actually killed him. Info should still be out there. Alliance killed deathbringer saurfang aswell. From what i remember horde killed Garrosh

Edit: wasnt it actually thrall who did it? Seem to remember some cinematic about it
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2017-12-10 at 03:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as the story is concerned we were only even remotely capable of doing any of that because of our artifact weapons, which we are losing when BfA starts.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    that's how a game works bruh, lore wise we are still probably on even terms with arthas, illidan, garrosh etc at this point
    No, we are not. We became the equivalent of a Guardian of Tirisfal when the Council of Six imbued part of their power into our weapons. Not only that, but our weapons were blessed with power of dragons, seas and nightmare. We (the Adventurer) are the strongest mortal being alive and pretty much nothing can stop us.

But no, we didn't "kill a Titan". We got killed by a Titan and relied on the Pantheon to revive us and buff us to take Argus down.

Actually, 12 heroes (Representing each CLASS) took down KJ, Gul'dan, and Argus. We're likely above both Tirion's, and Arthas' lvl (When he was the LK, that is). However, not only is that due to us having the Artifacts, but we're also empowered by God Like things.

Hell, for Argus, we're getting buffed by the Pantheon's Spirits, and even then we still die to him...

:/