Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    We already know Pokemon is most likely for next year too..
    Do we?

We haven't heard anything yet - not even a logo or a teaser. I'll admit I'm not familiar with how the Pokemon team does things, but do they announce games only months before their releases?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Uhh, it literally releases in just over 2 months.
    Yeah, but - those are hardly new games. So... =/

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Do we?

We haven't heard anything yet - not even a logo or a teaser. I'll admit I'm not familiar with how the Pokemon team does things, but do they announce games only months before their releases?
    Pretty much, yes. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were only announced a few months ago.

That's how Nintendo rolls in general.

Yeah, but - those are hardly new games. So... =/
    Yea I love how you skipped over my post where I didn't even mention them at all and only new games.

Weak bait mate.

Do we?

Pokémon games are usually announced in spring, May 20th is a good point of reference.

Pokémon is basically a yearly release, and they did announce the development back in last E3 so 2018 for Gen 8 is very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Pokémon games are usually announced in spring, May 20th is a good point of reference.

Pokémon is basically a yearly release, and they did announce the development back in last E3 so 2018 for Gen 8 is very possible.
    XY were announced in the January 2013 Direct (the first one) and Sun and Moon were announced during a Direct on the series 20th anniversary (late February 2016), Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire were announced early May 2014, and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon were announced the week before E3 this year.

Mainline games are usually always announced early on the year, while third versions and remakes are announced mid-year.

There will be a Direct in January and I expect the name, logos, and Eeveeolution to be announced there. Maybe some teaser footage, but I doubt it.

I'm just curious if they're going to end up pulling another Wii/Wii-U where this holiday sales are going to be good, but come 2018 are they going to have anything Tripple-A exclusives to sustain it?

The only two I see that can be remotely considered closest are Bayonetta and Metroid Prime, but sadly all we've seen of these are teasers - so chances are they won't happen until at MINIMUM Christmas 2018, and that's being optimistic. There's no Smash Brothers yet, nothing else on that level at all...

If they don't, the Switch is just going to end up being another Big-N Fad, just like the Wii/Wii-U.
    pokemon holiday 2018 or early 2019
    bayo 1 and 2 for feb
    yoshi as a filler game
    pikmin 4 is likely
    fire emblem

probably more wiiu ports as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Do we?

pretty much yeah, weve had for the most part yearly to biyearly for pokemon. march of 2019 is the absolute latest i see gen 8 coming and thats at the higher end of the spectrum.

gen 8 will probably come out november next year and be announced sometime between jan - march
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Yea I love how you skipped over my post where I didn't even mention them at all and only new games.

Weak bait mate.
    ...um, apparently you skipped the part where I talked about B3 and such to. I wasn't "baiting" - I think you didn't read the full conversation. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    pretty much yeah, weve had for the most part yearly to biyearly for pokemon. march of 2019 is the absolute latest i see gen 8 coming and thats at the higher end of the spectrum.

gen 8 will probably come out november next year and be announced sometime between jan - march
    Given the others talking, and I guess it's called Ultra sun/moon? (hopefully it's not just a port of sun/moon) I guess it makes sense, and I agree if they announce it at E3 or something there's a seemingly good chance it will make it out by year's end.

While Pokemon will obviously do well sales-wise, but we'll see if the Switch can make it through the year though with very little. It's going to probably hurt them, and we will see if waiting for pokemon is worth it or not. (I mean - beyond the Pokemon fans who will love it regardless. :P)

...um, apparently you skipped the part where I talked about B3 and such to. I wasn't "baiting" - I think you didn't read the full conversation. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Given the others talking, and I guess it's called Ultra sun/moon? (hopefully it's not just a port of sun/moon) I guess it makes sense, and I agree if they announce it at E3 or something there's a seemingly good chance it will make it out by year's end.

While Pokemon will obviously do well sales-wise, but we'll see if the Switch can make it through the year though with very little. It's going to probably hurt them, and we will see if waiting for pokemon is worth it or not. (I mean - beyond the Pokemon fans who will love it regardless. :P)
    Ultra Sun and Moon are already out on the 3DS.

We will get the titles of the Switch games in Q1 of their release year, be it 2018 or 2019.

If you plan on using it mobile a lot then a tempered glass screen protector and carrying case are really the only other accessories that are a must.

If you have big hands you might want to invest in a pro controller as the joy cons are small and can become uncomfortable after prolonged use.

Outside of that, nothing really worth buying. As said above don't use any of the 3rd party docks/chargers as they have been reported as frying systems.
    Do you have a Switch Pro Controller? If so, is it worth it to you?
    Thanks for the information so far that I've needed as well.
    Last edited by RuneDK; 2017-12-10 at 03:47 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Do you have a Switch Pro Controller? If so, is it work it to you?
    Thanks for the information so far that I've needed as well.

as seen in the picture, the placement of sticks to buttons is different. after playing with the pro controller going back to joy-cons vertical placement feels different, but you get used to it.

