View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    A British conservative tabloid.
    Express isn't Conservative. They are far right loony that makes Infowars and Brietbart look centrist. That's how bad they are. Hell they make Daily Mail look respectable in comparison and Murdoch the poster boy for being a Liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Someone should tell the cabinet.

But they don't want a border with Ireland.
    Why? I am sure that the cabinet are fully aware that the Brexiteers, and indeed the whole of the UK, are not one harmonious voice all desiring the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    That's just sloppy. Again, The man who could be Germany’s vice-chancellor within weeks http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...s-europe-2025/

Ah of course I forget yet another British source so shite. I forget your Britain = shit, Germany = great mantra sometimes :P I am sure it's not hard to find the exact same sourced from your local minority dialect, of course in English for the rest of the world, funny how German newspapers do that isn't it?

http://www.dw.com/en/spds-martin-sch...ope/a-41714365

So as i said, the most powerful man in Germany calls for the USE - short for useless by any chance?

Will there be an EU to leave if Germanys most powerful man gets his way?
    That's awesome comedy, abojt halfway through the article the Telegraph even explains that Merkel rejected his proposals. I don't know why you're crushing on this guy so hard but your hero worship is blinding you to the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Attacking me personally won't make you less obtuse.
    Which bit do you feel is a personal attack? It is evident from the post above where you, again, call me obtuse that you are indeed rude. And the fact that, not for the first time, you have attempted to explain why a post had some sort of hidden meaning, that is apparent to you and you alone, would seem to indicate that you have difficulty with reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    there's a significant push by europhiles to make the entire continent of europe a federal state.

that is why i voted leave, Great Britain has to maintain it's sovereignty and it's pride.

i dislike what May has put forward as i would prefer Great Britain completely leaves the single market and customs union, but businesses are cucking her hard and forcing her to stay in otherwise they'll leave our Great Country for europe lol.
    Spoken like someone who truly couldn't give a shit about the UK, and for some reason especially hates Northern Ireland.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Express isn't Conservative. They are far right loony that makes Infowars and Brietbart look centrist. That's how bad they are. Hell they make Daily Mail look respectable in comparison and Murdoch the poster boy for being a Liberal.
    Oh fuck no, Express is pretty bad but the Mail is utter trash.

None of this should come as any surprise to anyone with a brain. If we got a deal with the access of Norway and the cost of Canada, obviously both those countries (and any others like them) are going to start asking for the same deal for them. Which means the EU can't offer anything better than existing deals without it having an impact.

The notion that we are somehow in a position to get a great deal has always been a lie. Another thing the hard Brexit crowd are going to have to get used to.

Dribbles will probably think this is great news. One step closer to his wet dream of a no deal scenario. Despite the fact that will leave the UK looking like Mad Max in a couple of years time.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

It's a bit amusing to see the shocked surprise in that article. It's not like common sense didn't already print this in 10m high letters in neon colours all over the place. But, if you just believe enough, reality might just bend to suit your dream, eh Dribs?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

One EU source close to the talks said: “We have been approached by a number of [non-member] countries expressing concerns and making it clear that it would constitute a major problem for them if suddenly the UK were to get better terms than they get.”
    Funny part is, when they were IN the EU, Britain DID get better terms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not sure if that qualifies as news, it's been said all along - there is no way the UK will be able to get a better deal than say Norway or Canada, at best they will get the same deal.
    I don't think many expected that we would, however the issue highlighted in the article is that other countries are expressing concerns over any possible deal between the EU and the UK.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes that would be countries like Norway as I mentioned, if the UK were to get a better deal they would be (rightfully) mad.
    Ok, nothing stops EU from upgrading Norway, such a review of trade deals is not the end of the world.
    But of course UK should not expect something better than existing deals with non-EU members and this starts march 2019. the planned "transition period" will be affected by such rules.

Deleted
    Yes that would be countries like Norway as I mentioned, if the UK were to get a better deal they would be (rightfully) mad.
    I heard rumors that Norway may attempt to block the UK from entering the EEA,Effa because currently Norway is considered the Economic leader of those blocks and they are worried the UK will pull the same stunts they did in the EU and hurt member Countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    I heard rumors that Norway may attempt to block the UK from entering the EEA,Effa because currently Norway is considered the Economic leader of those blocks and they are worried the UK will pull the same stunts they did in the EU and hurt member Countries.
    Ok, this is now becoming unreal.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Deleted
    Honestly that sounds ridiculous, I don't see why Norway would benefit from it.

