Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    When it comes to rioters I believe the police do this thing called placing them under arrest... what with it being illegal an' all... I hear that it can result in a rather unpleasant experience called going to prison.
    their inability to follow the law rests entirely on their shoulders. they made the choice to react badly.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    their inability to follow the law rests entirely on their shoulders. they made the choice to react badly.
    I am confused by your post. Of course it is down the individual to follow the law why this needs to be said I don't know. Who made a choice to react badly? The rioters? But, yes, it would be considered a bad choice to find oneself in a position where there is a possibility of ending up in prison.

It sounds like you're a fan of limiting free speech.
    That's the complete opposite of what that post was saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    That's the complete opposite of what that post was saying.
    Was it? It sounded awfully like you were against people being allowed to assemble in order to voice their disapproval of something. Perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick?

10+ Year Old Account
    this whole thing in un-austrlian
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the police demanding protection-money now? Protecting peoples rights is the whole reason they exist.

Milo is a douche, doesn't mean you shouldn't protect him and his supporters the same as everyone else.

Was it? It sounded awfully like you were against people being allowed to assemble in order to voice their disapproval of something. Perhaps I got the wrong end of the stick?
    Yeah you got it totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    So basically reactionary idiots with a victim complex voted in certifiable idiots because their reality denying brains see shrinking "power" and are phobia levels scared of change to spite a perceived attack against them even though they're still perfectly fine.

Plenty of people with Lesbian children were in fact that biggest assholes to their children so your sister being lesbian doesn't mean much. Your words and who you like to cite speak more to the fact you'd be perfectly fine with your sister being unable to find a job because employers could fire her at will the second they found out she was a lesbian or just not hire her in the first place.
    You know...it amazes me how you guys call the other side reactionary idiots with victim complexes when you've done everything but physically castrate them for simply being born wrong. And I love how you call it a "perceived" attack when a note that simply says "it's okay to be white" was called a racist statement and set off a media frenzy.

And you clearly missed my post about how my lesbian sister was the one who introduced me to Milo. And as far as I've seen, the only LGBTQIAAABwhatever that have an issue with jobs are those that try to push their agendas on others. And that's only in the US as opposed to places like Canada, Britain and the Western EU which have quotas on employment and treat LGB...whatever...as a protected class to the point where a person can face jail time for simply using the wrong pronoun.

Oh, and my sister is gainfully employed and earns more than me. Which is only right since she put in the extra effort and got a higher education. Judge a person based on their abilities, not their race, gender or orientation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Is the police demanding protection-money now? Protecting peoples rights is the whole reason they exist.

Milo is a douche, doesn't mean you shouldn't protect him and his supporters the same as everyone else.
    Clearly it does, as seen at Berkley. And this IS Australia...where traffic lights are racist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo6ujFYWat0. And men (cucks) can come under fire for supporting feminism better than women https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd7ozC4omLk.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

I am confused by your post. Of course it is down the individual to follow the law why this needs to be said I don't know. Who made a choice to react badly? The rioters? But, yes, it would be considered a bad choice to find oneself in a position where there is a possibility of ending up in prison.
    there i no reason that a jail sentence cant be accompanied by a fine.

fining speakers its just political strong arming.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Charlottesville would have done the same thing to libtards protesting the statue.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    And you clearly missed my post about how my lesbian sister was the one who introduced me to Milo. And as far as I've seen, the only LGBTQIAAABwhatever that have an issue with jobs are those that try to push their agendas on others.
    Wanna see my review, Mr. Youtube link? Betting I could black out enough to hide my identity in Photoshop.

I was quietly let go with 7 or 8 other teacher's aides after all top marks and the recommendation of the sped teacher (a gem herself) I worked with. After finding out in late July (I can produce the emails too) that I wouldn't be rehired I landed a job two hours away with my own classroom on the back of that review that left me making only a few thousand more, forced me to abandon my house that I can't sell (thus a house and apartment payment), and had me give up my dogs to move a few hours away.

I wonder how much grief you'd be willing to accept for someone being totally fucked over.

