Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't think they have no place so much as certain aspects need reworking. Their mobility (and ability to retain much of their damage while doing so) puts many characters at an advantage. Also it's not much fun to play against imo, and based on the regularity with which I hear complaints this isn't an uncommon viewpoint. Overwatch is a very different game to HotS, so greater adaptation is needed. Heroes like Thrall and Kael'thas have shown that you can create flavour-appropriate characters without giving them the exact toolkits they had in WC3 and WoW respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Blackthorne yes.

Rock N Roll Racing? Only as an announcer pack.

Although being able to leave oil slicks and shoot missiles would be pretty cool.
    Jake Badlands or GTFO
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no issues with Overwatch characters being added to the game. The stuff I do have issue with is some of the ridiculous power creep they have contributed to when they were added, especially in the movement department. Lucío when he launched was a complete nightmare to keep up with. Tracer's ability to tower dive from half across the map and reset her positioning where she was impossible to reach when she launched was also a complete nightmare. If you did not have a stun and high burst she could not be killed back then.

While they have dialed back some of the more ridiculous aspects of the Overwatch Heroes, the impact they have had have been pretty negative to a bunch of Heroes, especially among the mage Heroes. Even after the rework Jaina is still not good enough to warrant getting picked when dive Heroes like Genji exist.

Then there is the other problem, which is D.va. Man, do I love playing her, but she is a complete and utter mess when it comes to her design. Since her launch she has been made borderline useless thanks to all the nerfs as well as not addressing the issues she had at launch; issues like her pilot mode being better than mech mode for damage, her atrocious talent tree, and her awful movement options (also ties back to her talents).

The developers have a hard time not going into such extremes when launching this particular brand of Heroes. They are either UP to the point of being useless or OP where it is not fun playing against them, especially in game modes like QM.

I like the visual and the "charisma" of OW heroes in HoTS, but playing against them feels honestly bad.

Genji and Tracer for known reasons, too much mobility and impunity in their dives. The mobility of both needs to be crippled a bit. The reflect shield on Genji is downright insulting.

Junkrat and D.Va are honestly balanced heroes, but still not "fun" to play against.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    HotS is a game comprised of characters from various Blizzard games, Is Overwatch not a Blizzard game?
    This. /10chars
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The bait is strong in this one.

Deleted
    I too feel overwatch is kinda... too similar. I think OW heroes are the easiest to transfer.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a logically sound and factually supported opinion.

⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Zahard View Post
    I too feel overwatch is kinda... too similar.
    A 6-side first person shooter is the same as a 5-man, 3-rd person Moba?

I think OW heroes are the easiest to transfer.
    Mainly because they have only a few abilities and come with ultimates. And unlike WoW/Diablo/Starcraft there's little lore or other games to draw abilities from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    The problem with Overwatch heroes is difficult to counter them, for example look at Tracer or Genji, they are both difficult to counter due to thier mobility. While D'Va do much better work than Zarya actually.

But also if we take look on Lucio, he is not only mobile hero, but also very versatile because he can use shield barrier on tough moments to save team, while Ana works perfectly with mages because of Nano-Boost.
    It is almost like support heroes are made to...support their teammates (speaking of supports, Medivh really needs to be reclassified, just so he can enjoy the nerfs with the rest of the supports).

OP, just learn to counterpick (or if doing QM, just pick heroes that are all-rounders). Genji and Tracer are both rather weak when it comes to fighting tanks, stuns and taunts provide decent windows to kill them due to their low base health.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2017-12-10 at 04:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman View Post
    I think they are all so mobile, every overwatch char seems to have some speed boost or something like that.
    Zarya is pretty slow, isn't she?

Also, I assume people mainly dislike the Overwatch heroes that can auto-attack while moving. But that's less than half of the entire roster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    A 6-side first person shooter is the same as a 5-man, 3-rd person Moba?

