Uhm, even with the nerfs i can make a wither/despair build with skeletons, for the lulz.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm slightly please by the damage increase when using a shield, and the fairly minor increase to static strike AoE... On the whole though, nothing major to shout about for my Gladiator.

Edit: Just noticed the nerfed Vaal Pact has been moved to Duelist Area, where is it now?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm slightly please by the damage increase when using a shield, and the fairly minor increase to static strike AoE... On the whole though, nothing major to shout about for my Gladiator.

Edit: Just noticed the nerfed Vaal Pact has been moved to Duelist Area, where is it now?
    from a IGN interview https://i.redd.it/biwq8s31heyz.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    Cool thanks. It's probably within reach of my current build, with a little tweaking... Not sure if it's worth it now though.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Anyone tried skeletal mages with Dead Reckoning? Haven't played minion necro in a while, tempted to do this Auramancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Abyss Jewels are pretty ridiculously strong.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The new Abyss Jewels are pretty ridiculously strong.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...t_damage_mods/
    ...yup.

I don't think they properly sat down and thought this league, not that I'm complaining. Oh, Ancestral Call+Molten Strike is the shit, I haven't leveled this fast since flame totem nerfs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, RIP half my builds. Guess it's a good thing I stopped playing. I'd be right properly irate about this if I was still playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Well, RIP half my builds. Guess it's a good thing I stopped playing. I'd be right properly irate about this if I was still playing.
    I thought it was rip for mine too, until I revisited my build guides, followed the tweaks, and everything was fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    I thought it was rip for mine too, until I revisited my build guides, followed the tweaks, and everything was fine.
    You're right, I installed it on a whim and so far I've had very little issues...most of the equipment changes require either a new item or orbing it, like the shield for RF build. Mine is still +8% max fire res, not +5%. I haven't played but maybe 2 of my characters so far, but after minor respec tweaks, nothing seems that bad. I'm more worried about my Ngamahu or w/e Cyclone Slayer which apparently got nerfed. Haven't tried him out yet.

I was actually most surprised about something I guess happened in a previous patch, where Spectres are maintained now, AND change levels based on the maps? That's freaking AMAZING. The single reason I stopped using Spectres, even though they're good for Summon builds, is I got so tired of spending 30+ minutes at the start of every session just farming the stupid things.
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dang and that shit can get even crazier:

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    You're right, I installed it on a whim and so far I've had very little issues...most of the equipment changes require either a new item or orbing it, like the shield for RF build. Mine is still +8% max fire res, not +5%. I haven't played but maybe 2 of my characters so far, but after minor respec tweaks, nothing seems that bad. I'm more worried about my Ngamahu or w/e Cyclone Slayer which apparently got nerfed. Haven't tried him out yet.

I was actually most surprised about something I guess happened in a previous patch, where Spectres are maintained now, AND change levels based on the maps? That's freaking AMAZING. The single reason I stopped using Spectres, even though they're good for Summon builds, is I got so tired of spending 30+ minutes at the start of every session just farming the stupid things.
    My cyclone is pure phys, atziri's promise axe bleed build, shuffled some nodes to vaal pact and more leech, leech feels even quicker than before. lost a bit of damage, nothing noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    My cyclone is pure phys, atziri's promise axe bleed build, shuffled some nodes to vaal pact and more leech, leech feels even quicker than before. lost a bit of damage, nothing noticeable.
    I just gave my Cycloner a try. Still rapey. I quit playing him back a few months ago at level 83 because I got fucking TIRED of getting one-shot by ele reflect since he's pure fire damage. I'd like to go Atziri's Promise bleed build, but I don't have the currency to switch over right now.

So far I've only found one class that was ruined by a patch, I don't know which one, but the build I was going for was silly anyway, and the character wasn't very high. No loss, chose another build and moved on.

Balls. 6 Big Zombies got hit hard with the nerf bat. With the Vaal Pact nerf, they also nerfed The Baron (Half STR to zombies rather than full). Gotta fucking love it when they go out of their way to nerf an extremely obscure build. They seriously don't want us to have any fun with Summoner builds, while they let all the other builds have the fun.
    Last edited by endersblade; 2017-12-11 at 05:50 AM.

Deleted
    Finally managed to find some time from the multiple games i am playing, and that is driving me nuts, to finish the 10 acts and try the maps
    (i think you can not go mapping before finishing the last kitawa fight, but to be honest i am not sure), and i have to say i like doing maps a lot, it is fast and i am enjoying it so far, although i have barely started doing them.
    They are very similar to D3 Grifts, but i have to say that the no timer thing feels really good, and i never had a problem with grifts having a timer, but still, mapping is fun, so i will try to finish act 9 and 10 with the rest of my 5 chars so they can map aswell.

BTW: Yes i know D3 Grifts came after POE maps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a Marauder Chieftain that, up until a few days ago, was running a Bladefall Totem build. It was...decent, I guess, but it sucked against fast moving targets, and wasn't great at bosses either. So since I either had the gear or what I needed was cheap to get, I switched to using flame totems. It's much more potent than the Bladefall Totems I was using, but it still feels like it's lacking something. AGain, since I either already had the gear or what I needed was cheap to get, I tried switching to a Fireball Totem build with Spire of Shards. The fact it turns it into a nova just drives me up the wall. The fireballs are slow moving and don't seem to do all that much damage, granted my gems are all around level 10-15 and not maxed out yet. I want to keep him on a totem build, but I just can't figure out a decent build that I actually enjoy! I might try RF totems next, but that's even more limited in range than the flame totems...

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Dang and that shit can get even crazier:
    I feel as if that belt alone makes most rare belts obsolete. It works well with my HOWA Inquisitor in providing damage and ES.

So far loving this league and patch, my only concern is I'm sure my atlas mapping is being done wrong somewhere.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I feel as if that belt alone makes most rare belts obsolete. It works well with my HOWA Inquisitor in providing damage and ES.

So far loving this league and patch, my only concern is I'm sure my atlas mapping is being done wrong somewhere.
    I've given up hope of properly mapping my atlas. I don't know how to use the sextants, I don't know which maps to properly shape (and have already shaped a few crappy ones for no reason), all I do is look to see what I need to do to mark it as complete and move on. I have an extremely hard time getting tier 11+ maps to drop, which is really hindering my ability to level.

I'm playing on Standard though...I never bother with the leagues. It takes eons to cap out just ONE character, I would never get very far in a league before it rotates. I have one of each class already on Standard, I don't need more. Nor do I feel like farming the currency to level another.

Hello

I have got interested in PoE again with all the new stuff. By new I mean I havent played the game in about a year or something.

I have always been a solo player and never traded anything. Not that I was much interested in the really end game stuff. Anyway, I came here asking, if there are any good specs specifically for SSF? Most guides are not about SSF and assume you can optimize to max and everything is build upon that assumption. I havent been able to find any specs that have been based on the fact that you may not be able to get all the optimal gear. Are there even such guides anywhere?