Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

How are DKs still accepted in Horde OR Alliance?

Dusted off my DK recently and leveled him to 110. He was my main from WotLK through WoD, but I hadn't played him in Legion until just this past week. I knew a little bit about the DK order hall campaign from these forums, but wow - it was darker and more ruthless than I imagined. We didn't just try to sneak in and steal Tiron's corpse; we full on attacked Light's Hope Chapel, killing paladins and rezzing corpses to fight against their former allies. Now I'm doing the class mount quests and we are strangulating Bronze Dragons and about to attack Red Dragons who have already told us to leave.

And yet the paladin and dragon quest givers (e.g., Chromie) will still treat me like a hero as if none of this ever happened?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

DKs are like walking nukes.

If one side has them then the other side has to have them as a deterrent.

If you can sway as many of them to your side and bring back their past loyalties to home faction then you have a powerful weapon and if your opponent is gathering the same weapon you need something of equal power to hold them in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    DKs are like walking nukes.

If one side has them then the other side has to have them as a deterrent.

If you can sway as many of them to your side and bring back their past loyalties to home faction then you have a powerful weapon and if your opponent is gathering the same weapon you need something of equal power to hold them in check.
    If we are murdering members of other order halls, as well as valued allies, how loyal are we?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    If we are murdering members of other order halls, as well as valued allies, how loyal are we?
    what ever it takes to save azaroth

in legion logic you werent in the alliance or horde. you were a class hall death knight. so your actions dont really reflect on your faction.

it may seem like they should but what you need to keep in mind is that battle for azeroth is not a smooth continuation of a well-planned story following legion. its a forceful rearrangement of the lore to fit a simplistic narrative that the new writers can understand. now you are a horde or alliance death knight. if you previously acted in a way that makes that arrangement awkward, its far easier to ignore or retcon it than it is to actually address it.

thank you blizzard

Well, to be fair, the DKs make up for their attack on Light's Hope to the Paladins. Spoiler warning.

If you go after the hidden ret skin as a pally, the last step of the skin requires you to go to Acherus with one other NPC pally. You fly in and basically demand the four horsemen empower Ashbringer with their powers. They make a point of saying the DKs and Pallies are even now.

As far as the dragon aspects go, iirc they're pretty well dismantled at this point. There's a few remnants of the aspects tending to a few key aspects related places but otherwise they're well since done. So chances of word spreading that far might be little to none. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    what ever it takes to save azaroth
    Well I'm starting a war with the Red and Bronze Dragon Flights just so I can have a new mount to ride.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    DK's are necessary Evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    As far as the dragon aspects go, iirc they're pretty well dismantled at this point. There's a few remnants of the aspects tending to a few key aspects related places but otherwise they're well since done. So chances of word spreading that far might be little to none. Could be wrong though.
    Chromie was standing on the top floor of Wyrmrest when I strangulated the Bronze Dragon on the bottom floor of Wyrmrest, so yeah, I guess if none of the dragons (there were several who watched me do it) found it conversation worthy... I haven't played the part where I start killing Red Dragons yet, but that appears to be next.

Chromie was standing on the top floor of Wyrmrest when I strangulated the Bronze Dragon on the bottom floor of Wyrmrest, so yeah, I guess if none of the dragons (there were several who watched me do it) found it conversation worthy... I haven't played the part where I start killing Red Dragons yet, but that appears to be next.
    She was there in the same way that Arthas is always in ICC when you go in there. Sure, he's there but he hasn't actually been there for years now. Last we heard, she was tinkering around in the Timeways somewhere doing Light only knows what.

Well, to be fair, the DKs make up for their attack on Light's Hope to the Paladins. Spoiler warning.

If you go after the hidden ret skin as a pally, the last step of the skin requires you to go to Acherus with one other NPC pally. You fly in and basically demand the four horsemen empower Ashbringer with their powers. They make a point of saying the DKs and Pallies are even now.