I really wanted to add this for a change.
    Last edited by GreenGoldSharpie; 2017-12-10 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    there i no reason that a jail sentence cant be accompanied by a fine.

fining speakers its just political strong arming.
    Sending someone to prison usually inhibits their ability to work thus making fining them rather pointless.

What fine did a speaker receive?

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    It absolutely rewards the protesters. Because of the actions of the protesters it is now more prohibitive on people with opposing view points from being able to speak there. Milo can easily afford the $50k fine, not that I feel he should have to pay it, but how about a lesser known (less wealthy) speaker? Having to shell out money to do something keeps people from being able to do it. That is why most (if not all) civilized countries have abolished things like poll taxes. Making someone pay to exercise a right is wrong.
    On the other hand this works remarkably well at disincentivising trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification. The juggalo info is particularly hilarious. I was confused because nazis are often propped up as proof that extreme racism is rampant among the majority of white people.
    It's certainly prominent in the public consciousness right now, with certain major political figures openly pandering to neo-Nazis and other fringe right racist organisations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    It's so transparent that Milo and other provocateurs are trying to cause these protests and riots. It's about time authorities send him a bill.

Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be billed at least $50k by Victoria Police for protests

Right-wing provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos and his promoters will be slapped with a bill of at least $50,000 to cover the cost of the police numbers required to handle violent protests outside his shows in Melbourne. Hundreds of left and right-wing protesters gathered in front of the Melbourne Pavilion on Racecourse Road and Stubbs Street, Kensington on Monday night where they faced off and fought with sticks.

Milo's response to police on Twitter.

I think whoever thought of that should be fired.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Please do, most of those "Antifa" sites are alt right honeypots after all :P

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody stopped Milo presenting, and we're talking about a guy who publicly advocated for child molesters here.

So I'd say the right to free speech is doing fine. Ironically, in a country without it.

- - - Updated - - -

I hear she's President of the United States of Australia now.
    This is factually incorrect, but expected nonetheless based off of your previous posts in here. Milo never advocated for child molesters. He described his experience when he was young and commented how although he was molested it was a positive experience for his sexuality. I thought the Left was against victim blaming, but I guess if the victim has a different opinion than you then you get a free pass.

Hate Milo all you want, hate free speech all you want, and hate differing opinions all you want; its your right, but please, if you're going to make a statement seem as though it is factual, please do the right thing and make sure it is actually a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    This is factually incorrect, but expected nonetheless based off of your previous posts in here. Milo never advocated for child molesters. He described his experience when he was young and commented how although he was molested it was a positive experience for his sexuality. I thought the Left was against victim blaming, but I guess if the victim has a different opinion than you then you get a free pass.
    Pssssst... I'm not left wing.

Furthermore I'm afraid that the facts are not on your side there, Milo was specifically talking about "the tyranny of consent" when describing his molestation by a Catholic priest in rosy terms. He viewed the idea that people have to consent to sex as a terrible barrier that might get in the way of loving relationships between say, a Catholic priest and an underage boy. Yes that is absolutely, 100% advocating in favour of child molesters. And rapists of all stripes, if you think about it.

That's why his career got torpedoed, suddenly he was too toxic even for the alt right. And think about what THEIR standards are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Sending someone to prison usually inhibits their ability to work thus making fining them rather pointless.

What fine did a speaker receive?
    again, they should have thought about that before committing crime.

and clearly, you didnt read the thread title

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Pssssst... I'm not left wing.

Furthermore I'm afraid that the facts are not on your side there, Milo was specifically talking about "the tyranny of consent" when describing his molestation by a Catholic priest in rosy terms. He viewed the idea that people have to consent to sex as a terrible barrier that might get in the way of loving relationships between say, a Catholic priest and an underage boy. Yes that is absolutely, 100% advocating in favour of child molesters. And rapists of all stripes, if you think about it.

That's why his career got torpedoed, suddenly he was too toxic even for the alt right. And think about what THEIR standards are.
    What are you even talking about? He was never aligned with the alt right and even denounced them on multiple occasions... which most people would deduce as the reason the alt right doesn't like him. He does not share the same philosophies as them. It is convenient for people who do not like what he has to say to alienate him by calling him alt right. That sort of ideology just proves him right. You are attempting to align him with a bigoted political affiliation in an effort to discredit him; identity politics.