The length of sticks is longer on the pro controller and the buttons are bigger. "Dpad" vs "Dbuttons".

Joycon sticks hat is smooth, making at least my thumbs just slide off a lot easier vs pro controller which is also smooth and slidey, but since it's bigger(radius and edges both) it's less of an issue. There are caps being sold, no idea if they're good or not, the ones that came with snakebyte carrying case I bought are just as bad on the slidefactor.

Battery life on the joy-cons is 15-20 hours, pro controller has 30-40.

To me, worth it. It's not a real must have, a great controller to put on a list of stuff to buy "when I've got the extra cash" or if you plan on playing a lot of local multiplayer meaning you'd want a complete set of controllers, instead of just using the single joycons for the occasional thing, the pro is cheaper than joycons+grip anyways.
    Last edited by mageling; 2017-12-10 at 04:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Oh how punny!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

After playing a lot of mario oddyssey and resident evil with seperate joycons for motion controls i've been doing the same now i restarted BotW again for a clean run with all the dlc. Its kind of making my nostalgic for the early period of the wii before everything became wagglan shovelware and the kinect and ps move only exacerbated it.

When its only used for proper games i actually like the mild inclusion of motion controls. Which is funny because back on the PS3 there were some games like resistance where shoving the controller away with its built in gyro shit made the character melee instead of clicking a stick and that shits long dead.

No reason to get USFII anymore. Maybe a reason to try and refund it.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually Info:

Street Fighter I, five versions of Street Fighter II, all three Street Fighter Alpha versions, and all three versions of Street Fighter III.

Hyper Fighting, Turbo, Alpha 3, and Third Strike will have online play, it will be available for the Switch (and PS4, XB1, and PC) in May 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    No reason to get USFII anymore.
    Fightcade exists.

There was never a reason to buy it... or this for that matter.

Still wanting more apps for the Switch tbh...Hulu is ok (well actually Hulu itself sucks, but that's at least better than nothing), but seriously where's the Netflix, even an internet browser? The Wii U had this basically from launch and it's coming upon a year for the Switch. Not even a virtual console for all of us to re-buy classic Nintendo games for the umpteenth time since Wii/Wii U/DS/3DS all don't play nicely with each other lol.

I know it's ranting and it'll be stuff that eventually gets put on but still...why're they taking so long? There's only so much Zelda and Mario before it's like, these other indie games are pointless, why can't we have something more multifunctional? Example being, if it had an internet browser, could play movies off the SD card, and Netflix, I can ditch my ipad at home and just bring the Switch on trips, yet here I am getting ready to pack both for my winter trip.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    stuff that eventually gets put on
    Yes and no. No doubt netflix, youtube etc apps will come.

You're never getting a web browser on the thing though. You can literally pirate 3DS games now without even cracking the system just through certain web pages I won't link here. Nintendo has been burned hard with browser cracks.

Honestly the reason apps like netflix are probably taking so long is Nintendo security doubling down on any app going live on the system just to be warry of holes in the software.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-12-11 at 04:38 AM.

Still wanting more apps for the Switch tbh...Hulu is ok (well actually Hulu itself sucks, but that's at least better than nothing), but seriously where's the Netflix, even an internet browser? The Wii U had this basically from launch and it's coming upon a year for the Switch. Not even a virtual console for all of us to re-buy classic Nintendo games for the umpteenth time since Wii/Wii U/DS/3DS all don't play nicely with each other lol.

I know it's ranting and it'll be stuff that eventually gets put on but still...why're they taking so long? There's only so much Zelda and Mario before it's like, these other indie games are pointless, why can't we have something more multifunctional? Example being, if it had an internet browser, could play movies off the SD card, and Netflix, I can ditch my ipad at home and just bring the Switch on trips, yet here I am getting ready to pack both for my winter trip.
    No open web browser will ever come to Switch. Wii, Wii U and 3DS all have their biggest exploits and cracks done throught the browser.

Not even a virtual console for all of us to re-buy classic Nintendo games for the umpteenth time since Wii/Wii U/DS/3DS all don't play nicely with each other lol.
    You can blame the NES and SNES Classic's for this. As long as Nintendo is making those I don't see VC games coming to The Switch anytime soon.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Sheba is OP as fuck now that I have a full squad of rare female blades. Only male blade left is Nia's pussy cat.

People keep talking about this vicious difficulty spike(not in this thread, just what I read elsewhere) but I don't see it, must be people who don't do anything extra to optimize and trying to rush story mode in 30 hours /shrug.