Mainly because they have only a few abilities and come with ultimates. And unlike WoW/Diablo/Starcraft there's little lore or other games to draw abilities from.
    I don't think you will accept my position - but the awesomeness is seeing all those blizzard heroes anew in hots. Overwatch heroes are like... tuned and ready to adapt. They neclet the big freedom of all other franchises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adréal View Post
    Zarya is pretty slow, isn't she?

Also, I assume people mainly dislike the Overwatch heroes that can auto-attack while moving. But that's less than half of the entire roster.
    Ana don't have actually auto-attack while moving, same Zarya does. D'Va got it but only in mecha mode. Not sure about Genji, because he can hit also meele when is close to target.

Oh and i forgot... Hanzo cries coming soon(TM)

Overwatch is a dead game anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Ana don't have actually auto-attack while moving, same Zarya does. D'Va got it but only in mecha mode. Not sure about Genji, because he can hit also meele when is close to target.

Oh and i forgot... Hanzo cries coming soon(TM)
    Genji has it half way; once he starts attacking from range, he can move while attacking but he has to stop for a moment to begin attacking again.

I think Tracer and Genji set the tone really badly; most people forget that D.Va, Zarya, Ana and Junkrat exist and are mostly balanced and fine.

Personally I blame the prevalance of the mass amounts of CC in the game that enables Blizzard to make Heroes to justify that amount.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Overwatch is a dead game anyways.
    It's dead to me at least. Competitive or die.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Genji has it half way; once he starts attacking from range, he can move while attacking but he has to stop for a moment to begin attacking again.

I think Tracer and Genji set the tone really badly; most people forget that D.Va, Zarya, Ana and Junkrat exist and are mostly balanced and fine.

Personally I blame the prevalance of the mass amounts of CC in the game that enables Blizzard to make Heroes to justify that amount.

It's dead to me at least. Competitive or die.
    The game is shit.

That is why overwatch is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    The game is shit.

That is why overwatch is dead.
    so is hots, the difference is that Overwatch actually makes Blizzard money

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I don't think they have no place so much as certain aspects need reworking. Their mobility (and ability to retain much of their damage while doing so) puts many characters at an advantage. Also it's not much fun to play against imo, and based on the regularity with which I hear complaints this isn't an uncommon viewpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    The stuff I do have issue with is some of the ridiculous power creep they have contributed to when they were added, especially in the movement department. Lucío when he launched was a complete nightmare to keep up with. Tracer's ability to tower dive from half across the map and reset her positioning where she was impossible to reach when she launched was also a complete nightmare. If you did not have a stun and high burst she could not be killed back then.

While they have dialed back some of the more ridiculous aspects of the Overwatch Heroes, the impact they have had have been pretty negative to a bunch of Heroes, especially among the mage Heroes. Even after the rework Jaina is still not good enough to warrant getting picked when dive Heroes like Genji exist.

The developers have a hard time not going into such extremes when launching this particular brand of Heroes. They are either UP to the point of being useless or OP where it is not fun playing against them, especially in game modes like QM.
    amen, fun to play but completely horrible and one dimensional to play against - point and click cc to blow them up with or lose

and that opinion is spreading, finally, although probably too late to do anything about it with the hard on the Hots dev team have for trying to leech off OW popularity
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-12-10 at 10:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well Tracer got one but big issue. She counters half of rooster that she is mainly hated, and find counter against her right now is difficult.

I think in 2018 blizzard should do some balance in rooster, about countering Tracer at least, maybe then people may calm down thier thrall ballz.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are shit. Well not really shit, they are pretty OP, but they have no place in HOTS, they are ruining the game there.
    I just wish they would remove all overwatch chars from HOTS. Those chars should stay in their own game.
    Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo heroes have no place in HOTS
    They are shit. Well not really shit, they are pretty OP, but they have no place in HOTS, they are ruining the game there.
    I just wish they would remove all Warcraft, Starcraft, and Diablo chars from HOTS. Those chars should stay in their own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Ok why? I think they are all so mobile, every overwatch char seems to have some speed boost or something like that. They are just so annoying. I think they should stay in their own fast phased game.
    just play better, with every hero there is always a way to counter them