I don't understand your argument honestly. He says that he was molested by a priest, but from his experience, it benefited him. He never said that he condoned it in the slightest. Why can't he joke about it?

It actually doesn't appear that his career was torpedoed as a matter of fact. He's sold out in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Wanna see my review, Mr. Youtube link? Betting I could black out enough to hide my identity in Photoshop.

I was quietly let go with 7 or 8 other teacher's aides after all top marks and the recommendation of the sped teacher (a gem herself) I worked with. After finding out in late July (I can produce the emails too) that I wouldn't be rehired I landed a job two hours away with my own classroom on the back of that review that left me making only a few thousand more, forced me to abandon my house that I can't sell (thus a house and apartment payment), and had me give up my dogs to move a few hours away.

I wonder how much grief you'd be willing to accept for someone being totally fucked over.

I really wanted to add this for a change.
    Good, good, give in to your rage. Let it flow through you...Mr. Youtube? Really? If I was shallow I'd just respond by calling you Mr. Tranny. But 1) I'm not and 2) I'd probably get a strike from the mods.

In all seriousness if you'd bothered to read my "policy" I'm against firing a person simply on such a basis. Maybe what you say is true, maybe you're leaving stuff out, or maybe you're lying through your ass. But let's assume you're telling the truth. I'd be against that.

I simply pointed out that if you're going to keep poking at the lion don't be surprised when it eventually bites back. Those that'll suffer the most are those that likely didn't have any part in the craziness.

On another note, why can't you sell your house?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    What are you even talking about? He was never aligned with the alt right and even denounced them on multiple occasions... which most people would deduce as the reason the alt right doesn't like him. He does not share the same philosophies as them. It is convenient for people who do not like what he has to say to alienate him by calling him alt right. That sort of ideology just proves him right. You are attempting to align him with a bigoted political affiliation in an effort to discredit him; identity politics.

I don't understand your argument honestly. He says that he was molested by a priest, but from his experience, it benefited him. He never said that he condoned it in the slightest. Why can't he joke about it?

It actually doesn't appear that his career was torpedoed as a matter of fact. He's sold out in Australia.
    They think that if they keep saying it it will become fact. Kinda like how the like to go on about he abused the Ghostbusters chick on Twitter. He simply stated that it was a shame that they brought in a black female comedian to simply play a stereotypical black woman...and that he also made a joke about her looking like a man.

I'm guessing that last bit is why he got banned since he committed a major SJW cardinal sin by poking fun at a woman...and a BLACK woman at that.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Good, good, give in to your rage. Let it flow through you...

In all seriousness if you'd bothered to read my "policy" I'm against firing a person simply on such a basis. Maybe what you say is true, maybe you're leaving stuff out, or maybe you're lying through your ass. But let's assume you're telling the truth. I'd be against that.
    It's true enough that I'm filing a complaint with the Illinois Department of Human Rights through my lawyer. You think I kept that email so I could pull it out on forums?

My point was in responding to the fact that you don't think this is a thing, apparently. The US is riddled with cases where LGBT are fired or discriminated against. The only reason I even have a case is because Illinois added gender identity to the bill of rights. There aren't any national protections.

I simply pointed out that if you're going to keep poking at the lion don't be surprised when it eventually bites back. Those that'll suffer the most are those that likely didn't have any part in the craziness.
    Yeah, I so "poked the lion" by trying to give the district a heads up to give them time to develop policy, and not only did they never do so they quietly ignored me all summer (look at the date of the email, school started on August 16th), never contacted me for aid positions they have since hired for, and never contacted me to substitute despite my having done so for them before and they're in dire need. If I hadn't busted my hump to get my current teaching gig I'd be unemployed.

On another note, why can't you sell your house?
    Older house that has a handful of code violations that came up during the inspection. I can't afford to fix them given I'm so broke I'm putting the last week of food on credit thanks to having to pay a mortgage and rent for my apartment.