And the UK can't pull any stunts since they wont have a say, just as Norway doesn't.

The question is if the UK wants to join, from what's happening now it seems that way - looks like it's going to be a very soft brexit.

- - - Updated - - -

But why would the EU do that though.
    Found the article.
    https://euobserver.com/uk-referendum/134612

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Dribbles will probably think this is great news. One step closer to his wet dream of a no deal scenario. Despite the fact that will leave the UK looking like Mad Max in a couple of years time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    It's a bit amusing to see the shocked surprise in that article. It's not like common sense didn't already print this in 10m high letters in neon colours all over the place. But, if you just believe enough, reality might just bend to suit your dream, eh Dribs?
    Look the very best deal for the UK is a no deal with the EU, it is still the most likely option in my opinion.

Anything that makes a no deal more likely is good news to me, thanks guys keep it coming, glad to know I have you on side.

I don't think some of you understand what happened late last week and are over egging the desire of the British for a deal. All that has been made is an offer by the UK, non legally binding, clarifying what the EU faces losing should it choose the cliff edge Brexit. Kiss good bye to the UK settlement billions, EU citizens deported from the UK, more difficult access to, at 3 trillion dollars, one of the EU's biggest markets and so on.

There is a clear choice here for the EU. One side Macron and Schulz, let's call them team USEless, sees the EU fall off a Brexit cliff edge and the other side offers a greater chance of EU survival following a UK exit.

Don't be naive Eurochums the EU, more so the USEless option, faces an existential crisis of its own making, deal or no deal.

The British in general don't want to see you fall on hard times, we have offered you a last little dribble of charity, it is up to you if you take it we can't force you to. You can lead a horse to water.....
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotutha View Post
    Fully understandable if you look at their obstructionist and at times lack of political courage behavior. They have to clean up their national politics before they can play any decent part in an international organisation.

7+ Year Old Account
    ^ you are obviously deranged.
    Look I know the new season of Vikings is out, but I think you are getting a bit carried away by it, those days are long gone.

Comparing Norway's economy to the ten times bigger UK's clearly illustrates the dilemma faced by the EU, are they really going to cut off the nose to spite the face? And I used to love Danish bacon so much too, I can tell you though British bacon now tastes much sweeter...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Look the very best deal for the UK is a no deal with the EU, it is still the most likely option in my opinion.

Anything that makes a no deal more likely is good news to me, thanks guys keep it coming, glad to know I have you on side.

I don't think some of you understand what happened late last week and are over egging the desire of the British for a deal. All that has been made is an offer by the UK, non legally binding, clarifying what the EU faces losing should it choose the cliff edge Brexit. Kiss good bye to the UK settlement billions, EU citizens deported from the UK, more difficult access to, at 3 trillion dollars, one of the EU's biggest markets and so on.

There is a clear choice here for the EU. One side Macron and Schulz, let's call them team USEless, sees the EU fall off a Brexit cliff edge and the other side offers a greater chance of EU survival following a UK exit.

Don't be naive Eurochums the EU, more so the USEless option, faces an existential crisis of its own making, deal or no deal.

The British in general don't want to see you fall on hard times, we have offered you a last little dribble of charity, it is up to you if you take it we can't force you to. You can lead a horse to water.....
    I am certain that nations will be lining up for trade deals with a UK that reneges on promises made, that much is for sure. Just like on the day of Brexit, all former colonies will put up the British flags again and hail the return of the Empire, including the US. Kind of like that one Simpsons episode with the return of the UDSSR.

I am actually more interested in that last Dribble of charity. Is that a part of you, or a relative?

10+ Year Old Account
    Danish is from Denmark.

Even when you try to mock others, you mock yourself in the process impressive.

And the trade deal with Japan is final... I guess the UK will benefit a bit from it until they leave and have to negotiate their own deal.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20...on-early-2019/
    Jesus... no more taxes on Green Tea? As someone who actually buys the imported tea, a little 200g bag for 10 Euros is really too much. This is going to actually save me money. How can you not like the EU?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.