Because empowering a sword is totally on the same level as killing a bunch of your comrades and trying to raise your most revered member as something that is literally the antithesis of all that they stood for >.>

But yeah, having played through all but 3 of the order hall campaigns (War/Dru/Hunt), the DK is the only one where I didn't feel like a hero at the end, especially since my main is a Pally.

She was there in the same way that Arthas is always in ICC when you go in there. Sure, he's there but he hasn't actually been there for years now. Last we heard, she was tinkering around in the Timeways somewhere doing Light only knows what.
    She was there with a ? over her head, still waiting for this toon to come save her from her many deaths. Someone should tell her that I'm more into killing dragons - even good ones - and rezzing them as skele drakes than I am into saving them.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-12-10 at 08:25 AM.

As loyal as we need to be.

All player characters are autonomous members of their faction. We are pure adventurers, not even enrolled in their primary forces.

Countries every day ignore atrocities committed by allies for political expediency, why should Azeroth be any different?

If anything there's actually more drive to have DKs join your forces because of their willingness to attack the paladin forces, they are a scape goat for atrocities and an extremely strong combat force that you cannot ignore.

Hell, we are introduced to Thassarian on the Alliance side it's because he's signed back up to the Alliance military and they've sent him on a suicide mission because DKs are basically the Dirty Dozen. Powerful but disposable and while not exactly trusted too strong to not use.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Because empowering a sword is totally on the same level as killing a bunch of your comrades and trying to raise your most revered member as something that is literally the antithesis of all that they stood for >.>

But yeah, having played through all but 3 of the order hall campaigns (War/Dru/Hunt), the DK is the only one where I didn't feel like a hero at the end, especially since my main is a Pally.
    Exactly. And they don't give us a drop down menu for responses where we can say, "No Darion, I don't think this is what we need to be doing" or simply "No, I won't be doing that." You pretty much can't get your order hall/artifact up and running if you are unwilling to participate in some heinous acts.

DKs are accepted for the same reason the Forsaken are accepted on the Horde. They are helpful.

it was darker and more ruthless than I imagined
    I fucking love the DK order hall(and the Forsaken) for this. In WoW it feels like everybody has to be constant lawful good overdrive, no exceptions, why? It gets boring as shit, you can be a protagonist and still be morally gray damn it.

I guess because the DKs powers are useful and required. They have a high resistance to magic and feel little to no fear lore-wise while having the fighting skills of a knight, am i right? That comes in handy when fighting things such as Old Gods, The Burning Legion etc.

We do what the living cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Let's be real, though, if ANYONE in lore would take the second chance to defend the innocents of Azeroth against the Legion, it would be Tirion Fordring. He might regret being made a DK but he's got the kind of faith I don't really doubt he'd be able to stand using the Light, even as a technical DK. The guy's selfless.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Let's be real, though, if ANYONE in lore would take the second chance to defend the innocents of Azeroth against the Legion, it would be Tirion Fordring. He might regret being made a DK but he's got the kind of faith I don't really doubt he'd be able to stand using the Light, even as a technical DK. The guy's selfless.
    I actually had less objection to rezzing Tirion, who had already volunteered to become LK before Bolvar stepped up, than I did with attacking Light's Hope Chapel. We just rode up on what should have been allies and started hacking into them with our axes.

- - - Updated - - -

And where was the PvP for all that anyway? There should be a pally vs dk battleground "Battle for Lights Hope Chapel".

Deleted
    I actually had less objection to rezzing Tirion, who had already volunteered to become LK before Bolvar stepped up, than I did with attacking Light's Hope Chapel. We just rode up on what should have been allies and started hacking into them with our axes.

- - - Updated - - -

And where was the PvP for all that anyway? There should be a pally vs dk battleground "Battle for Lights Hope Chapel".
    People complain pretty hard when you have to do PvP for PvE quest lines.

IIRC, death knights attacked lights hope chapel during time the paladins helped priests in their order hall. So they were greatly weakened.
    And you as a pala character also go and help the priests.